Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation 8/24-8/30 Let's have a strong week! >

Motivation 8/24-8/30 Let's have a strong week!

Community
Notices

Motivation 8/24-8/30 Let's have a strong week!

Old 08-26-2015, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, your menu looks yummy. What is a white elephant thing?
Old 08-26-2015, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Plan for 8/26:
Hot water and lemon yes
Breakfast
veg omelette yes
Lunch
Chicken and carrots or salad yes
Dinner
Fish and Zucchini pesto or a vegetarian meal- coconut shrimp, brussel sprouts and string beans roasted with garlic
Snacks:
apple and almond butter - chicken broth
hb egg - watermelon, peaches
hummus and red peppers and rice crackers -hummus and rice crackers
mozzarella balls in garlic oil with peppers
Old 08-26-2015, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

1) lemon water in the a.m. (filling) - yes, yes,yes
2) don't wait too long to eat (makes me eat more) - ummmm, ummmm, yes
3) no sugar - yes, yes, yes
4) no dairy (other than goat's milk yogurt) -yes, yes no
5) no tomatoes (allergic) -yes, yes, yes (I ate some sugar free mayo on a bunless burger)
6) stretch - yes a lot, yes,yes
7) meditate - during acupuncture, yes, yes
8) 6 glasses of water (surely I can do that to start) -yes no, no

Last edited by canary52; 08-27-2015 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:50 PM
FitDay Member

hi everyone! looks like we've got quite a few joining the party this week. yea!

Mike, nice to see you!

Annette, it's always a good sign when you like looking at parts of your body. I know you say your exercise isn't ideal, but woman you are ALWAYS on the go with yard work, animals, all that stuff. Those things are hard, physical work. Parking further from entrances is a good idea too.

Hope, it looks like you are doing very well! You didn't eat exactly according to plan, but what you did eat seemed to be just as good a choice. great job!

Lily, I completely hear you on the emotional eating aspect. I do plenty of that myself. It's never too late to start making good changes for your health.

Vicki, good for you for trying something new! I can't do fish at all, unless it's canned tuna. It may be just ok for you this time, but maybe you'll find some great new recipes to try with it (check out Pinterest!).

I had an up and down day. I did not eat breakfast. I was too tired. When I dropped the kids off I just wanted to go straight back to bed. I didn't do so well when I had 2 cheeseburgers and 1/2 a soda from McD's this afternoon. The calories though probably evened out over lunch and breakfast. Not a good choice nutritionally though. For dinner I made an AMAZING recipe I found on Pinterest. Hawaiian Chicken. I know it wasn't the lowest calorie dinner, but I had just 1 cup, a scoop of rice and that was it. We agreed that it tasted like something you would get from Panda Express but better. Every family member absolutely loved it, which makes taking the time to cook much easier. Anyways, I don't know if I'll have anything else to eat or not tonight. My refrigerator oats I made the other day were too liquidy, and I haven't been eating them so I tried to thicken it up with a little more oats and another Tablespoon of chia seeds. Maybe I'll check to see how that's doing a little later if I get hungry again.

So glad to see it busier in here! I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

UPDATE: I just calculated my Hawaiian Chicken with rice dinner and it came in at a very do-able 855 calories. I was pleasantly surprised! That was 1 cup of Hawaiian chicken with somewhere around a cup (maybe a little less) of white rice. It was super filling, and I'm still (several hours later) feeling satisfied. Next time I'll make it with some steamed broccoli and have a little less rice, maybe get it to 750-800 calories. I'm pretty happy with this!

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 08-26-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:15 PM
FitDay Member

I'm getting back into logging. I tend to do better when I see the numbers. I made a plan for 8/27:

Breakfast: 3/4 c apple cinnamon chia seeds refrigerator oats
Lunch: Atkins dark chocolate royale shake with 1 cup 1% milk
Dinner: 2 cups creamy potato/cabbage/kielbasa/cheese soup
Late night: (If I get hungry again) 1/2 c quick oats with stevia, cinnamon, brown sugar, raisins, craisins made with 1 cup 1% milk

Total calories: 1669 (1700 target)

I have to really try to stay away from the sugared soda. I know...I need more vegetables and fruit in my life. someday I'll get there.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, good to see you! I was getting nervous all my posts scared people away! The Hawaiian chicken sounds yummy. They say one half cup of rice is a serving (they being Weight Watchers but also in the package.) I think with broccoli or some veg, as you suggest, it would be very doable. I eat McD's very occasionally but I guess I am lucky that the ones around here serve the food practically cold. So I try to keep in mind how bad it was last time, how it never lives up to my expectations. I don't know if that would help you. But for example, we are taking our daughter to either a higher end pizza place or local cafe for dinner before she goes back to school and I am trying to hypnotize myself: think salad, think salad, think salad...
Old 08-27-2015, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Plan for 8/27
Lemon water
Breakfast
Oatmeal with blueberries banana and coconut
Lunch
chicken with carrots and hummus and rice crackers
Snacks
farm fresh peaches yum
12-15 nuts
goat yogurt with coffee flavoring and stevia
Dinner
Think salad, think salad, think salad, so steak or chicken over greens with veg
Old 08-27-2015, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

MAJOR VICTORY!!!! I reeeeeaaaaaally wanted a sausage egg mcmuffin this morning. And with that usually comes a hash brown and a large coke. I spent at least a half hour before getting in the car to take Sara to school that I didn't need it. Then I thought, well what if I juuuust get the sandwich, then that would be ok. Then I thought, but you don't have enough calories budgeted for that. Anyways, I debated with myself for a long time, and it was seriously stressing me out. Then when I was on my way home from dropping Sara off, I took the turn to go home! I realized that when I actually got in the car with her, we were talking and stuff and I didn't even think about it. I'm soooo happy!!!!!

Hope, salads can be super super yummy. In fact, I changed my plan after I posted last night to having a salad with ham, turkey, garbanzos, parmesan, and sunflower seeds, with a realistic amount of dressing (for me), and it comes out to less calories than the original dinner I had planned. So, just remember that salads don't have to be blah. As far as McD's goes, all of them near us always serve the fries tepid with very little salt and it's like eating cardboard. So I very rarely get those anymore. Once in a while, but then that just goes to remind myself how icky they are. But all the other food is (usually) served hot and I love it, and it's very hard for me to turn away.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back. The first day I did good. The past couple days... not so much.

I have too much going on and I think my stress level is on overload. I'm going to try to have positive thoughts and I hope I don't "stress eat" myself into a coma.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, hang around no matter how you do. And you can call or text me if you want to vent. Taking DD to school tomorrow and today is a crunch but I can still find time if you need it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.