Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Thread, April 20 - April 26 -- Onward and Downward >

Motivation and Accountability Thread, April 20 - April 26 -- Onward and Downward

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread, April 20 - April 26 -- Onward and Downward

Old 04-22-2015, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Check in time! Although I had one of those days where there simply isn't enough time, I still managed to get in my workouts which means I not only took care of my family but I also took care of me I've been splitting my workouts up which is making it easier to fit it in. I rarely have more than 30 minutes at one time. I'm really happy to have been consistent for a couple weeks now!

Weekly Goals
track food Mon-Sat: Mon. - Yes, Tues - yes, Wed. - yes
min. 72 oz. water daily: Mon. - 72 oz., Tues. - 72 oz., Wed. - 80 oz.
1200-1400 calories: Mon. - 1274 cals., Tues. - 1215 cals., WEd. - 1238 cals.
exercise Mon-Sat:Mon. - 84 mins., Tues - 99 mins., Wed. - 79 mins.

Mike and Hope....what's a crawfish boil? I assume you boil crawfish...but do you eat it with something special? I've never had crawfish before....being a Canuck and all

Vicki - I so need to clean windows and curtains....hopefully I'll find the time soon. I also need to clean my car. There's a layer of salt on the floor from the Winter. Cleaning is a never ending job eh!

Lisa - Sounds like you enjoyed your birthday! I LOVE cheescake! Any flavour....I love 'em all!

Have a great evening all!
Old 04-22-2015, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Hehe I miss a day of posting and the thread catches fire! Nice to see so much activity (although now I'm a bit paranoid -- is it because I was away???). In any event, let's see if I can catch up:

Vicki: Welcome home! Proud of you for making some good choices while away from home. That can be really, really tough to do. And, to answer your friend, YES!!! Yes, I DID expect to never have a gain again. Obviously, my body didn't read the memo/get the script/doesn't agree with me *pout* . I hope things go well tomorrow at the diagnostic center.

Annette: Sorry about the scale and about the posting problems. A few weeks ago it was really bad. I *thought* they had gotten a handle on it, but maybe it was spotty. Seems like it's hitting Lynda, too. I know how frustrating the constant log-offs can be.

Hope: Glad to see you, too! Please don't give up. I know you can do this, More importantly, YOU know you can do it . You proved it with your next update. Give yourself a (((hug))).

Mike: Hey there!

Lisa: H A P P Y (belated) B I R T H D A Y !!!

Lynda: Sorry to hear about the log-offs, as I mentioned to Annette above. Sorry, too, about the gain. Frustrating, to say the least.

Debbie: Look at our Debbie go! Woohoo! Looks like the tweaks are working for you!

Ok, I think that covers everyone. Now I just need to update my own week's strategy. Next post .
Old 04-22-2015, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

I was traveling, so, like Vicki, I had to make some difficult nutritional choices. I dutifully packed some "good" snacks. I even packed tea and stevia. But when the rubber met the road, did I do well?

Nope.

The tea and snacks came home pretty much in the same state as when they left (in other words, unopened ). That said, I didn't do as poorly as I *could* have. I drank only water, although not nearly as much as I usually do. I bypassed restaurants, coffee/doughnut shops, fast food and and the like, but did have a gourmet bacon burger at the hotel. It was a HUGE burger. With fries. And, ok, the truth must out -- I threw in some chicken wings. And a cookie. *hangs head in shame* And it was all delicious -- no guilt, no lie, I enjoyed every bite. To my credit, I only ate half the cookie, that counts for something, right? The remainder of the cookie will be my "delicious decadence" for tonight.

Since I had no official calorie counts to go by, I've taken my best guess, using similar items and sizes. I took worst-case numbers (the ones with the highest "bad" numbers). Needless to say, calories, sodium, sat-fat were all through the roof. The GOOD thing is, because I had banked some numbers for the past few days, my 7-Day Averages aren't awful, horrible, gruesome. And I hopped right back on plan today, so, with any luck, the damage won't be catastrophic.

