Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
What are the things that frustrates you the most about losing weight? >

What are the things that frustrates you the most about losing weight?

Community
Notices

What are the things that frustrates you the most about losing weight?

Old 07-03-2015, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default What are the things that frustrates you the most about losing weight?

Mine is when I feel like I do everything right and the weight doesn't come off. Also when I read so much conflicting advice/information on the internet, it confuses the hell out of me. I'm sure others feel the same. Thanks guys!
Old 07-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Know your calorie limit and stay within that limit by counting the calories in the food you eat. If you can't lose weight eating fewer calories than you expend, then your doctor would be able to help you figure out why that doesn't work for you - a medical reason.

It takes time. Really.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

I seem to have reached a plateau over the past month--the weight loss has really slowed. When I looked over my food logs, I realized my intake of calories had edged up ever so slowly with an increase of carbs and fiber. I recently found out that you only need 15-18 gms of fiber per 1000 cals consumed--that makes it very difficult to get the 25 gms of fiber USDA says we need if calorie consumption is around 1200 or less per day! Then a nutritionist told me to figure out basal calorie needs for my goal weight and to make sure my calorie consumption never goes below that point--that way weight will come off slowly but steadily and I will be assured of adequate intake. She also told me that consuming too few calories can actually hinder fat loss because the body feels it is being starved and refuses to let go of the excess weight. Weight loss requires more study than some of my college courses! Vicki
Old 07-06-2015, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default reply

There are many reasons eg, motivation, dedication, healthy diet, right guidance, and more. If you are unable to weight loss then I would suggest you to hire a personal fitness trainer he/she will give you guidance, diet plan, and exercises plans to keep moving towards your health goals.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default Most frustrating thing about losing weight is...

that it doesn't happen fast enough. It's the getting started that's the hardest because I know that I wont see real results for at least two weeks. I have an issue with patience I think more than the actual cutting back on the wrong foods!