Notices

Motivation, Anyone? Starting 8/10/15

Old 08-13-2015, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Great way to start the day, Bea! Good for you!!!
Old 08-13-2015, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Go, Bea!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2015, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

I am trying to work up the energy to mow that tufts of grass that grew due to the last sprinkle of rain. Maybe I should think about digging up septic tank access as well. And building a cover. And...

I have yard work to do.

The bonus of the road trips I will be taking is that they are smack dab in the middle of the Okanagan. In BC language that means fruit and vegetable stands. Protein is a little hard to deal with in the heat. Taking my cooler along will depend on when.

Investiture (next SCA camp) is at the end of the month. My cooler and camp stove are promised to my friends with or without me.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

Day 4 of re-entry. Doing reasonably well.

Today, I scoped out a new supermarket. It's a small, local family-owned chain. They have a gorgeous produce department (never thought I'd be the type to gush about a produce department!), as well as a huge organics/natural foods section, one of the largest range of selections I've seen in a non-organic/healthfoods store.

I picked up a few things, some good (for this evening), some naughty (for this weekend). Sadly, when I got home, I realized that the cantaloupe I'd planned to have this evening somehow didn't make it into the bag. So, I did what any typical dieter would do -- I sampled some of the naughty. I didn't go overboard and I did log it (and calories are just barely over limit for the day). I don't feel guilty because I didn't go hog-wild; it was truly just a sample, not the whole package.

Interestingly enough, the thing I feel worst about is NOT having that cantaloupe. It looked, smelled and felt really good (and it was on sale!!!) and I was totally looking forward to chomping down on it.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:10 PM
FitDay Member

Annette, you sure do a lot of hard manual labor around there! Hope you are looking forward to all those fresh fruit/veggie stands. Bet there will be tons of great stuff!

Epixi, so sad your cantaloupe didn't make the trip. Are you going to call them and let them know they forgot to put it in so you can pick up another one? Good for you for sticking to a sampling.

I'm struggling with getting back to eating the things I know worked for me in the past. Mainly my atkins shakes w/ milk and a bowl of oatmeal each day. Instead, today I ate 2 granola bars, a biscuit, a few bites of mozzarella cheese, a soda and cinnamon twists from Taco Bell. Other than the cheese, there was nothing healthy about my day, except I'm sure with as little as I ate I am under my calorie goal.

I have a hard time getting on a plan because I think about all the great tasting food I will miss out on, and I go into sad withdrawals before I even start.

The good thing I've noticed lately is that with the prices of food climbing I have not hardly been buying any junk/snack foods at the store each week. And, I haven't really been missing or craving them either. That's a plus.

Also, aunt flo came for a visit today and that always affects my appetite and how I'm feeling. This time I've not been hungry. More often I am ravenous, so I'm glad I'm not feeling that this month. Tired, bloated and cramping...but not ravenous!

Have a great day everyone! See you tomorrow!
Old 08-14-2015, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone!

I meant to go to the gym this morning! But my body rebelled and slept instead. Maybe a trip to the beach this evening

I'm riding the wave of dramatic scale drop in the beginning! It will get harder, but for this week......... 8 pounds!

(__/__)(__\__)(_/_)(_\_) <<< My shrinking ASSets
Old 08-14-2015, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

It's funny how something as small ( figuratively speaking) as a cantaloupe can derail us.

Bea, you have been doing great this week! Wow.

Pardon my short ish posts, having trouble sitting up. I went massive food shopping with DD last week and my back has been acting up since then, culminating in yesterday when I was barely being able to get out of bed. They raised the price on my pain patches too, the greed heads.

This (pain) too shall pass and I can start walking and gently going to the gym again.

I gained weight and while I may not have that much to lose (10 pounds) the pressure of added weight goes on my back and knees. Plus when I lose 10 pounds, my bp goes down 10 points. Incentive. I hope. That and you guys.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

8 lbs, Bea! Wow! What a great motivator. You're doing so well, and your ASSets will thank you

Hope
, soooo sorry to hear you're in such pain! I hope you heal quickly.

I haven't been eating much lately...at least not much healthful stuff, and not very frequently overall even with marginally nutritious stuff. I think flo is the culprit. I made roasted potatoes, carrots and onions for dinner tonight, but I only had about 3 or 4 little bites. Although suuuuper delicious I didn't want to stuff myself on potatoes. I opted instead for an Atkins shake w/ milk. It's the first one I've had in a very long time, and it is yummy! My brain knows I love them and that they are good for me to keep my calories and binging in check, but I still have a hard time making the choice to drink them regularly like I used to. Hopefully this taste will be the reminder that I need that nothing but good comes from me drinking 1 or 2 a day.

My scale is down 3 lbs. since the other day. I'm pretty sure it's the period thing, bloat going down, etc., but it also could be a little about the calories.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi-de-ho, Fitday Friends! Figured I'd pop in for a moment while waiting for the Cable Guy/Gal to arrive. If I suddenly bolt out of the room, it'll be to answer the door .

My week is still chugging along. I can't complain.

A solid WOOT WOOT to our Bea! You have been tearing it up this week!!! Did you end up going to the beach? Beach sounds lovely!

Ahhh Hope, I'm so sorry to hear about the back troubles. It stinks about the rise in meds prices, too. Incredibly unfair.

Need to give a shout out to our Lisa, too! Down 3 pounds -- NICE! Excellent work on allowing yourself a taste of potatoes without allowing them (the potatoes) to overtake you. That's key. I remember how much you enjoyed the Atkins shakes. They come in a variety of flavors, yes?

Annette, I don't know how you do all you do. You're a real powerhouse.

Whoops door.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, back... and with better internet, yippee!

Anyway, to answer your question, Lisa, I haven't gotten things straightened out at the market yet (no time). I'll probably just wait until my next shopping run.

I semi-watched a yoga program today (I never had access to yoga TV before). There was an instructor and 4 yogis of varying shapes and abilities. I must say, the instructor was charismatic and good, but his delivery didn't quite suit me. I prefer a calm, soothing, almost hypnotic instructor. He was more rah-rah, let's do this, as if he was coaching a gymnastics team. Very cheery and enthusiastic. But the biggest problem with the show is, he got the yogis into a pose and then, "we'll be right back!" BAM, commercials. Poor yogis were stuck in that pose (imagine if it was downward-facing dog!!!) for 2 minutes until the program resumed! Hahaha.

Anyway, for real life, I think I'd prefer a slower, more trance-like delivery, complete with the hypnotic music and incense. Low and slow... yes, please! *sigh* I need to get back to yoga...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.