We'll see .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (April 20 - April 26):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 966, 1104, 1078
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3923, 3561, 3411
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1400: 1277, 1620, 1582
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 15, 17, 16
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 125: 68, 76, 75
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = greater than 75g: 73, 81, 83
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Read the article about obesity categories
I'm assuming those sodium numbers are going to bite me on the butt for the next few days. Tomorrow's scale will be... an adventure .
Old 04-23-2015, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Today's scale wasn't too too bad. Up one pound from Tuesday. Given that Tuesday's sodium intake was durn near 5000mg for the day , (that's more than 3 times my usual), one pound probably isn't too bad.

Of course, with this slow-losing, blubber-lovin', weight-"efficient" body, it'll take two weeks to lose what it took one day to gain. (No, don't grin at that, durnit!!!).

Last edited by episode2011; 04-23-2015 at 02:30 AM. Reason: re-did the math
Old 04-23-2015, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie and Epixi, thank your for your good wishes. You guys always make me feel so good and glad to be back.

Debbie, you better let Mike explain the boil to you. We Yanks, as he calls me, won't do it justice.

Epixi, wings and dessert last night and coffee with milk at night which I know makes my poor body unhappy. But I got on the scale and found I lost some (Huh?!?). Maybe the damage isn't as bad as you think. And the no guilt attitude is good.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

1) to follow the healthy eating plan that worked for me mere months ago: N, Y, N ( I did til dinner sigh)
2) 10 glasses of water: N, N, N
3) stretch daily: Y, Y, Y
4) exercise 2-3x (walk, mild gym): Y, Y, Y ( walk once, gym twice in 3 days!!!!)
5) meditate : N, Y, N
6) don't give in and give up, hold onto my values: N, Y, Yes
Old 04-23-2015, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
... But I got on the scale and found I lost some....
Yippee!!! Attagirl, Hope!

Oh, by the way, I was hit with the Fitday log-off bug this morning. Thus, below is a copy of a post I made a few weeks ago (March 22) when the log-off bug was running rampant.

Something I was thinking about. Not sure if this will work for everyone, but it has saved me a bit of frustration over the last few days, so thought I'd share. You know how Fitday has been consistently logging us off when we try to post? It's particularly annoying when you've written a big post (as I tend to do, sorry) and it gets destroyed.

What I've been doing for the past few days is to compose my post, then copy it BEFORE hitting Preview or Submit. That way, if (pfft, who are we kidding, WHEN) I get booted off, all I have to do is log back in, open the Reply window and paste my post back in. Voila, all set.

It's a workaround, yes (and I honestly hate having to use workarounds -- things should simply work properly), but it may save a few tears of rage until the problem is fixed.
HTH.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on your success! I myself have found that staying in constant motion and building the discipline to keep doing it often helps me stay in better shape and train of thought as well. I do my best at some sort of workout everyday.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I've been killin' it!! I mean killin' it!! Breaking a sweat for over an hour per day and being diligent with my nutrition. Staying right on top of my goals....and what does the scale do...GO UP!! FRAK!!!! I'm not going to let it get to me. I know if I stay the course, I will slowly but surely progress towards my goal. I'll just keep telling myself that!!

Old 04-23-2015, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Happy Birthday Lisa!!
Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Mike and Hope....what's a crawfish boil? I assume you boil crawfish...but do you eat it with something special? I've never had crawfish before....being a Canuck and all
Crawfish look like mini lobster, but taste better. We boil them with some very spicy seasoning, and throw in the kitchen sink (onion, garlic, sausage, lemon, celery and sometimes mushrooms). They're very good with will kill your sodium intake.

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Mike - hi
Hey Debbie! How's it going?

Originally Posted by canary52
Hey I was thinking about you too. I got a text from your lovely wife. I would LOVE to be back there again. So disappointed we didn't make it. And you WOULD mention crawfish just when I am trying to pull it all in again and eat clean. Now I am craving a boil....Thanks, pal lol!!!!!
Yeah, you need to make it back down. We have another one graduation on May 9th (which happens to be my birthday) hint, hint.

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Mike: Glad you enjoyed the crawfish!
Thanks Vicki!

Originally Posted by episode2011
Mike: Hey there!
hey girl! How's it been?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.