Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation 8/31-9/6  Don't Abandon Ship! >

Motivation 8/31-9/6 Don't Abandon Ship!

Community
Notices

Motivation 8/31-9/6 Don't Abandon Ship!

Old 08-31-2015, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation 8/31-9/6 Don't Abandon Ship!

I hope everyone is still going to hang around! Getting community support makes things so much better for me, and I think for a lot of others as well. Let's keep the support going here.

I had a great weekend with my dh and dd at the softball tournament. Sara was catcher for every single pitch, every single inning, for FOUR games! Our day started with waking up at 3:30am and didn't end until about midnight. It was very taxing, Sara was exhausted...she'd never caught more than 1 game in a day before! If you know anything about being a catcher, you spend the entire day getting in and out of squats. Imagine doing that for 1.5hours/game for 4 games! She was a trooper and she's soon going to have legs of steel. lol

Eating wise I did really well except Sunday morning...we had a big breakfast at Denny's. I indulged. Greatly. And I had soda during the day. I think it all evened out though. I weighed this morning and I was only slightly higher, probably from sodium I bet.

How are you all doing? Let's keep going strong!!!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Holy cow, I was going to start a thread today: Don't give up! Because I need to keep saying that to myself. I decided that even if no one joined me here (though I hoped they would) I would keep trying. So thank you, thank you, thank you, Lisa, for doing this. Thank you for being here.

So glad that even with the Denny's breakfast, your weekend went well. It sounds like your DD... I was gonna say hit it out of the park but she stuck with it, stayed for four games, which I think is better. Wow. WOW.

Stick with it. A lesson for us all.

I went to a party on Saturday and overindulged which threw me off the wagon. Totally.

Sunday evening, I sat on a porch swing I forgot was broken. I put my foot on the railing and it gave the swing momentum. It flipped over and I landed hard on my head and neck. Yesterday I went to a neurologist who said my CT scan is clear but my C spine shows degenerative disc issues which might have been exacerbated by the fall. This after two and a half weeks of daily back pain.

A close family member is in distress so I sent DH, who didn't want to go because he didn't want to leave me. I encouraged him to go and then did nothing but eat and watch tv the entire afternoon into night.

This morning I woke up, my neck and head feel better and even if it is only for now, I'll take it. I gained back all the weight I lost and then some.

I get these daily quotes and e mails from a writer, Gretchen Rubin, and one of them was “September is the new January.” It is the time many people go back to school and work. A new start.

We can look at something as the end (in this case of summer vacation) or as a new beginning ( maybe a chance to learn something, do something new or in a new way.)

My mottoes for September:
Moment to moment
Avoid full catastrophe living whenever possible
Don’t give up

As we used to say on this thread, I hope the wagon slows for me, because I am ready to jump back on. OK, maybe in my case climb up slowly...carefully...

Last edited by canary52; 09-01-2015 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

My plan for 9/1/15

6 glasses of water
lemon water a.m.
1 egg, 1 egg white with leftover greens
a peach
salad with tuna or chicken
grilled salmon and veg
nuts and apple or rice cake and almond butter
hummus and carrot sticks

write
meditate
stretch as much as I can
practice language
stay positive
Old 09-01-2015, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

The day I have been dreading finally happened. I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 201.7. I weigh over 200 pounds. How did this happen?
My body can't carry all this weight and my feet hurt. It's evening and it will be nothing but water till bed time.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:02 PM
FitDay Member

You'll get back on track, Libby. Don't give up.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:37 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, don't beat yourself up. I understand and know fully how you feel hitting a new century number. It's a hard pill to swallow. The good news is that you know what you need to do to change this. We are here to support you. Turn this into a motivational moment and turn it around.

Hope, I really like what the author said about September being the new January. This is a new beginning and I'm ready for a good and positive change within myself. I'm sooo sorry you're having so much pain with your neck and back. Take care of yourself. So, you drowned your sorrows in a bunch of calories...tomorrow is a new day. You've made a terrific plan for Wednesday, now you just need to follow it.

As for me...it's been a bad day. Part of the problem is that our cupboards have been bare for quite a few days. There was nothing for the kids to eat after school so we went through the drive thru. I've been drinking soda. I finally went to the grocery store and got some good things mixed with bad, and I over indulged in the salt & vinegar chips. I had a candy bar. Oh, Lord, I wish I hadn't, but I gave in to a moment of weakness. It was super satisfying...momentarily. Then the dread and depression kicked in.

For dinner, though, I had leftover cabbage, potato, onion, kielbasa, cheese soup. It's heavenly delicious, very filling, and you can eat a lot of it for a very reasonable amount of calories. That's the one thing I did today that I feel good about.

Tomorrow I need to buckle down, drink an atkins with milk (or two) and watch the temptations. We are having either pork tenderloin or chicken tomorrow. I'm leaning toward the pork with potatoes, carrots and onions. I have a recipe for a new marinade/cooking sauce and it's a crock pot recipe. That means I have to get it prepped and ready to go by about 3:00. I plan on cutting the tenderloin into medallions, so they won't take as long to cook as if it were one big piece. At least I don't think it will.

Thank you all for being here and lending your support. I appreciate you.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the support. Last night was the first in a while that I wasn't snacking on junk in the evening. It felt good to be back in control and not eating mindlessly. I also watched my portion size at supper time and was happy with my better choices of food. That was a win for day one back on track. Let's see what Friday brings for weigh in. I hope that we all do well this week.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, thank you for the support but that was yesterday's plan and I didn't quite stick to all of it. Actually I got hungry and added crackers and chips. Still lost a pound so I'll take it.

Am really in the mood for smoked salmon on an English muffin but might try for something less salty and caloric.

As you told Lizzy, don't beat yourself up for choices, you can always make new ones. I like that quote about September but really every day is a new start. Maybe every moment.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Day 2 went well as far as diet goes but still no exercise as my feet still hurt.
It's only one more day till weigh in so I am going to make the best of it.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, I hope your feet feel better.

I think I should go back to meal planning. That party on Saturday really threw me off. Plus DD is coming for the weekend so that always mean more food...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.