Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation 9/14-9/20 Can you increase your efforts? >

Motivation 9/14-9/20 Can you increase your efforts?

Community
Notices

Motivation 9/14-9/20 Can you increase your efforts?

Old 09-15-2015, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rosabella2012

Mike: 7 flights of stairs--that's a lot of walking! If anyone can do it, YOU can!

Vicki
Thanks. It wasn't too bad. I could feel my hips burning though. Probably did help having on dress shoes and a 20# bag to carry.

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Mike, good to see you! 7 flights of stairs??? holy cow, I can barely do the 1 flight in my house...even then I get winded. even if you did 2 or 3 to start, that would be ecxellent. and 2 miles? Wow! I can't imagine that right now.
A tuna sammich sound good right about now. I already forgot about the 2 mile goal, I'll try to knock that out tomorrow.

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Back from MD with 2 new meds for the pain and swelling, lab work done and x-rays done and sent to a rheumatologist, exercises from PT and another visit scheduled for next week. I'm really glad I've lost weight if my knees are gonna hurt! As painful as it is now, I can just imagine how much more it would hurt if I weighed 370 like I did over a year ago!

Mike: Enjoy walking the stairs but take care of your knees!

Vicki
Now that my weight is back up, my knees will feel it. I need to drop a good 40 pounds.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

I did it. 2 mi /35 min run/walk on the cranky treadmill. Also 3x down 14 floors, 1x up 7.

Food tracking not going so well. No soda today, but eating reasonably healthy.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:39 PM
FitDay Member

Grumpy, welcome and nice to meet you! I think it's great that your kids are getting involved in the fitness right along with you.

Vicki, I hope the knee pain gets better real soon for you. Yes, it is such a good thing you're less than a year ago. Congrats on your progress since then!

Mike, great job on the stairs! less than 2 minutes? that is amazing. good for you. lol It probably takes me that long to get up the stairs in my house (not really, but it sure does feel like it!)

I ate reasonably well today, although definitely not perfect. I didn't log. I had some soda, but not as much as I was having daily last week. I'm good with that. my goal was not to go cold turkey, but was to improve. I didn't exercise again, but I did get in a ton of moving around when I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to clean the kitchen while cooking dinner and baking pies. It was hot, and I was sweating, so it was kind of like exercising.

Yes, I said pies. We're having company tomorrow (wednesday) for dinner, and I wanted to try a new recipe for dessert. I will only have a little. I had a little sliver tonight to try it to make sure it wasn't horrible, since it's a new recipe...you never know. they look great in the recipe photo, but how do they really taste?

I'll be making runzas which is a hamburger/cabbage mixture in a bread pocket like a calzone or something. They're native to Nebraska (actually have a fast food chain that sells nothing but runzas). We are having Sara's softball coach over for dinner because he is from Nebraska (so is my dh) and he really wants runzas too. I will have only one, 2 if they turn out small. and a small piece of pie. The rest of the day I will behave.

That's what's going on here on my end for today (tuesday). see you all later!
Old 09-16-2015, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

My goals
1) check in daily and try to touch base with everyone posting. yes
2) water, water and more water yes
3) do something productiveyes (stairs)
Old 09-16-2015, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Grumpy72ga
I did it. 2 mi /35 min run/walk on the cranky treadmill. Also 3x down 14 floors, 1x up 7.

Food tracking not going so well. No soda today, but eating reasonably healthy.
Good job on the dread mill. Not too shabby on the stairs either, keep it up!

Mike, great job on the stairs! less than 2 minutes? that is amazing. good for you. lol It probably takes me that long to get up the stairs in my house (not really, but it sure does feel like it!)

I ate reasonably well today, although definitely not perfect. I didn't log. I had some soda, but not as much as I was having daily last week. I'm good with that. my goal was not to go cold turkey, but was to improve. I didn't exercise again, but I did get in a ton of moving around when I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to clean the kitchen while cooking dinner and baking pies. It was hot, and I was sweating, so it was kind of like exercising.

Yes, I said pies. We're having company tomorrow (wednesday) for dinner, and I wanted to try a new recipe for dessert. I will only have a little. I had a little sliver tonight to try it to make sure it wasn't horrible, since it's a new recipe...you never know. they look great in the recipe photo, but how do they really taste?

I'll be making runzas which is a hamburger/cabbage mixture in a bread pocket like a calzone or something. They're native to Nebraska (actually have a fast food chain that sells nothing but runzas). We are having Sara's softball coach over for dinner because he is from Nebraska (so is my dh) and he really wants runzas too. I will have only one, 2 if they turn out small. and a small piece of pie. The rest of the day I will behave.

