Notices

This is it: Motivation 8/17/15

Old 08-17-2015, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default This is it: Motivation 8/17/15

I have reached a recent all time high. I have had it. Another pound and a half and I will be in a new decade, one I haven't been in for years. The insanity must stop. I've worked hard and I have to dig in (and not to food) once again. My back has made physical activity challenging but I must stop with the comfort food. It is not comforting to my joints or to my head.

My little rant.

Happy Monday, all. How are you?
Old 08-17-2015, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

People are still telling me that I look good, but I know the truth.
  • I know that there is a hot pink bra in my drawer that doesn't quite fit.
  • I know that it feels good to change out of my jeans when I get home.
  • I know that I'm still wearing my old underwear.

I have to get back on track. More vegetables. More fruit. Less Chapman's Ice Cream sandwiches. Oh, and get back to fish twice a week.

I also need to focus on exercise.

Monday exercise is informal, but I can burn a boatload of calories looking after the grandkids ages 3 and 1.

I just had an English muffin with lite cream cheese for breakfast. Plan on kale salad for lunch. I'll think about dinner when my daughter picks up the kids.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

(((megahugs))) for Hope. Don't be so hard on yourself, dear. Dealing with pain is difficult, not just physically but emotionally and psychologically as well. And you've had more than your share. Can you identify a particular time of day when you seem to feel most vulnerable?

Annette, I know what you mean about changing out of the jeans. Even though I've lost weight and the jeans are baggy, it still feels good to slip into something a bit more flexible at day's end. Sounds like you had a good start to the day.

As for me, last week allowed me to release a bit of what I gained during break. Monday to Monday, I lost 1.5 of the 3.5 I put on. I know for most folks 1.5 in a week is good/standard but for me, it's a miracle! I hardly EVER lose that much in a week. My typical loss is only 2-2.5 pounds a MONTH.

Breakfast today was a hard boiled egg (for protein), a bowl of Puffed Kamut (pfff who are we kidding, it's puffed wheat) with stevia and whole milk (can't deal with 2% or skim ). Still working on my big mug of green tea.

Have a good one, folks!
Old 08-17-2015, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, don't be too hard on yourself. I had back issues myself a while back and it completely derailed my entire plan for a very long time, so I know what you're going through with the pain. Direct your anger, frustration--whatever it is that you are experiencing--and turn it in to positive actions. I love comfort food too, and am just now getting back to my motto "all things in moderation". love yourself. we do.

Annette, May I suggest allowing yourself to accept a compliment? Yes, those things you listed may be true, but what others are saying to you is true as well. Sounds like you have a plan of attack...go get 'em!

Epixi, Congratulations on the 1.5 lbs gone! don't compare your norm to others' norms. you just know that you accomplished something HUGE for yourself!

I had a so-so day. Started off pretty rocky...a doughnut and a piece of pizza. dinner was better. I made rice a roni (chicken flavor) with chicken breast, a little cheese and broccoli all mixed together. Although I didn't measure it, I had a very reasonable serving size. Trust me, I could have eaten 2 or 3 times that much! But, now I'm having some soda. boo! I may not be doing things perfectly just yet, but I'm getting back into the groove on eating moderate portions and not grazing all day long.

I've mostly done away with snacks (at least regularly), particularly at night. I try to ask myself why I feel like eating. usually I'm not truly hungry. sometimes I am, and that's when I need to fall back on things like my atkins shakes w/ milk or a bowl of oatmeal.

I'm planning on getting a DVD player so I can get back to exercising with my workout videos. I had been watching them on my 'puter but it's dying a slow and painful death and turns off whenever it feels like it. stopping and starting would be very frustrating! so I have to wait just a little bit longer to buy a DVD player so I can do it down in the living room.

Well, I'm outta here for the night. hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!!!
Old 08-18-2015, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you SO MUCH for your support. How generous and supportive you are. It means so much to me.

So yet another day I wake up in pain. Friday at least the morning was pretty good. But I called the doctor again this morning and remained calm and will reach out to my acupuncturist again or maybe try a different one.

Epi, to answer you: late afternoons and evenings have been my worst times because the pain builds then or has worn out my resistance. I've just been soooooo hungry.

Annette, as a writer, I related to your specific details (bra, jeans, etc.) But you are moving in a good direction just having an idea, a roadmap of where you want to go.

Epi 1.5 lbs is awesome. I lost .6 and I'm happy lol. Moving in the right direction.

Lisa, asking yourself why you're eating, good idea. Plus any changes, eating less than you could have, thinking of meals, are good.

Both my ancient computer and ancient laptop seem to be having some psychotic breaks. My husband sells pcs but I might have to "cheat" on him and get an Apple lol. I am saving up. Plus my laptop is so heavy I put it in a rolling suitcase. Every time I go into a library to work, someone says, "Are you moving in?" "Maybe," I say, "do they have snacks?" Sadly they don't. Food on my mind.... maybe to distract from pain?

