Notices

Motivation 8/31-9/6 Don't Abandon Ship!

Old 09-02-2015, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, I hope your feet feel better soon. Great going for your first couple days, even with no exercise. Hope weigh in day is good to you.

Hope,
sorry I got your plans confused. I thought salmon was good for you (?) I don't eat it so I don't really know. If you made it, just try having a smaller portion, maybe?

Today was only partly good. I didn't eat anything all day, which is not the best idea. After Sara's softball tournament we had promised to take her for frozen yogurt. Today was the day. Of course I couldn't resist, and had too much frozen yogurt with too much crushed Butterfinger and also some delicious little cheesecake bits. That was my really bad part. Although, the crushed candy bar was no where near the size of a regular candy bar...maybe 2 or 3 bites. and the cheesecake bits were no where near the size of a slice of cheesecake...maybe 4 or so full size bites. so I guess it could have been a lot worse. still not good. I'm not going to lie to myself.

Dinner was really good though. I cooked a pork tenderloin in the crock pot and made a delicious sauce that I'd never tried before. It had honey, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, curry powder, s&p, dijon mustard and a little ketchup. It was super delicious. I made potatoes and carrots to go with it. It was mandatory portion control as I should have made 2 tenderloins. There was only enough for everyone to have 2 little (and I mean little) medallions. I'm guessing each of us got 3 or 4 oz of pork, so it was ok. it was super good though.

After dinner I had a little granola bar for dessert. I had a little soda today, but mostly diet soda. No exercise yet. I'm still waiting to be able to get a DVD player.

Jeff got a temp electrician job that will last about a month. he starts tomorrow. it's good in the sense that we will just barely be getting by, but we still don't know where gas money is going to come from. And we'll lose out on the state medical and food assistance that we just got qualified for. It's a little frustrating that he wants to work, can't find work, and the work he does get can't even get us through AND we lose assistance so that we could have made it through. my rant is done.

ok, I'm off here for the night. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!!!
Old 09-02-2015, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

My eating has been so bad, but on the bright side, lots of exercise.

To explain, or rather tell the whole story:

I went daytripping on Saturday. Let's see, the event was investiture. We have a new prince and princess in our kingdom. All this took place come high winds and rain, which we had plenty of. I took this all in stride and planned to hang around for the late night luau, but a phone call home told me it was better to retreat.

Home was a mess.

The wind had put out the power to nearly a half million homes, mine among them. Okay, so a power outage is no big deal, but my house was privileged to be the only one on the block that had the power lines ripped right off the side of the house. $700 to an electrician before my power could be hooked up again. My neighbour didn't fare so well. Her house needs some TLC after meeting up with that tree.

Okay, so day 1 of my adventure found me parking out on the main road, walking down a side street, through a field to my backyard, up the back stairs and serving sandwiches for dinner.

Day 2 had me traipsing through the same field in the rain, multiple times. With my camp stove for cooking I managed to serve a combination of pork chops and burgers with homemade soup.

Day 3 with no let up from the rain. With all the trips across the field and back I am soaked through repeatedly. Dinner was pancakes and bacon.

Day 4 I spend more time away from home that at home. The power company is clearing the road so my neighbours can get electricity back and I can get in an electrician. I can get in the driveway, so my late night treks in the field are over. Dinner was chicken patties and potato wedges. I toss the leftovers and everything else in the fridge.

Day 5 and the constant dampness has caught up. I have a cold. I also have power. No phone till Sunday. My freezer is empty. Does this fix my bad food habits? Not yet. I had bacon and pasta for dinner for my first meal using my stove.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:12 PM
FitDay Member

Food plan for 9/3/15

lemon water
Breakfast
oatmeal with coconut banana and blueberries
Lunch:
one chicken thigh with salad
Dinner:
fish or turkey burger and veg
Snacks:
goat yogurt with sunflower seeds and raisins
hummus and carrots
5 figs and 12-15 nuts
Old 09-02-2015, 11:18 PM
FitDay Member

You guys sound like you have been facing some real challenges. I think it's been that kind of week.

Lisa, no prob about confusion, no big. Yes salmon is good for you. Did I sound like I was saying it isn't? I love salmon, I eat it a lot. Your pork recipe sounds amazing. I've gotta try that sauce, sounds like it'd be good on chicken too. Good idea with portion control.
That sucks BIGTIME about losing the assistance. What a Catch 22. I hope your DH finds work.

