Notices

Motivation & Support 10/5-10/12

Old 10-05-2015, 10:38 PM
FitDay Member

dschefer, nice to meet you Thank you for that. My little decisions will grow to become game changers soon.

Yes, these little decisions I'm making and the change in my mindset is continually stoking the fire of my motivation. I drank some plain water! holly sheet...I actually didn't mind so much. I went down to decide which flavor to make next and I decided on orange wedges in my water. I was in the fridge getting the orange and realized just a couple minutes ago that I didn't even think to look at the soda! wow. This is just amazing me.

3:30a.m. and finding it hard to sleep...again. Oh! I forgot! I have great news. While dh has been earning some money as a temp electrician, it's been hard to make ends meet. Well, this morning a job with the union reached his number! As of today he's back to making his normal wages with our normal benefits kicking back in in a couple months. I'm anxious to hear how long this job might last. Pinching pennies and juggling funds and putting groceries on a credit card is really stressful!

I'll probably check in later again after I read what you all have going on for your days.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Just a quick check in this morning....I have a meeting in 10 minutes. I'm planning a core workout this afternoon after work. It's been a long time since I did any core work and I feel like I've lost connection to my abs. Like it just seems like work to hold my abs in and stand up straight...my posture is terrible! For the next three weeks, my entire exercise program will consist only of cardio and core workouts before I move on to other stuff. It's a start!

Lisa - So glad to hear your husband is working again!! I know how much of a relief that must be for you! What great timing...you're getting back on track and him finding work again. Brighter days ahead!

Nikki - Yuppers! Libby and I are the token Canadians here on fitday I think it's only the two of us? We both have a busy weekend of guests and preparing food ahead of us. ***sigh*** hahahah!! Thanks for the links...I'll be sure to check them out!

dschefer - One must not keep secrets from thy husband...LOL!! Joking of course I don't talk to my husband about fitday either. I figure it's better for me to talk about weightloss with friends who understand rather than my husband...who would be driven up the wall with me talking about this stuff daily. Sometimes these little secrets are the best thing for a happy marriage...heehheehee

Hope - as always, your menu looks yummy!

Libby - I haven't done a stitch of cleaning or prep yet. Going to be a busy week trying to squeeze it all in after dinner!

Gotta run!! Have a great day all!
Old 10-06-2015, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, oh no you would not be intruding on my privacy. Frankly, I don't know the calories. I did log food and try to keep with 1200 or 1500 calories at times but I found just planning healthy food works better for me than numbers. When I food log, I get obsessed (and hungrier.) When I make meal plans, then I have guidelines and try to prepare ( buying fish, chicken, veg, etc.) And I do go off at times but it helps for me to have a plan.

BTW steel cut oats as opposed to any other kind is really filling. I don't even eat a whole portion and it keeps me full longer. I always add fruit, nuts, coconut, fax seeds, etc.

Nikki, I did love that virginity comment. That's a good one.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hope the steel cut oats sound like a great idea. Is there any other way to make them besides oatmeal? A friend of mine makes bulgour (wheat) just like rice, with cheese melted on top. That is so good--comfort food.

My family doesn't like oatmeal, so I would have to make it just for myself.

Do any of you have feelings of nausea when you restrict food? I feel sick today--my body is playing any trick it can to get me to eat. It might be because I'm drinking Bolthouse Farms Daily Greens juice, and it's not very tasty, though according to the container, extremely healthy

I have a slight headache today too--I think it means I'm getting rid of toxins, but it's not pleasant.

Plus I'm reading The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, which just might be the most important reason of all...

I'm down a tiny bit this morning--from 64.9kg to 64.6kg--I'll have to create a signature for this info, like everybody else...
Old 10-06-2015, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Accountability check in!

Weekly Goals:
1) Count points daily - Mon-yes, Tues-yes
2) 4 20-30 min cardio workouts - Mon-30 min. elliptical, Tues-60 min. walk...not sure if I count the walk as cardio, but it was movement!
3) 3 core workouts - Tues-yes
4) 64 oz. water daily - Mon-64 oz., Tues - 32 oz.

Last edited by lildebbieg; 10-07-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

dschefer, yes I get nauseous if I get too hungry. Try eating a little protein to give yourself some energy. I get headaches if I get dehydrated. Have you been drinking enough?

Hope,
thanks for filling me in. It's funny how one thing works so perfectly for one and not the other. For me, if I don't count calories I get way too off track in a blink of an eye. I've never had steel cut oats before. Well, I did use them once to try to make crock pot oatmeal and it was a horrendous fail. I love me some old fashioned oats nuked in the microwave for 2 minutes with milk, brown sugar, stevia, cinnamon, raisins and craisins. I buy all the stuff then package up single servings in plastic bags so when I want some I just grab a bag, put it in a bowl and add milk. I think I only have 1 or 2 left. Time to make some more.

