Motivation 8/31-9/6 Don't Abandon Ship!

Community
Notices

Motivation 8/31-9/6 Don't Abandon Ship!

Old 09-04-2015, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Plan for 9/4/15
lemon water - check
one egg, one egg white with spinach, shiitake mushrooms, scallions and goat cheese - check
Lunch
tuna or veggie burger
Dinner
Roast chicken, broccoli, maybe Asian sweet potato
Snacks
fruit
yogurt with sunflower seeds and raisins
hummus, carrots, rice crackers
1/2 paleo lemon tart
Old 09-04-2015, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, water, YES. Exercise is a good motivator. I miss exercise. I am starting slowly with very short walks.

Annette, I hope you feel better. I really related to your soup incident. 1) I love soup 2) I hate when I want something and it is not there or I have to toss it.

I am finally starting to los back some of the weight I lost before I went to my friends' party and ate out of discomfort and restlessness.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

I used the food tracker today and was surprised at how fast the calories add up.
It's no wonder I was gaining weight before. I will get to exercising when I can walk without pain. We do what we can.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
I used the food tracker today and was surprised at how fast the calories add up.
It's no wonder I was gaining weight before. I will get to exercising when I can walk without pain. We do what we can.
They do add up, don't they? Like crazy.
I have health issues but I stretch every day and walk when I am able. You are right, Libby, we do what we can.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all!!! Glad to still see some familiar faces around here! Unfortunately, I'm at my highest weight ever....and physically at my lowest! I need to check back in here for accountability and get myself back on track! I've been dealing with a foot injury (Libby, I think you and I have a lot in common these days!!) I'm in physio now and hoping to be back on my feet soon! Thanks for poking me Lisa and encouraging me to chime in again! I appreciate the poke and your friendship! I see Hope is back too Glad to see you posting!

Looking forward to catching up with you all....and shedding some pounds again with you all!
Old 09-06-2015, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie! Welcome back!!! I think we can all help each other, yes?

Slipped up last night with popcorn and candy at the movies. What is it about going out to the movies that triggers the must snack response?

Plus DD is here and she is talking sushi - also hard for me to resist and a sodium nightmare.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, welcome back! You've been missed. Sorry to hear you have a foot injury...I hope it heals quickly.

Hope, I can't go to the movies without snacking either. It's just not the same experience for me. I must have popcorn with tons of fake horrible-for-you butter, AND chocolate AND a big soda! Fortunately I rarely go to the movies. lol. I hope you had fun at the movies!

Libby,
yes, we do what we can. Tracking is such an important tool for staying on track. As big of a pain in the butt it is, it is very helpful in keeping things in line.

Sorry I've been absent! Sara was borrowed by another team this weekend for a softball tournament. She did very well as catcher, but her hitting is in a slump. She usually hits with a lot of power, line drives past the infield and such, but lately she's been hitting infield grounders. It doesn't help that when the other girls are having batting practice, she's still catching and doesn't get a lot of practice in for herself. We're going to have to figure something out. It was sooooo hot! All day Saturday and a game this morning. This morning even at 8am it was freaking hot. I wasn't enjoying it that much. There is another tournament next weekend with her own team. I'm praying that the heat breaks a little. Again, I will probably be scarce. By the time we get home I'm exhausted and go to bed.