Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation starting 9/7/15, Labor of Love, Taking Care of Ourselves >

Motivation starting 9/7/15, Labor of Love, Taking Care of Ourselves

Community
Notices

Motivation starting 9/7/15, Labor of Love, Taking Care of Ourselves

Old 09-10-2015, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Vicki. Cheese cake is my favorite dessert. It is very hard to resist. I haven't had any for a long time. Good job on not giving in.

Mac and cheese got me. Oh No

Last edited by libby135; 09-10-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Vicki, nice job on not eating your feelings and staying on track. good for you and here's to your improved health!

Libby, I know just how you feel about decluttering your life. It feels so rejuvenating to me to not be so burdened by 'stuff'. Speaking of which, I also need to clean my sewing area.

Mixed bag day for me. I'm dealing with my oldest son again, and that always brings a great deal of stress on me. I'm still not good at avoiding things when I'm at my worst stress-wise.

Debbie Hope and Annette? How are you ladies doing?

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 09-10-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:21 PM
FitDay Member

I was a little afraid to step on the scale this morning because of the mac and cheese fiasco last night but I did lose weight. WOO HOO. I promise to be good today. Where is every body?
Lisa, take a relaxing bath with some sented candles and soft music or what ever destresses you. I hope you can work things out with your son.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, but I did a great job in the food department again. Still no exercise, I'm terrified to hurt my foot again! I go back to physio on Monday so hopefully I start seeing more progress and feel more confident to start exercising again. My weight has come down 2 lbs. already. If only it was so easy as the weeks pile up! The first week always reaps huge rewards!

Vicki - Men can be so insensitive! Heck so can many women! Good job remembering your goals and staying committed to yourself. Very inspirational message when you said getting off track hurts only yourself...great reminder!

Libby - I took your suggestion and bit the bullet by writing down my high weight and just moving forward. I've set myself some mini goals to focus on over the coming months. I feel confident today that I can and will make this happen again. Glad to be checking in with you again on Fridays!

Lisa - Sorry to hear you're dealing with stress with your son again. Staying on track is so hard under extra stress! Just do your best to keep your goals in front of you. Like Vicki said, if we get off track we only hurt ourselves. I've seen you do well for several consecutive months...you've done it before and you can do it again.

We've all had success of some degree in the past with weight loss right? So if we've done it before, we can do it again! We just have to remember how....persevere during stress, plateaus, cravings, etc. We've all go this if we want it bad enough!

Have an awesome day all! Make it count!
Old 09-11-2015, 06:13 PM
FitDay Member

Today was a total relapse day, and I'm actually ok with that. Between the stress of dealing with my son AND starting my period (oh when oh when will menopause start???) I don't care that I drank probably gallons of soda and had a few mini powdered doughnuts. I had LOTS of Hawaiian chicken at dinner and after dropping Tyler off at the bus station. I guess that comes out to breakfast, lunch and dinner with what I ate, but I also suppose that's not so bad since I didn't have breakfast or lunch.

We've got a tournament again this weekend, but in all honesty I'm not sure I'm going. I'm starting to cramp, and the 2nd day is usually the worst. I get cramps all the way down to my knees. My belly, back and legs just aaaaache so badly. It's no fun.

I'll try to get back on track tomorrow.

Thanks for the encouragement Libby and Debbie.

Libby, it's good that you have a safe zone and can take yourself out of the situation like that.

Debbie...2 lbs? That's awesome! So what if it's water weight or anything else...at least it's gone, right? good for you.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all.
Debbie, I took your suggestion and set some mini goals for myself.

Today was another race day and the final one of the season. DS got second over all and second in his age category. He did so well this year with many
medals to show for his hard work and training. Nothing is achieved with out dedication to a goal. Tonight we are going out to celebrate and I will be good.
I made healthy choices but my calories were still too high.
My weight was down a bit this morning so I didn't mess up. Yeah

Last edited by libby135; 09-13-2015 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, congrats to your son on his wins and all his hard work! and to you too, for your loss this week.

Gets pretty quiet around here on the weekends. Sara had a tournament this weekend and they finished 3 & 2. Not bad for a team that's only been together for about 6 weeks.

I'm a little bit down from last week...2 lbs...but I'm not sure if it's "permanent" weight or "fluctuating" weight. It is that week, so I don't know.

I've still got residual effects dribbling down through the pipelines from dealing with my son. He's like a tornado...quick and destructive. And he blames everyone else, which he usually lets fall to me. It's so very stressful, and I'm trying so hard to maintain myself. Deep breath. In with the good air, out with the bad air. Oh, Lordy, if only it were that simple.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, congrats to your daughter for her 3 and 2 place standing in the tournaments this week end. I hope that the situation with your son resolves itself soon.
I will be gone for a week visiting friends in Barry's Bay. Neither of them are well and it may be the last time we see them. Very sad story.
The summer is over and the weather has turned cold. I will be taking my knitting with me to keep my hands busy. I hope to lose a few more pounds while I am away. I will let you know when I get back how I did, good or bad.

Last edited by libby135; 09-13-2015 at 02:27 PM.