Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 8-14: Make One Good Decision Today >

Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 8-14: Make One Good Decision Today

Community
Notices

Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 8-14: Make One Good Decision Today

Old 06-08-2015, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation & Accountability Thread, June 8-14: Make One Good Decision Today

That's all I ask. Make one good decision today, then brag about it here! That good decision could be anything, even the decision to make a post here on the forums (goodness knows, we need some traffic!).

Have a "good" meal (whatever defines "good" in your plan), that's a good decision.

Stop eating when you're comfortable (instead of stuffed), that's a good decision.

Bypass something (anything) that doesn't fit your plan, that's a good decision.

Do one extra sit-up (if exercise is part of your plan), that's a good decision.

Do A sit-up (if you want to get back to exercise but have been postponing it), that's a good decision.

Do research on something nutrition- or health-related, that's a good decision.

I'm sure you can think of many, many more. And be open to spontaneity -- opportunities for good decisions often present themselves when you least expect them!

Looking forward to reading about good decisions .
Old 06-08-2015, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

It doesn't even have to be a new or different decision. A decision that you've made 1,000 times is still a decision -- the decision to do it 1,001.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

My neighbour and I were talking about starting back to Aqua fit tomorrow night. We both need to get back to exercising.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

I learned last week that you can get TOO MUCH FIBER! I had no idea. I read that this happens usually when we eat foods that have fiber added to them--like some of the protein bars I adore!-- and that it's best to get fiber from the foods themselves rather than supplemented. Many foods are naturally high in fiber but some of them don't fit the low-carb eating plan that I try to follow. I've added raspberries into my plan as they are high in fiber--don't care about their taste exactly, but I can eat them if it helps my health!

Down to 263.5! It seems my tape measure is moving faster than the scale! Every week I'm noticing a decrease in one or more measurements. Sure am glad I kept all my smaller clothes--they're beginning to fit!

Trying a recipe for jicama slaw tonight--will post last to say how it turns out. We ate yesterday at a local restaurant and I had a salad with their house dressing which they make themselves. It's salsa with Italian dressing, a splash of vinegar and a pinch of Splenda. They were nice enough to give me the recipe!

Trying to stay cool! Vicki
Old 06-08-2015, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Libby: Do it! I wish there was an aqua aerobics near me. I used to LOVE aqua aerobics. It's one of the only exercises I truly enjoy. The others are golf ($$$ ) and yoga.

Vicki: TOO MUCH FIBER??? NOOOOOOOO!!! Say it ain't so! I hope 30-40g isn't considered too much . I need to look into that. Congrats on the scale AND non-scale victories. Double-decker sweet!

My good decision today? Stayed faithful to plan. It's not much, but every little bit helps. Oh, and started this week's M&A thread . That was a good decision, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (June 1-7):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1300-1400: 1343
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3389
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1041
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 18
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 50-60g: 57
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 125-135g: 129
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 90-100: 102
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 30-40g: 34
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
Holding steady on the plan.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:25 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations!
Old 06-08-2015, 07:40 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Gotta Move!

Special shout to Rosebella2012 who is moving her bum and the scales! Way to go Rose!!!!!!!!!!! I'm living vicariously through you at the moment!

I found out the hard way yesterday...Can't do it without moving...

Maintenance was in yesterday to find out why my hot water tank is on the blink...apparently it was the thermostat so they changed it...point is it took two men 1.5 hours to do this...and I just sat on the sofa waiting..

In the mean time, I could have gone up to the gym in my building...it's on the roof with the pool. But I didn't...I chose to knit (mind you, I did finish a mitten for my daughter in law so the time wasn't fully wasted).

Anyway the point is I can't get that 1.5 hours back and wasted a most opportune period in which I was motivated to move.
Well NOT today...I'm moving!

Moving to the YouTube 10 minute arm and bum workout and then to the abs

We're out at Villagio Mall tonight so walking is slated for then.

I must do something!!! I just have too!!!!
Hope everyone is well...healthy and happy...
Old 06-09-2015, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Talk about moving, my son was in two races on the week end. On Saturday he did a 5K run 30K bike and 2K run and came in 4th over all and second in his age catagory. On Sunday he did a 2K run 20K bike and 7K run and came in first over all. He got a silver on Saturday and a platinum and gold on Sunday.
I can't run between three telephone poles. HaHa Tonight I will find out how well I can float at Aqua fit.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

I have discovered that I can't make good decisions on Mondays. All I can do is hope this phenomenon doesn't last forever.

To explain: I have babysat my grandchildren for 5 weeks now. The first Monday I thought I wouldn't survive the 8 hours. I slept right after they left. This continued through to the fourth time when I actually fell asleep with the preschooler watching TV and the toddler sleeping. Yesterday, I was worn out, but I didn't fall asleep during or even after.

I think I am getting stronger.

Now, today I need to make a good decision.

BTW, 8 hours with my grandchildren burns as much as 1300 calories, depending on how active they are.

Horseback riding is my good workout decision for today. Up to 300 calories will be burned grooming and riding.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

I've got training this afternoon and tonight. They usually have food but most of the time it's something that I love--i.e. pizza/sandwiches/chips/cookies--that doesn't love me back--i.e. promote weight loss/good health. So my good decision is to have a late lunch at home and take an appropriate snack with me. I know they'll have water/diet sodas available and I have planned for a snack when I get home so I won't have to take my meds on an empty stomach.

Chores and taking care of Rosie, Mouse, Sadie and Sam keeping me busy. Other than that, I'm watching it rain!

Libby: Have fun tonight--but please don't float away!

Annette: I know very well just how much grands can wear you down! Sounds like you're handling them pretty well. I've only ridden a horse at a park as a child, but I do know they take a lot of work. Several of my Dad's brothers trained/boarded horses for a living years ago. They kinda scare me--being so big and tall. I'm more of a dog/cat person

Vicki!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.