Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation 8/24-8/30 Let's have a strong week! >

Motivation 8/24-8/30 Let's have a strong week!

Community
Notices

Motivation 8/24-8/30 Let's have a strong week!

Old 08-27-2015, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, so proud of you. You took a "good turn." It just shows that you can do it. Sometimes it's a matter of being mindful, sometimes it's a matter of having a good distraction ( daughter in car.) Or both. Glad it worked for you.

Salads can be great tho I have to work on making the ones I have at home more exciting.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I don't think the ladies understood the meaning of "white elephant".

When there is an "elephant in the room" it is that thing that occupies the mind of the people in the room, yet we don't want to talk about it. That ugly bowl from Aunt Lily May, or the dress up doll your grandma gives you after you stop playing with dolls, or the newborn size sailor outfit your sister-in-law sends for your 9 lb at birth baby. I had big babies, so you wouldn't believe how many times I squished them into an outfit, snapped a photo and gave away the outfit.
A white elephant gift exchange is where you wrap up these unwanted gifts and try to trade them away.

I did that. I got rid of an ornament that has been tucked in behind my cable box for years. Beautiful ornament, but I'm just not that type of person.
I didn't see any of those type of items at the exchange. Instead, people went out and bought things.

I would have been happy to end up with a different ornament to set behind my cable box, but instead I ended up with a body lotion with shea butter. The lady next to me tried to trade a bag of toasted almonds for the skin cream. Sounds like a good trade to some, except the almonds, if opened, can put me into anaphylactic shock whereas the shea butter will only give me a burning skin rash.

One woman shared her son's experience with the game and it was funny. Not so with sixteen ladies.

Enough of that. Time for confession.

I didn't get the salmon and rice for dinner last night. I still had rice, but it was in the form of one of those frozen dinners with chicken and some sort of sauce. Hot!

Note to self: Don't have bean soup on a night when you are going out with church ladies.

Today's meals:
Breakfast is still up in the air. I might just have an egg on wheat toast.
Lunch, more soup. I'll be eating that for days.
Dinner, I still have the salmon in the freezer. I will match it with rice and vegetables.

Again, not planning exercise, but I do have to pack for camping in the rain this weekend. I'll load up my van this afternoon. I better check and see what time the campground opens for arrival.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

I'm off to meet my hubbie for dinner and a date night--going to a local jazz concert. We're meeting by the river and weather's so nice, I'm planning to take a walk along the riverbank while I wait! Meal choice will probably be fajitas or maybe something grilled. Catch y'all later! Vicki
Old 08-27-2015, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, I love how you explained the white elephant exchange and also how you described your choice of shea butter rash over almond anaphylactic shock. You crack me up. I had a traumatic ornament exchange in which some of the participants were really insensitive; my ornament was cruelly unwanted and sadly I acted as if it were my child and someone had insulted her.

Vicki, welcome!!! Enjoy date night. DH and I are overdue for one. Jazz concert/river/fajitas sounds like a good plan to me! Beats helping stressed out student pack for college, I'm going to say. The hair product issue alone is enough to cause brain pain.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Annette, lol you cracked me up with the whole white elephant thing. and the bean soup when going out with the church ladies. As far as opting for a frozen dinner instead of the salmon...one frozen dinner is not going to derail any progress. Just brush of your knees and get back at it tomorrow.

Mike, sorry to hear you are so stressed, and I hope it doesn't lead to a lot of stress eating for you. Keep coming in here for the support and encouragement. We all know you can do it. As for the stress, deep breath in with the good air, out with the bad air. I know...if only it were that simple. But actually, deep mindful breathing can help. Just not me. lol I rely on anxiety pills.

Vicki, enjoy your night out with hubby!!!!

Hope, I hope you are doing well!

Well, I ended up going over my calories so far today because I couldn't stay away from the soda. And when put in the actual name brands for my deli meat in my salad, it came out to a few more calories than I had planned. If I don't eat the bowl of oatmeal tonight I'll be under. So it's still kinda up in the air. Either way, I'm really close to my goal, and I'm going to call it a "mostly win".
Old 08-28-2015, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

I'm super discouraged. I weighed myself early this morning, and I haven't lost any weight in the past week and a half, even with my calorie counting and trying to be so careful. In fact, in the past 3 weeks I've actually gained a lb.
So what did I do? Starving me had a ham sandwich at 2:30a.m.!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, could be the salt in the ham; don't be discouraged. You are funny about the breathing rotfl.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Last night we attended a great jazz concert with all local musicians--the flautist is a nurse by day and musician by night, one of the drummers, a guitarist and a pianist have all toured with folks like B.B. King and other greats in their early careers. The lead musician is a hospital administrator by day and band leader by night. The other drummer is also a podiatrist. All were impacted by Hurricane Katrina in some way and have used their music to help themselves and others heal.

The meal turned out to be grilled salmon, sauteed Granny Smith apples with chili powder and grilled squash for me and grilled pork chops with country potatoes for hubby. I never thought Granny Smith apples, lightly sauteed and sprinkled with chili powder could taste so great and pair so beautifully with salmon and squash!

I managed to fit in a visit to the new library AND a short walk while waiting for hubby! After the concert we even went for a walk together before the drive home since the weather was so mild. While on our walk, we also got to enjoy the echos of music from other downtown venues--a piano bar, country and classic rock!

Now the time has come for laundry and mopping! Vicki
Old 08-28-2015, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

1) lemon water in the a.m. (filling) - yes, yes,yes, yes, no
2) don't wait too long to eat (makes me eat more) - ummmm, ummmm, yes, yes
3) no sugar - yes, yes, yes, yes
4) no dairy (other than goat's milk yogurt) -yes, yes no yes
5) no tomatoes (allergic) -yes, yes, yes, yes
6) stretch - yes a lot, yes,yes, yes
7) meditate - during acupuncture, yes, yes, yes
8) 6 glasses of water (surely I can do that to start) -yes no, no yes, yes
Old 08-28-2015, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Brought DD back to college, up at 6. Didn't plan but my day so far:
No lemon water am
3/4 rice cake with almond butter ( too tired to eat)
raw cashews midmorning (starving)
Greek salad with grilled chicken
a peach
Plan:
trout almondine with a small Asian sweet potato or possibly kale in garlic and oil
watermelon

Tomorrow will be "the wild card" because I am going to a party with foodie friends and you bet I'm having a glass of wine. Yes ma'am ( and sir.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.