Debbie,
I hear you about the abs and stuff. I sometimes wonder if I have so much back pain because my core is too weak to hold up my heavy body straight. What do you think?

I went off track a tiny bit today. I was up all night again and that's when I get the hungriest. I eat something and it's like an extra meal added to my day that wouldn't have been there if I had been able to sleep.

My dd said she was learning about genetics in school today and realized she has a lot more of her dad's traits than she realized. She was listing things and one of her items was her athleticism, and that she must have got that from her dad. I told her that back in the day when I was young like her I was very strong and very athletic and fit. She was kind of surprised to hear that. She's only known me to be fat. Sad, isn't it?

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 10-06-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dschefer
Hope the steel cut oats sound like a great idea. Is there any other way to make them besides oatmeal? A friend of mine makes bulgour (wheat) just like rice, with cheese melted on top. That is so good--comfort food.

My family doesn't like oatmeal, so I would have to make it just for myself.

Do any of you have feelings of nausea when you restrict food? I feel sick today--my body is playing any trick it can to get me to eat. It might be because I'm drinking Bolthouse Farms Daily Greens juice, and it's not very tasty, though according to the container, extremely healthy

I have a slight headache today too--I think it means I'm getting rid of toxins, but it's not pleasant.

Plus I'm reading The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, which just might be the most important reason of all...

I'm down a tiny bit this morning--from 64.9kg to 64.6kg--I'll have to create a signature for this info, like everybody else...
You know I don't know about making steel cut oats any other way, interesting question tho. Definitely worth a Google. I make one portion for myself. DH doesn't like them; DD is at school.
I do get nauseous sometimes changing diet. That green drink sounds yucky. Can you make your own?
What is the PMP Exam? Maybe I've got to Google that too!
Old 10-06-2015, 02:11 PM
FitDay Member

1) 6 glasses water minimum - yes, yes
2) clean diet -yes, yes
3) Plan meals -yes, yes

Plan:
10/7
Breakfast:
my leftover oatmeal and a hard boiled egg - yes
an orange
Lunch
pb and sf jam on sf bread with carrot sticks or
veggie burger and small salad - veggie burger and honeydew
Dinner
charcoal grilled salmon or grilled shrimp and squash - grilled shrimp and cucumbers
Snacks:
escarole and bean soup (could be lunch) - mushroom/kale soup
honeydew - above
trail mix

Last edited by canary52; 10-07-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

I am still cleaning like crazy. Today I will be washing down the cupboards from sticky hand prints washing floors and what ever else I get to. For supper we had spagetti and meat balls with fried mushrooms. I couldn't eat it all and gave the rest to the dog. I was so sore last night that I went to bed at 10pm. early for me. My calories were a little high but I did a lot of work. I hope that everyone is having a good week.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, I don't envy your holiday preps. Reminds me that our Thanksgiving will be here soon and how stressed I will be. Just think how sparkly your house is going to be! And you're burning off a lot of calories in the process. win/win

Hope, looks like another good menu!

I was up almost the whole night again and really had to stop myself from eating. It made me more restless. I had an atkins with milk, and it helped, but I really wanted to raid the pantry. So glad I didn't. I was super hungry this morning after a 1.5 hour sleep. I had 4 slices of ham lunch meat and a slice of cheese for some protein for very few calories. I'm also having another atkins w/ milk now. I'll be going back to bed very shortly and my hunger usually passes in the afternoon. Not sure what we're having for dinner tonight. Can't think that far ahead. Don't know how you meal planners do it! lol I plan the meals I will make for the week, but I never know which one I'm going to make until it's time to cook each night.

Well, I am seriously excited. I've been trying really hard to stay close to my target calories, and I've been logging everything, weighing, measuring, etc. and it seems to be paying off. If I can keep this up, I will have a very exciting number to post for friday weigh-in. Then I have to worry about it staying off over the weekend for Monday Challenge check-in.

Update: I edited my post and deleted some stuff that after rereading it I felt came across as negative, which wasn't my intention. I was concerned about wrinkles showing up after losing weight and loose skin looking bad. I was just typing the thoughts rolling around in my head, and I realize I shouldn't be so quick to type. I've been negative in the past, and I don't intend to go that way again. I'm loving the positivity in the group as well as all the uplifting support.

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 10-07-2015 at 04:47 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.