Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment >

Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment

Old 04-13-2015, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori says I need to post goals. Such a JA she is.
You'll be okay. Even if I'm a JA.

Sooooo, the SO isn't making this any easier on me. We're laying in bed watching tv and he gets up and goes to make himself a huge bowl of ice cream. THAT'S being a JA...
Old 04-13-2015, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

Checking back in for accountability. A very successful day...but Monday usually is...it's the rest of the week that creeps up on me

Weekly Goals
track food daily: Mon. - yes
min. 72 oz. water daily: Mon. - 72 oz.
max. 1200 calories: Mon. - 1184 cals.
min. 90 g protein: Mon. - 96 g.
max. 120 g carbs: Mon. - 120 g.
min. 25 g fibre:Mon. - 25 g.
exercise daily:Mon. - yes (maybe too much...hopefully I can move tomorrow!
reflect on daily accomplishments:Mon. - yes

Tori - Welcome back! Hard to be good when your SO is being so bad!

Mike - Good to see you posting again!

Lynda - Congrats on the pound...one pound closer to your goal!

Have a great evening all....see you all tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

One day at a time.

Tuesday goals:
  • Exercise - Tuesdays are reserved for paperwork
  • Diet plan -
    • Breakfast - waffles (these are sugar free, low fat, low sodium, multigrain waffles)
    • Lunch - chickpeas and beans with longrice
    • Tuesday is take out (I get a lower sodium version on a wholegrain bun)
  • Other reminders - stay away from the jelly beans until tonight, then leave them in the closet at church
Old 04-14-2015, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday wasn't horrible, but I could have done better. I made a poor choice for lunch because I didn't plan ahead. It is what it is, can't change it now. I'm not used to eating lunch, so I didn't even think about it until it was time to eat. Live and learn.
So, goals...
1: log it all. The good, the bad and the ugly--Yes
2: limit soda to work only, water at home--Yes
3: eat sensibly. no going overboard--wasn't great, but wasn't horrible either

That's about it for now. Will try to catch up with y'all later.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Debbie! I hope I can hang around a little longer.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Epixi- Are you drinking enough water. A doc years ago recommended drinking half your body weight in water to speed up weight loss (up to 100 ounces max) and it does seem to work for me. As a matter of fact I haven't been drinking enough water and my losses are stalling. I'll make that a goal today. Maybe you want to try this is you aren't already.

Yesterday, I woke up to a 1 lb weight gain. I think it was the roasted in-the-shell peanuts I ate Sunday night. I do retain loads of water with excessive salt intake. I went to my pre-op appt for my upcoming endoscopy/ colonoscopy. They gave me a gallon jug with some powder that I have to add water and drink the day before. Ugh! I do think cleanses can be good for our bodies though and I do anticipate a weight loss during those two days. LOL. I do plan to drink regular ginger ale on those days to keep my blood sugar up. I am not fond of plain broths. Any suggestions besides popsickles and jello?

Today I plan to eat on-plan strickly, drink 100 ounces of water and plant my remaining plants in the hydroponic system this afternoon.

Welcome back, Mike! Hope to see your posts often and revel in your losses.

Last edited by HappyHen; 04-14-2015 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Accountability check in. Another successful day.

Weekly Goals
track food daily: Mon. - yes, Tues - yes
min. 72 oz. water daily: Mon. - 72 oz., Tues - 72 oz.
max. 1200 calories: Mon. - 1184 cals., Tues - 1196 cals.
min. 90 g protein: Mon. - 96 g., Tues - 101 g.
max. 120 g carbs: Mon. - 120 g., Tues - 110 g
min. 25 g fibre: Mon. - 25 g., Tues. - 27 g.
exercise daily: Mon. - 84 min., Tues - 80 ,in.
reflect on daily accomplishments: Mon. - yes, Tues - Yes
Old 04-14-2015, 05:17 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie: Great job on the goals! Your week is off to a grand start. Proud of you!

Mike and Tori: So nice to see you two again! I missed your posts and your good-natured back & forth commenting. Our friend Hope was here about a week ago, too.

Lynda: Congratulations on the pound loss -- that's absolutely wonderful, especially if you weren't expecting it!

Denise: I *think* I drink enough. I average nearly 4000mL fluid per day (split between green tea w/stevia and plain water). I've been drinking that amount for the last 4-5 months. I honestly don't think I could get much more than that in and still maintain any sort of, um, quality of life, if you know what I mean. As far as suggestions, were you looking for something low-cal but high carb?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (April 13 - April 19):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1312, 1274
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3924, 3924
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1442, 1491
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 16, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150: 118, 114
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 17, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 75, 73
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Spent some time trying to understand WHY my plan is failing so miserably
    • Monday: Did some reading on Weight-Loss Resistance and the role of exercise in weight loss (it may not be what most people seem to think)
    • Tuesday: More research on why I'm being so unsuccessful, given how well I've stuck to plan
    • Tuesday: Tried couscous. Ugh -- NOT doing that again.
Bah, I wrote out a looooong, pity-party post. Then figured it wasn't fair to lay all that on you good folks, so I deleted it . Probably should have saved it to my computer, but oh well.

Anyway, still feeling disillusioned (disheartened? disappointed? betrayed by my body?) about my recent total lack of success. I had so hoped to be in the next decade (that's what I call the 10-pound increments) by mid-May, but now that I've had 3 straight weeks of absolutely NOTHING, I have serious doubts that's going to happen. But I can't throw in the towel, because that won't make things any better. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. What I'm doing has stopped working but I've got nothing better with which to replace it.

*sigh*
Old 04-14-2015, 07:06 PM
FitDay Member

Had a bad food day today. Went for convenience and comfort all day. Not really sure what was triggering that, but it is what it is. Day is done, now I can work on tomorrow.

I'm glad I'm back on diet soda. I know it's not good for me because of the chemicals, and supposedly it actually makes your abdomen bigger over time. Right now I don't care. The water experiment wasn't working. I was craving sooooo badly the whole time, and I never felt my thirst quenched. That's something I've never ever understood about me. I can drink a gallon of water and not feel quenched and my mouth feels like a sandy desert, but I can drink a cup of diet soda and feel great. Anyhow, when I drink diet soda I eat sweets far less often. Yes, I do have days like today where I go in mini-binges, but I think that is something completely unrelated to what I drink and more along the lines of my emotional state. But for the most part, it's easier for me to get on and stay on track when I'm on diet soda.

When I'm on track and at my "diet best" I weigh, measure and log everything that hits my lips. I haven't been doing that lately, so for the rest of the week that's my goal.

Hello to Tori and Mike!

Debbie, I haven't been on for 2 days, so I didn't tell see your new thread post until today. You always have the best suggestions and motivations. Thank you for that!

Lynda, congrats on the lb lost!
Old 04-15-2015, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday goals:
  • Yard work until I can barely stand
  • 500 ml of water every hour to replace lost fluids
  • Low sodium meals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.