Annette what a mess. And I am sorry to hear you have a cold. I hope everything is restored to normal really soon, including you. I think that just the fact that you're being mindful of your habits will help you. When stress hits, and natural disaster, it's had to keep things together, never mind being the best in our habits. But it sounds like you really want to make changes and I'm sure you will.

Last edited by canary52; 09-02-2015 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

BTW, Libby, the situation with your feet reminds me of my knees, lower back, neck, and high blood pressure, all of which benefit from me being at a lower weight. Maybe I will put up a sign: KNEES, LOWER BACK, etc. so that when I am tempted to late-afternoon-binge-eat, I remember.

I do hope your feet feel better.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:46 AM
FitDay Member

I probably shouldn't be on the computer because we are having a heck of a thunder storm with heavy rain and high winds. I am so glad I didn't have to go any where today. For supper I am cooking fish, rice and broccoli as long as the power stays on. Other wise it will be peanut butter and banana sandwiches. These bad storms seem to be occuring more often lately. The rain took the oppressive heat out of the air so maybe the heat wave is over.
Today is going well as long as I can stay in control after supper. Tomorrow is weigh day.

Hope, good to know that the pain will go away when I lose the weight.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:31 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, what did it turn out to be? fish or p.b.? hope weigh day is good to you.

Hope, no you didn't make it sound like it isn't good for you really, I was just surprised that it has a lot of sodium. I'm a non fish eater, so I don't know too much about fish. I would think that sea fish would have more sodium. Isn't salmon fresh water? It doesn't really matter since I'm not going to eat it anyway, lol. Just curious.

Today was a bad food day for me. I made cookies. they were the toll house refrigerated cookie dough, pop in the oven kind. they are very small and thin, so a lot of them go down easily and quickly. I had a soda. I had 2 mini Reese's p.b. cups (1 bite each). I had an apple danish. I know! Holy cow, I need a beat down for all this!

Dinner was very good though. i cut 3 chicken breasts into small bite sized pieces and added a sauce of 1/2 c each dijon mustard and honey, seasoned with salt and pepper. The chicken let off some water while cooking in the pan so I made a cornstarch slurry to thicken it up. 3 breasts between 6 people means that no one got very much. Man, was it delicious!!!! I made Brussels sprouts in a butter sauce to go with it (Pre-packaged, frozen, just heat in the microwave kind). Sara said it looked like a "diet dinner". I guess it really was a diet dinner...healthy and small portions. But I told her, "no, this is a "we can't afford more food" dinner." lol That's not entirely true. I was just out of chicken so that's all I had on hand.

Guess what!!! I finally got one! I got a DVD player! The salesperson was nice enough to refrain from telling me that I also needed to purchase an HDMI cable, so now I get to go back to the store again tomorrow to get one before I ca hook it up. Now I can do my exercise videos in the living room on the regular tv. Excited about that! Maybe all the hard work I do exercising will be a motivator to not eat junk food and make all the hard work go to waste. I hope I can get started and keep it up.

Good night all! Hope all of you have a good day tomorrow!!!
Old 09-04-2015, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

The power stayed on so we had salmon fillets, Uncle Ben's rice, fried mushrooms and broccoli. I don't know what the calorie count was but that was practically all I ate all day. I am drinking water again and that helps to flush the pounds away. One of these days I will start exercising again. I find that when I exercise I am better with my diet as well because I don't want to undo the hard work I put into exercising. I like aqua fit because it is easy on
my knees and feet. I hope to get back to it this fall. We can do this.

Weigh in was good. I am so happy to be back in Onederland and hope to be in the eighties by Oct.
We can do this.

Last edited by libby135; 09-04-2015 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

I just want soup, but I had to toss it all. I still have to clean out the deep freezer before I plug it in and start restocking.

Of course I still don't feel much like doing anything with a stuffy nose and headache. Hopefully this will clear up by day end.

Libby, I'm glad your power stayed on. Yum, salmon.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Libby, what did it turn out to be? fish or p.b.? hope weigh day is good to you.

Hope, no you didn't make it sound like it isn't good for you really, I was just surprised that it has a lot of sodium. I'm a non fish eater, so I don't know too much about fish. I would think that sea fish would have more sodium. Isn't salmon fresh water? It doesn't really matter since I'm not going to eat it anyway, lol. Just curious.

Smoked salmon (lox) has a lot of sodium. Regular salmon doesn't unless you put something salty ( like soy) on it. I love salmon. If you ate it the way my DH cooks it, you might like it. Sooooo good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.