Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 15-21: Still Plugging Along >

Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 15-21: Still Plugging Along

Notices

Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 15-21: Still Plugging Along

Old 06-15-2015, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 15-21: Still Plugging Along

It's Monday again! Time for a new M&A thread. Let's make this week a good week!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (June 15-21):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1300-1400:
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses):
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400:
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g:
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 55-60g:
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 115-125g: <--- *NEW* slightly lower than past weeks, to reflect the lower calorie limit
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 85-95: <--- *NEW* slightly lower than past weeks, to reflect the lower calorie limit
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 30-40g:
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
Although I'm a daily weigher, I count Mondays as my Official Weigh Days. I'm really pleased that today, Monday, I have hit a new record low AND have touched my toe into the 27s on BMI! 27.96, I know it's not far into the 27s, but at least I touched it! Yippee!

Last edited by episode2011; 06-16-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry I missed posting over the weekend but with all the rain/wind, we've had no internet and phone service. Today it seems to be working fine. I felt really bloated this morning and the scales show a 0.9 pound weight gain--UUUGH! I don't like to gain! I want to LOSE! Went shopping this morning with a short walk included--yeah for me!

Epixi: Good for you reaching a new low! WTG!

Vicki
Old 06-15-2015, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
...I don't like to gain! I want to LOSE! ...
I hear you, Vicki! I know fluctuations are normal, but they're still so disheartening! Don't our bodies know what we're trying to do?

I fully expect an uptick tomorrow .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1300-1400: 1344
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3389
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1177
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 14
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 55-60g: 50 <--- there's a switch -- I'm under my fat allowance?
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 115-125g: 141
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 85-95: 97
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 30-40g: 37
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Finally got around to making those muffins. Started with a base of corn muffins, added in some wheat bran, flaxseed meal and protein powder and they turned out DE-LI-CIOUS! Had to stop myself from chowing down on them. Immediately wrapped (individually) and popped them into the freezer.
Hope everyone had a great day!

Last edited by episode2011; 06-16-2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Time Fly's!

Well by gosh a whole week just flew by!
First Congrats to Epi for her BMI in the 27's....just a note it doesn't matter what 27. you are chickles....you are THERE! Yayeeeeeeee!!!!

AnnetteSo I read your last post from last weeks thread and you've lost even more than I thought! Wow! Holy crapoli! Good for you!

So the dentist (cue drills) I was having some cosmetic work done in addition to the cracked molar ongoing drama...and it went so great! I was in the chair an hour and came out looking like new! So happy!

But even better I've been rotating some of those ten minute toning work outs on you tube with Jillian Michaels....yesterday was inner and outer thighs...I thought I was going to DIE before it was over...but I made it!

So my decision for today is...find her 10 minute ab work out and DON'T GIVE UP!

Anyway that's all from me...
I hope everyone else is healthy and happy!
Jenn
Old 06-16-2015, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

So, 28 called this morning. I knew she would.

"Pffft, did you think you could get rid of me that easily??? Not on your life, Epi, m'dear. I'm comin' BACK and bringin' friends! Mwahahaha!!!"

*sigh*

Oh well, t'was nice while it lasted .

So glad to know the dentist went well, Jenn! I bet you're smiling all the time! Good for you on the toning workouts, too. Thighs and abs, two areas that are so tough to work, and then when you're done, they talk to you for hours (sometimes days) afterwards!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

My one year anniversary is coming up on me fast and I am re-evaluating my progress.
  • Yes, I lost a lot of weight. Almost 30 lbs, but I have put some of that back on. Could be muscle?
  • Yes, I was eating better for a long time. Still am in a way. Much lower sodium, much lower fat, but I am not taking in the veggies like I should. For lack of a better way of expressing myself, it is just too much like work to cook for me, and a fussy husband. Besides, his gout diet is almost opposite to my heart diet. But then to argue with myself, he has his own choices to make. Coke and Pringles are not my choices for his side table.
  • I was walking, until the pain got too much to handle. I am still burning the calories with my activities, just not walking every morning. Instead I am mowing lawn (push mower), horseback riding/grooming, and staying active with weekend events. Going camping again at least twice this summer.

This week I will be making steps towards taking the pain away. Once lawn mowing is over I can go back to walking pain free.

I guess I'm still working at it.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

Jenn, did you find the ab workout? Did you do it? Are your abs yelling at you?

Annette, with all that you do, it has to be muscle. Have you talked to your doctor? What does s/he say?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1300-1400: 1344, 1348
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3389, 3389
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1177, 1216
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 14, 15
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 55-60g: 50, 51
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 115-125g: 141, 140
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 85-95: 97, 96
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 30-40g: 37, 36
    • Monday: Finally got around to making those muffins. Started with a base of corn muffins, added in some wheat bran, flaxseed meal and protein powder and they turned out DE-LI-CIOUS! Had to stop myself from chowing down on them. Immediately wrapped (individually) and popped them into the freezer.
As I said, I'm back in the 28s. Oh well. I've got 5-6 days to get back to the 27s. Wonder if I'll make it?
Old 06-16-2015, 08:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Epi...

28 can stuff it where the sun don't shine! hahaha!
Tell her to take her friends back to the cave they crawled out of!

I did find a work out I'll include my 'thoughts' on it in my daily post! hahaha

Last edited by Knittingfool65; 06-16-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:11 PM
FitDay Member

Annette
I'll tell you what my husband said last night...'Slow and Steady Wins the Race Jenn....patience and perseverance have to become your strong suit if you want this...'
So having considered his input I think he's right and I'm passing it on to you now, for your consideration.
I'll bet you if your clothes aren't tighter that it is muscle weight...muscle weighs A LOT from what I've read.
Keep plugging along...that's what I'm doing.
And frankly I'm selfish and expect you and Epi and Libby and everyone here to do the same as it's insipiring...and when you lose BMI or Pounds I smile...because it sort of feels like we all achieved it together...you know?
Hugs
Jenn
Old 06-16-2015, 08:24 PM
FitDay Member

Cool Wonky Wednesday's!

Hello
Well it's Wednesday and I'm here again...
I put on .2 pounds but then again I've actually lost 7 in total so I'm not going to moan about it....
I finished knitting up the hat for my son last night...I saw this as an accomplishment...as I've been piece knitting on it for 3 days now.

Anyway (Epi this if for you..) I found the Jillian Michaels stand up ab work out on Youtube...I can't express, in a ladylike manner, the pain I feel.. It's okay...not debilitating but it's there...I was actually yelling at the screen yesterday...'I hate you, you're mean!' and laughing at the same time like some sort of mad scientist! But I did it! I persevered!

Other than that my husband and sons are all well, the grandkids are growing like nobody's business!
I'm off to iron and clean out the fridge and then I'm going to knit up some mittens for my 2 and 4 year old grandsons -

Oh wait one more thing! Stash enhancement...I got some new knitting wool yesterday. Fingering weight from my friend Kelllee at Ethereal Fiber it's an etsy store and well their wool. well it's amazing! I'll find a way to post it here in case you're interested in seeing it.

I hope everyone is healthy and happy, and do something fun today yeah?
Hugs for all
Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.