Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment >

Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment

Notices

Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment

Old 04-16-2015, 10:16 PM
FitDay Member

Epixi, I don't think there's any kind of meal that will fit all those criteria. Something's got to give. What about if you alternated some of the rules throughout your day of meals? Maybe make 1 or 2 low carb, low sat fat, another make high protein and low sodium? Just a thought. I don't think you post too much.

Debbie, I'm here. I just haven't been keeping up with my one and only goal of logging. And I caved to some cravings. I need to buy and prep more ready to go choices for my days. I haven't had spinach salads for lunch in a long time. That sounds good. On the list for next shopping trip. I need to come with some more ideas before Sunday too.

Tori, your swing shifts sound they would wreak havoc on your sleep patterns. Evening cravings are my worst too.

Mike, come on now. Put on your big boy pants. You can't blame Tori for everything!

Sounds like you've been really busy with your outside work as always, Annette. That's a lot of exercise you're getting in!

I woke up from horrible nightmares which are still creeping me out and I was hungry. I almost made good decisions. I made an atkins w/ milk (good decision), but I also ate some chicken enchilada casserole from dinner the other night (questionable decision) but I didn't heap any sour cream on top of it (good decision). I put it on a small plate so it looked like more than it really was. It was gone too fast though. I can't help but love food. ack! why does it have to taste sooooo gooooood??? lol
Old 04-17-2015, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
With regard to the exercise comments, I know there are many studies saying exercise is absolutely essential for WEIGHT LOSS (key phrase there). But, there are many equally compelling articles and studies showing it's NOT essential for WEIGHT LOSS. I'm in the second camp and it's nice to know I'm not off my rocker. For me, decades of extensive (and expensive) experience have shown that exercise doesn't contribute significantly to the way my specific body loses weight. The better method for me is diet modification.
Interesting! I agree that it's not a 'one-size-fits-all' approach and what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another person. Lucky you that you can lose weight with diet modification only! Unfortunately, I have to restrict calories and workout like a fiend to get the scale to budge. Changing my diet alone doesn't work for me...as well **sigh**

Speaking of which, I've been trying to come up with a perfect "diet" food/meal. Anyone up for a challenge? Here we go: Serving size = large enough to satisfy hunger for several hours. Calories, between 250-300. High protein (15+ g). Low sodium (under 200mg). Low net carbs (under 6 -- and the net has to come from fiber, not sugar alcohol). Low fat (and VERY low sat-fat, 1-2g max).
Wow, that is a challenge! Loooooove a good challenge...I'll see what I can come up with!
Old 04-17-2015, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
I woke up from horrible nightmares which are still creeping me out and I was hungry.
I can so relate to horrible nightmares and still thinking about them the next day! I suffer from sleep paralysis and have for as long as I can remember. Not a fun thing to experience! In the past year, I finally found some information online about the condition which has at least helped me to understand a little better. For most of my life, I thought I was just 'special'...ya know....special in the way that 'I see dead people' Turns out I just suffer from al sleep disorder! Phew!
Old 04-17-2015, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

I've been thinking more about that "perfect" food/meal. Heck, even water doesn't fit the bill (no fiber or protein). I think I've come up with a solution, though:

A personal chef! Let her/him shop, chop and prepare.

However, if that were truly the solution, there'd be no overweight rich people, and we all know that's not the case. Just look at all the celebrity-endorsed weight-loss products.

*sigh* Back to the drawing board... (or I guess, more appropriately, the cutting board).
Old 04-17-2015, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I'm here I'm here!! Mike, there have been no Cheetos. MMMMCHEETOS!!!! I haven't gone MIA, just been busy with work. I work a swing shift, Mondays I work first shift, Tuesdays third shift, Wednesday I sleep, back to first for Thursday and Friday and I'm off weekends. It's hard to post on Tuesday and Wednesday because of this. I'm doing decent this week. It hasn't been great, but it hasn't been horrible either.

Goals....
1: log it all. The good, the bad and the ugly--Yes, Yes, NO
2: limit soda to work only, water at home--Yes, Yes, NO
3: eat sensibly. no going overboard--wasn't great but wasn't horrible either, decent, HAHAHAHAHA we won't go into details...Wednesdays will be a work in progress

I'm doing good so far today. I've just eaten and logged supper. I'm hoping there are no surprise cravings later this evening.
Glad to see you found your way back. Keep up the decent work.

large enough to satisfy hunger for several hours.... Low net carbs (under 6 -- and the net has to come from fiber, not sugar alcohol).
This reminds me of us car guys. There's an old saying... Dependable, Fast and Cheap, pick two. In other words if you have a fast, dependable car, it's not going to be cheap. If you have a cheap, dependable car, it's not going to be fast.

