Notices

Motivation, Anyone? Starting 8/10/15

Old 08-10-2015, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation, Anyone? Starting 8/10/15

I am getting fluffy. Need to start again. Anyone with me?
Old 08-10-2015, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Hope!

Me too.

And as it happens, I have just updated goals.
I had a lovely trip to Europe (to meet a man I've known online for 12 years)

I came back, got sad that vacation was over and he was there and I am here and well.. dealt with discomfort in the easiest way I know how.

This last week, I have been getting my head back in the game. I want to feel good again. This is my final frontier and it will NOT defeat me!

I was reading today on mental strength. In EVERY area of my life, but this one, I am a rock. It's time to Rockify my addiction to food
Old 08-10-2015, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Go!

Let's do this Ladies! I'm ready!
Old 08-10-2015, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Smile I'm in... both feet!

Hi there - I'm rejoining Fitday after a long break. I lost about 90 pounds 12 years ago, gained back 15 and have maintained the loss except for gaining and losing the same 7 pounds for about 10 years. I never really reached my goal weight but got close enough to realize how great losing 90 pounds feels. Now I have an issue with my heart, and my cardiologist tells me that losing that last 20 pounds will likely make a huge difference in my future. Gaining weight will be deadly. That seems motivating enough, right? Yet ... I struggle every single day just to get through the day without cheating. I haven't lost an ounce since the diagnosis. I'm looking forward to losing the final 20 pounds and growing old ! lol
Starting weight (2002) - 225 lbs
Current weight (2015) - 156
Goal Weight - 135
Target loss: 21 pounds to go!
Old 08-10-2015, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in!

Hey there, Hope! Hey, Bea, glad to hear the trip went well (even though you're understandably sad that it's over). Welcome aboard, tghgrlrd! And welcome back, cargram1!

As for where I've been for the past several weeks? Well, we moved house and although it wasn't traumatic (no emotional eating or anything like that), it was disrupting to routines. Additionally, I had so many other things to keep track of, I made the conscience decision to cut myself some serious slack on nutrition and diet.

And oh, my goodness, that slack was de.li.cious!!!

But now, it's time to get back on track. I've gained 3.5 pounds (and yes, I can actually feel it, belly and thighs ) over the past month and I'm ready to nip it in the bud. I assume it's not hard-core fat; it hasn't been on my body long enough to get comfortable.

I'm not going to allow it to get comfortable.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Just headed to take out a new gym membership and reacquaint myself with the torture devi.......errr all that marvelous mechanical wizardry that will make my ASSets smaller

If I am dead tomorrow, send troops!!
Old 08-10-2015, 11:03 PM
FitDay Member

I lived!!

30 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes weights
It's a good start back. I had decided 20 minutes would be a minimum
Old 08-11-2015, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Nice work, Bea!

As for me, Day 1 of re-entry was successful. My plan is pretty much what it was before. Eat reasonable foods in reasonable amounts, keeping calories between 1350-1450 per day and using my macros as guides, not steadfast rules. No drastic restrictions, no "forbidden" foods. ANYthing is fair game as long as I don't go hog-wild. Everything must be logged/accounted for.

Did pretty well yesterday. A little under 1200 calories, but that's ok. The body probably needs a break from 3000 per day, which is what I assume I've been averaging for the past few weeks, since I didn't log.

First day back on no coffee (), and surprisingly, I didn't even miss it! Don't get me wrong, I loved, loved, loved the past few weeks of daily large coffees (at least 2 per day), but stopping cold-turkey yesterday had no effect on me, physically or emotionally. What that *may* mean is I can enjoy an occasional cuppa joe and not blow my diet. You see, it's not the caffeine that's a problem for me, it's the cream. I can't do coffee without full cream (Half and Half? Ick! No!) and 2 big coffees comes out to about 300 cream calories, or nearly 1/4 of my daily calorie budget. I'd prefer to spend those calories elsewhere.

Soooo let's see where this comes out after a week of re-entry, eh?
Old 08-11-2015, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

It's great to see you guys!

GREAT job, Bea! You killed it!

Epi, I don't blame you. It's like my friend who said of juice: I would rather eat than drink my calories.

Cargram, health is a big motivating factor. For me, I went on a very strict (too strict) "healthy" food plan that caused terrible backlash. I simply rebelled and ate whatever and gained about 8 pounds quickly. My bp goes up when I gain too much. So I have to pull it in without feeling deprived. I had been walking and then my back went out. But I am stretching every day and got acupuncture today so I am healing.

Plus I did a stand up comedy routine for the first time ever (but not the last.) It was on my bucket list for a looooong time and I did it. I didn't kill it but I didn't bomb either. And it was fun!!!!!
Old 08-11-2015, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

Stand up comedy??? Hope, that's AWESOME!!! I LOVE stand up. If your postings here on Fitday are any indication of your writing, I'd be willing to bet you DID kill it .

Have you watched any of this season's Last Comic Standing? Maybe we'll see you up there next year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.