Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment >

Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment

Notices

Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment

Old 04-15-2015, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Accountability check in time! Another very successful day....the weekend is just around the bed...can I keep this up?

Weekly Goals
track food daily: Mon. - yes, Tues. - yes, Wed. - yes
min. 72 oz. water daily: Mon. - 72 oz., Tues. - 72 oz., Wed. - 72 oz.
max. 1200 calories: Mon. - 1184 cals., Tues. - 1196 cals., Wed. - 1133 cals
min. 90 g protein: Mon. - 96 g., Tues - 101 g., Wed. - 103 g.
max. 120 g carbs: Mon. - 120 g., Tues - 110 g, Wed. - 120 g.
min. 25 g fibre: Mon. - 25 g., Tues. - 27 g., Wed. - 32 g.
exercise daily: Mon. - 84 min., Tues - 80 min., Wed. 76 min.
reflect on daily accomplishments: Mon. - yes, Tues - Yes, Wed. - yes

Lisa - Thanks for the compliment. I always try to reflect on how I'm feeling and what I need for motivation....then if nobody else has started a thread yet, I just post what's on my mind. I think that's a great goal to get back to tracking. It is a tedious job, but it really does tell the story doesn't it. As for the diet soda, I'm not sure I buy into the whole notion that it packs on the pounds. I have read articles that say it triggers sweet cravings for some people, but I think if it curbs your sweet craving...well that's a good thing! I've read others studies that say some people think they've saved calories by drinking diet soda so they make up for it in other ways. If it's helping to keep you feeling satisfied, I say go for it! Maybe just keep an eye on the quantity you're drinking though? You could make a deal with yourself...if you're about to have a diet soda, you can only have it if you down a glass of plain water first, then sit back and enjoy your treat! I dunno.....just a suggestion

Epixi - Thank you for the pat on the back! Right back at youlady! Week after week you post your goals and are almost always on point! I certainly hope the scale starts reflecting your hard work. You truly deserve it!

Have a great evening all! I plan to get out for a nice walk with my daughter while she scooters and enjoy this beautiful Spring weather!
Old 04-15-2015, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

My Strategy for the Week (April 13 - April 19):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1312, 1274, 1239
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3924, 3924, 3935
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1442, 1491, 1485
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 16, 15, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150: 118, 114, 111
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 17, 15, 14
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 75, 73, 68
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Spent some time trying to understand WHY my plan is failing so miserably
    • Monday: Did some reading on Weight-Loss Resistance and the role of exercise in weight loss (it may not be what most people seem to think)
    • Tuesday: More research on why I'm being so unsuccessful, given how well I've stuck to plan
    • Tuesday: Tried couscous. Ugh -- NOT doing that again.
Nothing new/flashy/happy/exciting to report. I'll stop here so I don't sound like a broken record. Hmmmm do you kids today even know what a "broken record" is?
Old 04-15-2015, 06:38 PM
FitDay Member

I didn't log again today. I don't know why. Just distracted I guess...or maybe laziness. Whatever the reason I haven't been doing it since Friday is paying me back by gaining back the nearly 3 lbs I lost last week. How frustrating. I think I'm just really not wanting to get back to weighing and measuring every single molecule of food that passes my lips again. When I used to do it, I didn't mind. I was even obsessive about it. But now, thinking about going back and doing it again, I'm just dreading it.

Epixi and Debbie, you both are doing amazing at reaching your goals this week!
Old 04-16-2015, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all It was rough getting up to workout before work this morning. I was so tired I actually drank a shot of espresso before my workout! It's going to be a long day!

Epixi - "Did some reading on Weight-Loss Resistance and the role of exercise in weight loss (it may not be what most people seem to think)"...care to elaborate? I'm curious about what you read. I have heard that it's good to take a few days off from diet and exercise when you're at a stand still/plateau. But only 2-3 days then get right back to business and the scale should start moving again. I think this would work for someone who can get right back to business...other people (myself included) this is a slippery slope to maneuver

Lisa - I too have big dread factor about logging and weighing/measuring every bite. It feels daunting...I know that's part of what kept me from getting back on track. However, as much as I would love to 'eat intuitively', I know that logging and weighing is what will get me back to goal...daunting as that may be. Keep trying....that's all we can do...hopefully it sticks again at some point and we both get back on track...and more importantly...stay on track! All that to say, you are not alone my friend!

Have a great day all!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday goals:
  • I did so well at burning yesterday that I plan to do it again
  • After piano and groceries - buy healthy stuff
  • Water intake up, especially while doing yard work
  • Continue with low sodium
Old 04-16-2015, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks epixi and Lisa.

I haven't logged everything so i haven't updated. It's all Tori's fault. She was supposed to be keeping me accountable and staying on my heals and she let me down. Tori, where are you??? Get up, get moving and put down the cheetos!!!
Old 04-16-2015, 08:19 AM
FitDay Member

Accountability check in time! Another very successful day....I think I'll actually be down tomorrow instead of up for a change!

