Notices

Motivation 8/24-8/30 Let's have a strong week!

Old 08-25-2015, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
lemon water
Breakfast:
oatmeal
Lunch:
hardboiled eggs, tuna, and salad
Dinner:
Chicken and veg or salad
Snacks:
hummus, carrot sticks, rice crackers
yogurt
nuts
figs

Last edited by canary52; 08-25-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

I'm barely in. I have a ton of excuses as to why I've been slacking but you know what excuses are like!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry for going silent. I got my scale working and it registered the worst possible weight.
Err

That means all my work of last year is gone.
Last night as I sat at my computer and looked around my livingroom, I saw the reason. I am bored when I stay at home. Especially in the evenings. I eat.

So, what am I going to do about it?
  1. Plan my meals
  2. Fish twice a week
  3. Legumes daily
  4. Every time I feel like snacking, have a glass of water first
  5. Exercise daily

Tuesday is horseback riding day, so exercise is a given. I need to meal plan today and go shopping in the morning.

I will be leaving for my mother's on Sept 9th. Taking her to hospital on Sept 11th. Not for surgery but for appointment. The highways are open.

Before that time I have a lot of prepwork to get done. Frozen dinners for family, notices for church activities, car repairs and make sure I have enough meds for at least two months away.

I won't be standing on a scale for the whole time I am gone, so I will take my measurements before I leave.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

only 2 bottles of water down so far. Not doing too good. No fruits or veggies. Just junk food. It's been a hectic day, I was able to close on my home today (new construction). So that's one less thing on my plate and maybe I can redirect my focus and get my act together.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Plan:
lemon water yes
Breakfast:
oatmeal -yes
Lunch:
hardboiled eggs, tuna, and salad - yes but instead of tuna one egg, grilled shrimp and saladDinner:
Chicken and veg or salad -yes
Snacks:
hummus, carrot sticks, rice crackers -yes
yogurt - no,whitefish salad instead, my one cheat
nuts -yes
figs - yes
Old 08-25-2015, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome back, Annette!!! Good goals. You've got a lot going on. Sometimes when you've got a lot on your plate, you put a lot on your plate. Conversely, we also eat from boredom. It's a balance. Hopefully being back here will help. It's helping me already in that I am starting to be aware cause I know I will be sharing my results with you guys.

Thank you for sharing, Lily. Yes there is certainly an emotional component to overeating. I like how you say you have to release many pounds of your emotions. Well put. Even though it is good advice to start young, starting any time is good.

Mike: as for you, slacker, we'll give you a pass on this one. This one. For now. Or else when DH and I come back to NOLA, we'll be eating salads. Seriously, planning has helped me. I know you're super busy but even just a ball park plan. Bring carrot stix and an apple. Or don't they have that there lol? Go to Rousses or Fresh. You can do this. As for water, that reminds me...I have like four glasses to chug to fulfill my goal for today...

Last edited by canary52; 08-25-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Tonight I tried something different--fresh salmon. I grew up on the canned version as a child and I detested it. But the fresh version wasn't too bad. Not my favorite thing, but not bad at all. Vicki
Old 08-25-2015, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Plan for tomorrow:
Hot water and lemon
Breakfast
veg omelette
Lunch
Chicken and carrots or salad
Dinner
Fish and Zucchini pesto or a vegetarian meal
Snacks:
apple and almond butter
hb egg
hummus and red peppers and rice crackers
Old 08-25-2015, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Tonight I tried something different--fresh salmon. I grew up on the canned version as a child and I detested it. But the fresh version wasn't too bad. Not my favorite thing, but not bad at all. Vicki
Salmon can be fabulous, on the grill, with ginger soy and roasted almonds, poached. Check out recipes online. And get freshwater, not farmed, better for you.

Last edited by canary52; 08-26-2015 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

My doctor told me to eat fish twice a week. I find salmon the most versatile in cooking. Since I am on a lower salt intake, I avoid canned anything.

Speaking of salt, my naturopath suggested that I increase the salt intake in my diet. I'm not ready for that, but it will allow me a little leeway in restaurant settings.

Which leads to another issue that I have struggled with.

My feet and legs have been consistently skinny (for an overweight woman) for a couple of weeks. Water retention is still there, but not so bad that I can't walk in the evening. I even like looking at my legs lately.

Wednesday Meal Plan
  • Breakfast
  • Multigrain waffle made from homemade flour blend
  • Topped with "no added sugar" jam and lite whipped topping
  • Lunch
  • Home made vegetable soup with legumes
  • 4 saltines
  • Dinner
  • Salmon fillet
  • Rice blend (black, red, wild)
  • Carrot, celery, onion stir fry
  • Fruit

WATER

I know my exercise plan for today is not ideal, but I have too many big things to fit in. Shopping for groceries this morning, then a trip to the feedlot for animal supplies. Once I am back home, I have major cleaning to do.

I still haven't dealt with the toys my grandkids spread all over the last time I babysat. Just from where I am sitting, I can see that most of the furniture needs moving.

Then tonight I have a birthday bash to attend. I still need to come up with a gift. It's a white elephant thing, so I am looking for something around my house.

I think I am just going to have to do lots of parking as far as I can from entrances.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.