That's what's going on here on my end for today (tuesday). see you all later!
mmmm pie. Thank you and good job on cutting back on the soda... no go get some exercise in!
Old 09-16-2015, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

My mom is keeping me busy and she eats like a 77 year old. Prunes, watery soup...

I apologize if anyone is that age and eats better.

Monday I walked out for coffee in the morning. Oh yeah, she doesn't have a coffee maker or have internet. Later in the day I walked out for groceries. Then we had an evening walk.

Tuesday I walked out for coffee, then we went to aquafit. They didn't want to give me the senior discount because I looked too young. I finished the day by cleaning out her freezer and freezing the girls. Lots of arm power scraping ice.

Today, I am out on my coffee/internet walk. Heading back now. Not sure what my mom has in store.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

Annette, prunes and watery soup. sounds so yummy. lol good going on getting in all those walks. on looking younger than the seniors.

Mike, the pie was just meh. you didn't miss anything.

I had a very stressful day. a lot of cooking, cleaning the kitchen repeatedly from all of it. Made home made dough for the runzas, but something went wrong with the first batch, so I got to mix up another batch...yea! (not) I thought the runzas turned out really good. The guy we had over for dinner ate 4 I think. lol but he didn't even say they were good or anything. My feelings were hurt. The pie wasn't that great. So, stressed out me opted for some vanilla ice cream with la lechera (soft caramel sauce stuff). It was out of a place of serious emotional eating. My weight was down .2 this afternoon, so an indulgence in a little ice cream and caramel isn't going to bump me up that much. However, the runzas and dough had a LOT of salt. That may skew things a bit for a couple days.

I hope everyone is doing well. Looks like we're missing a few today. ahem. ladies?
Old 09-17-2015, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

I had a second walk Wednesday night.

Thursday, I am at the coffee shop now. Later this morning we are meeting at the pool for aquafit.
Tomorrow I will be driving for 6 hours and in the hospital with my mom for 3 hours.
Saturday I am going to a country fair all day.
Sunday I drive home 6 hours.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

My goals
1) check in daily and try to touch base with everyone posting. Tues. yes, Wed. yes
2) water, water and more water Tues. yes, Wed. yes
3) do something productiveTues. yes (stairs), Wed. yes (transplanted a tree)

I just noticed that somehow I'm missing my update for Monday.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-17-2015 at 05:44 AM.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

My hip is still killing me from the stairs. It just goes to show how out of shape I am. Well not really, round IS a shape. Still haven't been able to knock out the 2 miles. I'm been battling a skin irritation, maybe a heat rash, so it's holding me back right now. I'm hoping it clears up soon.

Originally Posted by rainbow24
My mom is keeping me busy and she eats like a 77 year old. Prunes, watery soup...

I apologize if anyone is that age and eats better.

Monday I walked out for coffee in the morning. Oh yeah, she doesn't have a coffee maker or have internet. Later in the day I walked out for groceries. Then we had an evening walk.

Tuesday I walked out for coffee, then we went to aquafit. They didn't want to give me the senior discount because I looked too young. I finished the day by cleaning out her freezer and freezing the girls. Lots of arm power scraping ice.

Today, I am out on my coffee/internet walk. Heading back now. Not sure what my mom has in store.
Congrats on not getting the senior discount!

Annette, prunes and watery soup. sounds so yummy. lol good going on getting in all those walks. on looking younger than the seniors.

Mike, the pie was just meh. you didn't miss anything.

I had a very stressful day. a lot of cooking, cleaning the kitchen repeatedly from all of it. Made home made dough for the runzas, but something went wrong with the first batch, so I got to mix up another batch...yea! (not) I thought the runzas turned out really good. The guy we had over for dinner ate 4 I think. lol but he didn't even say they were good or anything. My feelings were hurt. The pie wasn't that great. So, stressed out me opted for some vanilla ice cream with la lechera (soft caramel sauce stuff). It was out of a place of serious emotional eating. My weight was down .2 this afternoon, so an indulgence in a little ice cream and caramel isn't going to bump me up that much. However, the runzas and dough had a LOT of salt. That may skew things a bit for a couple days.

I hope everyone is doing well. Looks like we're missing a few today. ahem. ladies?
What is runzas? Your guest doesn't sound like he's very appreciative to me. Congrats on the loss!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.