Weekly Goals
track food daily: Mon. - yes, Tues. - yes, Wed. - yes, Thurs. - yes
min. 72 oz. water daily: Mon. - 72 oz., Tues. - 72 oz., Wed. - 72 oz., Thurs. - 88 oz.
max. 1200 calories: Mon. - 1184 cals., Tues. - 1196 cals., Wed. - 1133 cals., Thurs. - 1266 cals. (I still call that a win )
min. 90 g protein: Mon. - 96 g., Tues - 101 g., Wed. - 103 g., Thurs. - 98 g.
max. 120 g carbs: Mon. - 120 g., Tues - 110 g, Wed. - 120 g., Thurs. - 131 g. (I still call that a win too!)
min. 25 g fibre: Mon. - 25 g., Tues. - 27 g., Wed. - 32 g., Thurs. - 36 g.
exercise daily: Mon. - 84 min., Tues - 80 min., Wed. 76 min., Thurs. - 83 min.
reflect on daily accomplishments: Mon. - yes, Tues - Yes, Wed. - yes, Thurs. - Yes

Where is everyone? It's kinda quiet around here this week?

Last edited by lildebbieg; 04-16-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here I'm here!! Mike, there have been no Cheetos. MMMMCHEETOS!!!! I haven't gone MIA, just been busy with work. I work a swing shift, Mondays I work first shift, Tuesdays third shift, Wednesday I sleep, back to first for Thursday and Friday and I'm off weekends. It's hard to post on Tuesday and Wednesday because of this. I'm doing decent this week. It hasn't been great, but it hasn't been horrible either.

Goals....
1: log it all. The good, the bad and the ugly--Yes, Yes, NO
2: limit soda to work only, water at home--Yes, Yes, NO
3: eat sensibly. no going overboard--wasn't great but wasn't horrible either, decent, HAHAHAHAHA we won't go into details...Wednesdays will be a work in progress

I'm doing good so far today. I've just eaten and logged supper. I'm hoping there are no surprise cravings later this evening.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg

... Where is everyone? It's kinda quiet around here this week?
I'm here. I was beginning to think perhaps I post too much (I realize I tend to make loooong posts), so I was trying to lay a bit low this week. That along with feeling not-so-chipper because of the stall.

With regard to the exercise comments, I know there are many studies saying exercise is absolutely essential for WEIGHT LOSS (key phrase there). But, there are many equally compelling articles and studies showing it's NOT essential for WEIGHT LOSS. I'm in the second camp and it's nice to know I'm not off my rocker. For me, decades of extensive (and expensive) experience have shown that exercise doesn't contribute significantly to the way my specific body loses weight. The better method for me is diet modification.

Speaking of which, I've been trying to come up with a perfect "diet" food/meal. Anyone up for a challenge? Here we go: Serving size = large enough to satisfy hunger for several hours. Calories, between 250-300. High protein (15+ g). Low sodium (under 200mg). Low net carbs (under 6 -- and the net has to come from fiber, not sugar alcohol). Low fat (and VERY low sat-fat, 1-2g max).

Add to this, it can't contain any ingredient I don't like, so no cheese, no fish, no yogurt, no strawberries, no tofu. No shakes or juices, it has to be chewable (plus, I don't own blender, juicer or food processor). And it has to taste good. Extra credit if I don't have to prepare it -- just buy it, ready-to-eat, although I'm willing to do minimal prep (microwave or toss in the oven). Bonus points if it smells good and is visually appealing (we eat with our eyes and noses, too). An energy bar on a plate just doesn't cut it.

Virtually everything I come up with fails at least one of the requirements. Any thoughts?
Old 04-16-2015, 03:31 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=episode2011;115630]My Strategy for the Week (April 13 - April 19):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1312, 1274, 1239, 1157
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3924, 3924, 3935, 3935
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1442, 1491, 1485, 1461
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 16, 15, 15, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150: 118, 114, 111, 99
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 17, 15, 14, 10
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 75, 73, 68, 69
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Spent some time trying to understand WHY my plan is failing so miserably
    • Monday: Did some reading on Weight-Loss Resistance and the role of exercise in weight loss (it may not be what most people seem to think)
    • Tuesday: More research on why I'm being so unsuccessful, given how well I've stuck to plan
    • Tuesday: Tried couscous. Ugh -- NOT doing that again.
Carbs are going down, and I suppose many would say that's a good thing. Fiber is going down with it, however. Y'know, I can't be arsed to worry about it anymore. I can't concentrate on everything all at the same time.

*sigh* It feels like nearly everything I enjoy has a "bad" element to it. Too much sodium or too much sat-fat. This week, I've severely limited yet another item that I enjoyed. Sugarless gum. It's low calorie, low sodium and, for me, curbed appetite (in some people, it stimulates appetite). Should be perfect, but it has carbs. Yes, I added every stick to my daily logs, so I wasn't undercounting. Will this elimination make a difference? I don't know, but I had to give it a try. The only enjoyable thing I have left after this is my nightly "daily decadence".

Maybe, once get things moving again, I'll add the gum back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.