I don't see how you can have a meal (in that calorie range) and be that low in carb and it's still going to satisfy your hunger. Pick two.

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Epixi,
Mike, come on now. Put on your big boy pants. You can't blame Tori for everything!
sure I can. In fact, if I don't, she'll think I'm not feeling well.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
sure I can. In fact, if I don't, she'll think I'm not feeling well.
how well I taught you to play the blame game.

Things are going well tonight. I'll do a full update tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

TGIF!!! Seriously!!

Weekly Goals
track food daily: Mon. - yes, Tues. - yes, Wed. - yes, Thurs. - yes, Fri. - yes
min. 72 oz. water daily: Mon. - 72 oz., Tues. - 72 oz., Wed. - 72 oz., Thurs. - 88 oz., Fri. - 96 oz.
max. 1200 calories: Mon. - 1184 cals., Tues. - 1196 cals., Wed. - 1133 cals., Thurs. - 1266 cals. Fri. - 1191 cals
min. 90 g protein: Mon. - 96 g., Tues - 101 g., Wed. - 103 g., Thurs. - 98 g., Fri. - 90 g.
max. 120 g carbs: Mon. - 120 g., Tues - 110 g, Wed. - 120 g., Thurs. - 131 g., Fri. - 123 g (I still call that a win!)
min. 25 g fibre: Mon. - 25 g., Tues. - 27 g., Wed. - 32 g., Thurs. - 36 g., Fri. - 27 g.
exercise daily: Mon. - 84 min., Tues - 80 min., Wed. 76 min., Thurs. - 83 min., Fri. - 66 min.
reflect on daily accomplishments: Mon. - yes, Tues - Yes, Wed. - yes, Thurs. - Yes, Fri - yes

Epixi - I tried hard to think up something wonderful for you, but with the protein that high and the carbs that low...it's nearly impossible! An egg white omelette loaded with veggies would be great...but without cheese...I just don't think that would be tasty! If you haven't already, you should check out Kalyn's Kitchen. She has lots of low carb, high protein recipes....maybe you'll find some stuff you like? Here are some specific links on her site that you may find helpful.

Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes

Low Carb Breakfasts

Low Carb Soups

More Low Carb Soups

Hopefully these links don't get taken down before you have a chance to check them out....I guess I don't get what is not an acceptable link here on fitday?

Have a great evening all!
Old 04-17-2015, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, Lisa, Debbie: Yep. I've come to the realization that that *perfect* food/meal is just a dream. But can you imagine how rich rich RICH we'd be if we could actually find it??? $$$$$$$

Lisa: Making ready-to-go foods has been my lifesaver. Whenever I cook something that's more than one serving, I try to pack it up immediately in single-serve containers and freeze it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (April 13 - April 19):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1312, 1274, 1239, 1157, 1078
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3924, 3924, 3935, 3935, 3946
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1442, 1491, 1485, 1461, 1438
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 16, 15, 15, 15, 14
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150: 118, 114, 111, 99, 91
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 17, 15, 14, 10, 9
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 75, 73, 68, 69, 67
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Spent some time trying to understand WHY my plan is failing so miserably
    • Monday: Did some reading on Weight-Loss Resistance and the role of exercise in weight loss (it may not be what most people seem to think)
    • Tuesday: More research on why I'm being so unsuccessful, given how well I've stuck to plan
    • Tuesday: Tried couscous. Ugh -- NOT doing that again.
TGIF, Fitday-ers .
Old 04-17-2015, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

Epixi - You're doing so well on your goals!! Those reds should really just be orange....your nearly hitting every single one Also, when you tried couscous...did you get white or whole wheat? And what did you cook it with? I personally prefer white and cook it with sodium free chicken broth. I think its pretty tasty....just curious how you prepared it?
Old 04-17-2015, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie: You and I were posting at the same time, otherwise I'd have done a shout-out to you in the post above. Anyway, thanks so much for the links! I don't know about the link policy either, so I bookmarked the site in case the links disappear.

I actually DO own a crockpot, so a lot of those recipes look doable, especially since crock cooking doesn't require a lot of fiddly time . And she seems to like lots of meat -- oh, yeah, she's talkin' my language!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.