Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Accountability Thread 4/27-5/3. Keep Going & Never Give Up >

Motivation & Accountability Thread 4/27-5/3. Keep Going & Never Give Up

Community
Notices

Motivation & Accountability Thread 4/27-5/3. Keep Going & Never Give Up

Old 04-29-2015, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie: Whoops, I didn't realize I hadn't mentioned that Jean Nidetch was the founder of Weight Watchers. I hope she was pleased to learn that Weight Watchers scored so highly in the most recent US News and World Reports survey of commercial diet plans, 2015 (WW scored 1st place in 3 out of 8 categories). Definitely a leader in the field, even if her actual name wasn't as widely known as some of the other (Atkins, Ornish, Jenny Craig, etc.). Her work spoke (speaks) for itself.

In other news, so glad you're back on track! Kick that unmotivation monster to the curb!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (April 27 - May 3):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1400-1450: 1343, 1220, 1310
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 2904, 3127, 3195
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1570, 1159, 1194
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 18, 16, 17
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 55-60g: 61, 55, 58
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 95-100g: 106, 100, 117 <---YIKES!!! I had to really carbo-load today for the average to spike like that
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 115-125: 100, 91, 93
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 10-15g: 12, 14, 18 <---well, at least all those carbs gave me a fiber boost
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Started incorporating macros
    • Tuesday: Revised macros so they're more realistic for me
    • Tuesday: Did some reading on what leads people to "overeat" (using the definition "eat more than one burns")
    • Wednesday: So, about that Protein Powder...
Man, there's a whole lotta red up there! And, oddly enough, I'm really not that concerned about it! Because of the transition to a new way of accounting for foods, I realize it's going to take a while, maybe a few weeks, for things to settle down. I'm *feeling* like I'm heading in the right direction, even though trying to balance all these macros is tricky. It's like some sort of bizarre jigsaw puzzle.

I hope the scale appreciates all the work I'm doing to make it happy .
Old 04-29-2015, 05:35 PM
FitDay Member

hi ladies, just checking. Nothing really to report on the diet front. I still struggle with myself. I still have good points and poor points. I don't know what will be the catalyst that will take me back to my sweet spot of losing weight. I've been maintaining within about a 5 lb range for over a month now. Gain 1 or 2, lose 1 or 2. I just don't feel motivated to put in the effort. I feel lazy. I'll get back there.

My car cost me $500 today. One engine fan was completely shot and the other was on its last leg. Can't afford a new one, so we have to keep this one going. It's a 2005 with 133k miles...getting up there!
Old 04-30-2015, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Just a quick check in. I was happy to get in a workout before work today and stayed (mostly ) on track today. It is so darned quiet here this week. I think this site is dying a slow death
Old 04-30-2015, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya, Lisa! Sorry about the car. I'm assuming at least it's paid for? I also drive a 2005, but not as many miles. Two years ago the AC conked out. I managed to limp along for that entire summer, but last year I couldn't take it anymore. Had to bite the bullet and go for the repair. Ouch. I can only imagine if the AC conked out in AZ!!!

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Hi all Just a quick check in. I was happy to get in a workout before work today and stayed (mostly ) on track today.
Yay!!! Our Debbie is back in the saddle!

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
It is so darned quiet here this week. I think this site is dying a slow death
Yep And the M&A thread seems to get most of the traffic, from what I can see. It's cobweb-city in all the other areas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (April 27 - May 3):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1400-1450: 1343, 1220, 1310, 1446 <---Woohoo, in the zone, finally!
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 2904, 3127, 3195, 3052
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1570, 1159, 1194, 1193
  • 7-day Rolling Average sat fat = under 18g: 18, 16, 17, 20 <--- Eek, the added protein comes with a cost
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fats = 50-60g: 61, 55, 58, 65
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = 125-135g: 106, 100, 117, 124
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 100-110: 100, 91, 93, 104
  • Macro -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 35-45g: 12, 14, 18, 22
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Started incorporating macros
    • Tuesday: Revised macros so they're more realistic for me
    • Tuesday: Did some reading on what leads people to "overeat" (using the definition "eat more than one burns")
    • Wednesday: So, about that Protein Powder...
    • Thursday: Wait, what? Protein powder isn't JUST for shakes (I'm so not a shakes fan)? You can actually COOK with it? I'm listening...
Man, there's STILL a whole lotta red up there (imagine a grinning face icon here because I've already used up my allotment of smilies -- the one's in Debbie's quotes count!!! Imagine an Eek! face icon here)! That's because I'm tweaking things on a daily basis. Changing the ratios, but not the overall calories. I also changed the Fiber line to reflect my true fiber goal (I was cutting myself some slack earlier), so all the blues turned red.

I'm still skeptical about increasing the calories, but I'm going on faith that I wasn't eating enough before. We'll see...
Old 04-30-2015, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
...(imagine a grinning face icon here because I've already used up my allotment of smilies -- the one's in Debbie's quotes count!!! Imagine an Eek! face icon here)!
LOL! I'm a serial smilies user!!!
Old 04-30-2015, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Epixi - You're doing very well on your goals!! Don't kid yourself there lady! Besides...who can actually consume 35-45 g of fibre daily! That's a really high number and would be difficult to meet...unless you eat All Bran multiple times a day...but that would drive up your carb total You're doing so well! Pat yourself on the back would you!

Old 04-30-2015, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Epixi, I agree with Debbie on the fiber. You're shooting for a very high number. I think the recommended daily amount for women is like 25g or something. And even that is really hard to do. I think you're doing a great job!

Debbie, glad you're having a better day today. You're right, things are not hoppin in here like they used to.

Just another blah kind of day for me. Not good, not bad, just "meh". I've been so exhausted lately. I can't seem to get enough sleep. I'm constantly tired. I know I probably need to increase my energy with exercise. I just hate the E word.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I am feeling a lot better and have been going for short walks lately.
My appetite is still low and I am glad of that. My weight is dropping right now and I hope I can continue this trend for a long while. Keep this thread going and I will be posting with more regularity. Thanks to all the people who sent me messages of support.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry I haven't been showing up. Life got really busy.

I have been having chest pains, but different. I think it is because I have been forgetting water.
Walking has been painful with a hard lump forming under the skin on the ball of my foot.
Scale is not working because the battery died and my son won't let me keep my own batteries.

Sounds like a country song only without a guy in a cowboy hat.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie: Cheerios -- the original cereal smilie user .

((sorry it's so BIG!!!))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.