Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Support 9/28-10/4 >

Motivation & Support 9/28-10/4

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 9/28-10/4

Old 10-02-2015, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all!! I didn't chime in yesterday...I was still feeling sick with this cold but happy to say I am on the mend!!! I took Lisa's advice and have been doing some self reflection. What was different 2 years ago when I started...yet again...to lose weight and was successful that time? I remember that I didn't let the scale determine what I was going to do that day. I made a plan and stuck to it! I remember saying to myself to trust the process. I knew if I stuck to my plan, results would follow. Now I get discouraged so easily and just feel angry at myself for gaining it all back plus some. When I don't see results fast enough, I give up. I need to learn to trust the process again. Another thing I was doing back then was exercising in the morning before I went to work. It was tough at first, but soon I adjusted. It felt good to take care of my needs first thing in my day before family and job responsibilities took over. I actually took time for myself...something I haven't been doing. I also checked in here daily for accountability. That was really motivating! So today, I'm making a new plan! I'll post my plan on a weekly basis and come back daily for accountability. I'm also planning to stay off the scale for 30 days. Can I do it? I really want to! I can't control that number on the scale, but I can control what I ingest and what exercise I do. I want that to be my main focus. I trust the process...I know whole heartedly that if I make a plan and stick to it that I will get results. Hopefully in 30 days, I'll feel more under control and more into a routine again and then take it from there and decide on weigh days. Maybe I'll just stick to weighing every 2-3 weeks? I don't know? Maybe that will help me to stay focused on my plan? Or will getting on the scale on a daily basis keep me accountable? For now, I'm going to focus on diet and exercise...the scale will be there 30 days from now.

Libby - So happy to read you've had a successful week! That must feel really good! I too feel like I can't do this on my own....or at least I don't want to. It's so much nicer to have friends to check in with. Great job putting in some time on the dreadmill!! Not easy to do with a sore foot! How is it feeling....any better?

Lisa - Glad to hear you're having a good week as well! I hope that scale is good to you today, but if not don't let it dictate how you're feeling. Whether it's up or down today, you did really well this week! Be proud! If you keep having weeks like this, the scale will have no choice but to go down

Nikki - Monday weigh ins to keep you on track over the weekend...excellent strategy!! One I tried myself but still didn't keep me honest on the weekends You seem very diligent and organized! Impressive that you've been at this since March and still going strong! When I've done well in the past, meal planning and meal prep have always been extremely important. I am going to make that part of my plan going forward! I need to check out that website too! I love simple recipes!

Mike - Looks like you're doing very well with your goals this week! Lots of green

Hope - Hi How are you feeling? Hope the fibro flare is simmering down.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-02-2015, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa - Looks like I was composing my novel when you were posting You just secured my resolve that much more. We all know the scale goes up and down everyday, yet it can be so upsetting and demotivating. This is exactly why I'm going to stay off the scale. Don't you let it get you down girl! You keep that motivation and keep marching forward!

I was literally laughing out loud reading about your daughter and the car. Very funny! Seriously....how does one forget a car?? LOL!!!
Old 10-02-2015, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, you can most certainly change your Friday weigh in numbers if the weight comes off in the next couple of days. Any weigh that comes on that quickly is usually water retention from eating salty foods. It should come off if you cut the salt and drink more water. What an ordeal with the car this morning. I hope that the rest of your day is much better.

I turned 61 in March and it was more traumatic than 60. All of my family lost their jobs and it was a very stressful time for us. I even stopped posting for a while because I was in a very low state of mind and turned to food for comfort.
Looking back I should have reached out for help instead of closing down. I am back now and have a long range goal of 117 lbs by 2018 or sooner. Some one once told "me make a plan or plan to fail." I plan to succeed. It's going to take a lot of time and work but it will be worth it.
My plan is to take it off in 4 stages of 22 pounds so my first goal is 179 pounds. It seams less daunting this way instead of looking at losing 88 pounds. Make a plan and follow through.

Debbie, Do what works for you. You have done it before and can do it again. Your plan is solid and if the scale is a problem then use other tools to measure your progress. The best indicator of progress is how your clothes fit and how strong you feel. You can do it. I promise not to pester you about weigh ins any more.

Last edited by libby135; 10-02-2015 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Great attitude Libby!! You can do this!!! Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time. I think it's often common for people to retreat in tough times when what we really need is to reach out. I'm glad you're posting again....and I'm glad I'm posting again too! We can do this together!
Old 10-02-2015, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, glad to be back and glad that you're back. I had to laugh at the wedding ring goal because I haven't been able to wear mine for about a year.
I thought they were going to have to saw them off. I still have an indent in my finger after all this time. When I get to 175 I should be able to wear them again. When I get to 117 I will have to get them resized. Oh happy day.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

I was thrilled to go and change today's weigh-in. I'm still .2 more than I was yesterday, but a 1lb loss is a very good loss, and I'm dang proud of myself!!! It validated that I actually did have a good week like I thought, and next week I won't eat a ham sandwich at midnight on weigh-in day.

Like Libby & Debbie, I was absent for a while when I was consoling myself with food. Glad I'm back here with good people and great support!
Old 10-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Hey everyone. I'm still here, just been super busy. Still haven't gotten a scale yet. I've been to busy to attach the fridge, I guess when I can actually get a scale I can set a baseline.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

I had a good day with calories at 1050 and exercise was sorting and putting away my summer clothes. It has gotten quite cool and I needed long sleeve tops and my fall jacket which I had stored away. I am looking forward to my clothes fitting better as I lose weight. Have a good week end.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! It's late in the week....I mean it's already the weekend, but I didn't want to wait until Monday to get back on track. I'm setting up some goals for the weekend ahead and then next week, I'll start with the weekly goal setting again.

Weekend Goals

1. minimum 64 oz. water each day
2. count calories...no calorie goal for now
3. 30 min. cardio each day
4. meal plan for the week ahead
5. meal prep (as much as possible) for the week ahead

That should do it!
Old 10-02-2015, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, great going on your calories! It's getting to be long sleeve weather where you are?? Lucky you. It was over 100F today again. We're getting excited because tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 90's. Send me some of your cool weather!!!

Debbie, those are excellent goals. I remember waaaaaay in the beginning when I was changing just one thing at a time, I started logging without keeping a goal. It really worked in getting me in the habit first of all, and second it was good to see what my "normal" was so I could see where I needed to go from there. I'm kind of in that spot again. I'm trying to log every day, and although I have a target for the day, it's still hit and miss a little. Getting in the habit of logging though is my main concern.

Thursday night I gained 1.2 lbs from the day before according to the scale on Friday morning. Then I weighed Friday afternoon and it was a 1 lb loss. I am happy to say that the final .2 "gain" came off and I officially lost 1.2 lbs this week! I'm very excited about that.

The piece of the puzzle that I'm missing the most is exercise. In the past we've done challenges to help us with a short term goal. I was wondering if we could do some sort of exercise/weight loss challenge again? Maybe a New Year completion date? That would give us 3 months...is that too far away? How about mid November if New Years is too far? I know when we had some challenges before I did well with them...except that last one. I dropped out and it was a big fail for me. Then I went MIA for quite a while and gained almost everything back. Not this time though!

New Years might have some benefits though because it might be encouragement to stay better on track through the holidays. Just my thoughts.

I've done well on calories today...under goal. But with that ham sandwich at midnight last night I went way over yesterday.

Sorry for the novel!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.