Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation 9/14-9/20 Can you increase your efforts? >

Motivation 9/14-9/20 Can you increase your efforts?

Community
Notices

Motivation 9/14-9/20 Can you increase your efforts?

Old 09-14-2015, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation 9/14-9/20 Can you increase your efforts?

Can I increase my efforts? I know I can! I know I'm not working as hard as I can about staying on track with my calories and trying out that new DVD player I bought. What can you do to increase your efforts? 1 more glass of water? 5 more minutes on the treadmill?

I wonder what just a little bit of increase in effort done consistently would look like over a week, month, year.

I had a granola bar at breakast. I'm going to have an atkins w/ milk when I get home from dropping the kids off. I think we're going to have tuna sandwiches for dinner tonight. I don't know. The buns might be bad because I bought them last weekend. ugh. I hate it when I waste food from not using it within the timeframe I originally planned. So we'll see what happens.

I hope your week has started off well. (I had a good morning when I weighed myself and saw that I have lost nearly 4 lbs from last week!!!)
Old 09-14-2015, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

I'll make a goal, one that I hope I can commit to.
My goals
1) check in daily and try to touch base with everyone posting.
2) water, water and more water
3) do something productive
Old 09-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Lisa to increase my effort... I will walk 2 miles. I have had ZERO activity lately, so that should be a good start. I go out to my New Orleans office tomorrow, I haven't "done the stairs" in years. I'll attempt to walk up and down the 7 flights to get to my office, with my heavy computer bag. Seven flights is harder than it sounds... when you're not use to it. What are your goals for the week?
Old 09-14-2015, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

My goals for the week:
Be diligent about logging in my food
Be accurate regarding measurements of foods--NO GUESSING, Vicki!
Exercise the joints that are ok and rest those that aren't!

Weight was up this morning, but then I have a knee so swollen I can't bend it or put weight on it--yep, I'm going to MD in the morning. Got a feeling all this pain is from an arthritis flare.

Lisa: Congrats on 4 pounds lost! Like what you wrote about small increases in effort over time and the results we see from that diligence in effort!

Mike: 7 flights of stairs--that's a lot of walking! If anyone can do it, YOU can!

Vicki
Old 09-14-2015, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, good to see you! 7 flights of stairs??? holy cow, I can barely do the 1 flight in my house...even then I get winded. even if you did 2 or 3 to start, that would be ecxellent. and 2 miles? Wow! I can't imagine that right now.

Vicki, so sorry to hear you are having so much pain. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Weighing and measuring is key. It's amazing how far off we are when we guess, you know? I need to be better about that myself.

My goals for this week are to drastically reduce the amount full sugared soda I'm drinking, and start exercising. Even if I only do it once or twice...I just need to start.

Had 1 tuna sandwich on a potato bun for dinner. I know I will get hungry again later, and I may have another sandwich. I've barely eaten anything today, so I'm good with that.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 09-14-2015, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all!! I'm in for another week of fitday fun! I just came back from a physio appointment. I've been so afraid of doing exercise and hurting my foot again. She encouraged me to start slow, but also assured me it's okay to start. Fingers crossed I manage to get back into the swing of things without injury!

Lisa - Thanks for starting us off this week! You've got some solid goals this week. What are you planning to do for exercise? You mentioned you have a new dvd player, so I assume you'll be doing dvds....but which ones? I know you're afraid of injuring your shoulder again (it was your shoulder right?) Take it slow and listen to your body! Are you going to drink diet soda or just try to limit soda all together? I love me some Pepsi Max!! It's a guilty pleasure

Mike - I like your stair goal! In the Spring, I was doing 12 floors (so 24 flights?) twice a day. I hear ya! It doesn't sound like a lot but doing stairs is no joke! I would get back to my desk and have to turn my fan on high to cool down and pray nobody stopped by for anything and catch me all red faced! LOL!

Vicki - I too find it so hard to track calories. Way back, I used to do Weight Watchers....seemed easier to count points...it was easy to remember how many points for the typical food I would eat. I could easily track in my head without even having to write anything down...although it took me a while to get to that point. Maybe I should give WW a try again? Hope you find some relief for your knee!! There is nothing quite like joint pain is there!

Have a great evening all!
Old 09-15-2015, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

Debbie, I'm not sure how it goes. My office is on the 7th floor, is that 14 flights?
Old 09-15-2015, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Good Tuesday morning all.

I hope you don't mind if I jump right in. That will be the first increase in effort I put forth! So my nickname is Grumpy and yes I've been known as that IRL so no worries. This is my first post to fitday, too.

My goals
2) check in daily.
3) get good at tracking food (I'm good with water, the food is my issue)
4) despite hating the treadmill where we are, I will work it, and I will get good.

I read last week's post the night I joined FD and was gonna post to it but it was the wee hours of Sunday night so I thought I'd wait til Monday, then my hubby arrived, and the day got away from me, so here I am today. So yesterday, I started off with reasonable food, and the when hubby arrived, he had beer, and I gave into a vanilla coke, and that gave in to a cupcake, but that was not too bad.

Lisa, yay on 4 lbs. that is awesome!!

Mike, I'll race ya flight of stairs! . My daughters and I are on vacation for 4weeks, in a 14th floor condo. My middle, hates the elevator and has been insistent about walking down, she is also my walking buddy, but she is not so keen about going up. So far we have walked the stairs down at least 2x a day. I think we've walked up 1/2 once!!

Vicki, ouch, knee pain sucks. I hope you got it looked at, and that it will heal quickly.

lildebbieg, sorry don't know your name. Another crazy stair person!! Yay! I hope your foot gives you no trouble!!

So a little about me. I'm new to fit day. Im working off baby weight from 3 of 4 babies, my youngest is now 6. My doc tells me I have borderline thyroid issues, I'm not interested in being skinny just healthy and getting off BP meds. My family history and present has too many health issues for me to not do something about losing this weight now (I'm the baby of my family and don't want to end up in their places.). So I'm a new runner. Been at it about a month, working on my own version of c25k! My middle kid is my motivator. She always has energy to burn (blessing of adhd) and has made it her goal to make sure my phone reaches a daily goal of 10,000 steps. So usually after dinner each night she insists we walk to the bottom of our hill (at home) and back. At the beach she drags me on endless walks on the beach (mile-ish) plus the stairs down from the 14th floor and half way up periodically. My oldest(teen) also tags along as she has just decided to increase her own fitness level - she's skinny but out of shape. And she is looking to be my motivator in strength training.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Wow grumpy, that's a lot of stairs. I actually timed myself this morning, it took a minute and 47 seconds.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Back from MD with 2 new meds for the pain and swelling, lab work done and x-rays done and sent to a rheumatologist, exercises from PT and another visit scheduled for next week. I'm really glad I've lost weight if my knees are gonna hurt! As painful as it is now, I can just imagine how much more it would hurt if I weighed 370 like I did over a year ago!

Grumpy: Welcome! It's so easy to get off track with eating and one bite becomes two and two becomes ten!

Mike: Enjoy walking the stairs but take care of your knees!

Lisa: Exercise isn't the most fun thing for me to do either, but I know if I want to be stronger and healthier, I have to start somewhere and it might as well be today!

Debbie: Here's to us gals who have to take it S-L-O-W! We STILL rock!

Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.