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 08-18-2015, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
[...]
Both my ancient computer and ancient laptop seem to be having some psychotic breaks. My husband sells pcs but I might have to "cheat" on him and get an Apple lol. I am saving up. Plus my laptop is so heavy I put it in a rolling suitcase. Every time I go into a library to work, someone says, "Are you moving in?" "Maybe," I say, "do they have snacks?"
[...]
See? That bit right there made me chuckling aloud (seriously!) and that's what has me convinced that you did, indeed, kill it in your stand up set the other night. I have faith in Hope .

Lisa, I'm so with you on the moderate portions. I think that's so important! I don't think perfection is possible (and it durn sure isn't very fun!), but we can all practice moderation. I'm trying to do it, too.

Hope all you fine folks had a groovy day!
Old 08-19-2015, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Epi, thank you but I wasn't trying to be funny. I am serious. I think maybe I am funniest when I don't try to be. If only I could take an audience in my car when I am talking to my DD. SHE is funny.

As for the other comment to Lisa, what is this portion control of which you speak? I was eating like a linebacker, now I am eating like the whole back line ( I know nothing about football BTW.) Maybe more like a SUMO wrestler. Are there Brooklyn born Jewish Sumo wrestlers?
Old 08-19-2015, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I hear you about eating like a linebacker or sumo. There are times of the month when I am constantly famished no matter how much I eat. I've been doing pretty good lately. My laptop is dying a slow and painful death too. I don't know what I'm going to do when it coughs for the last time.

I've been doing well with portion control and staying lower on calories; however, I'm NOT doing well on food choices. Partly because of our schedule. Last night for instance I had to leave with my daughter at 4:30 to get her to pre-game warm ups at 5:00 for a softball game that started at 6:00 and we didn't get done and out of there until 8:15. Home by 8:30....there was no way I was going to cook that late, so dh brought home McD's. I had a cheeseburger AND a spicy chicken sandwich (not terribly big, but breaded and with mayo). I had an egg sausage mcmuffin for breakfast too. (I can say though that a McD's egg sausage mcmuffin is barely any more calories than a home made one.) But, yeah, McD's twice in one day is a bad thing. I also had 3 small chicken strips when I got home from picking the kids up from school. So, you see, I probably stayed within my calorie goal (didn't log), but not the right choices on the menu. That's my biggest downfall.

uh oh. I just logged my food yesterday. My food was within my calorie goal, with some to spare even. BUT the soda I drank took me 250 calories OVER my goal. I forgot about all the soda. I didn't measure it, so I'm guessing.

I'm going to do everything I can to make better choices today. I hope everyone has a good day today.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:40 PM
FitDay Member

Where is everyone hiding today? It's late here. I was dealing with my computer today. It's about completely dead. If I try enough times I can get it to turn on and load to windows, but then within about 2 minutes I get a black screen or it freezes. I had to work for a long time in between shut downs to copy my most important things off it to a flash drive. got my pics, word docs, etc., but I'm losing all my programs like Photoshop (waaaaa!!!!) I don't have discs for it, so I'm s.o.l. (shit outa luck) on that one. I use it allll the time, so I'm really gonna feel that loss.

I had to install the printer to his computer and put it on his desk...it's the only printer in the house, and the kids need to use it all the time for school. He's not happy about everyone using his computer. I told him if he doesn't like it then he'll just have to buy me a new one. he just mumbled and grumbled after that.

bad food day. had ice cream with fudge. and onion rings. We had Culver's. Sara's softball practices, games, tournaments and fundraisers are really making meal time very difficult!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling happy.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Mornin', folks!

Hey, Lisa, failing computers are so stressful. Thank goodness you've been able to offload some of your info. It's good that you could get the printer relocated, too, even though I understand him being a bit grumpy about it. I'm sure he realizes it's out of necessity and not something you're doing on purpose to inconvenience him. After all, you're being inconvenienced, too! Even more than he is. If I were to be honest, though, I'd probably be a touch grumpy, too, if suddenly everyone started using my computer. With any luck, it'll be a very short-term thing until yours gets straightened away.

Computers. When they work, they're great but when they go rogue, they're a PITA. It's scary how much we rely on them!

Back in 2012, this very computer I'm working on right now, dropped dead. Hard drive failure. No warning, no nothing. It's an oldie (purchased in 2005 ) and I had no backups at all. I couldn't afford a new one (well, not one that would do everything I wanted) but I had to have something, so I hauled this monster in and had it repaired.

Long story short, new hard drive, updated OS, new graphics card and a tune up and it's back to mostly working ok. Mostly. Thank goodness, the tech was able to retrieve most of my files.

I now do weekly backups to an external, just to be safe. If I really wanted to be safe, I'd store the external at a remote location, like a safe deposit box. But then, I'd probably never go get it and thus wouldn't do the backups .

At 10 years old, this ol' 'puter is showing its age, of course, but thank goodness, it is still chugging along. Kind of like me, I suppose!

Oh, yeah, food (gotta talk about food, this being Fitday and all...). Yesterday I didn't make the best nutritional choices, but I still kept to moderation and kept calories in the acceptable range. Today's starting out a bit better, nutritionally. But it's still early. Loads of time to goof up.

Anyway, have a good one, folks! See ya on the flipside!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.