Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability - April 6-12....Don't Give Up! >

Motivation and Accountability - April 6-12....Don't Give Up!

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability - April 6-12....Don't Give Up!

Old 04-10-2015, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Old habits are kicking in.

Wednesday morning as my daughter and husband left for the farm... I had made breakfast for my husband because of his gout attack the previous week. I stupidly thought that if I fed him "good" food that he would stop eating trigger foods. Well, my daughter held back and told me to stop cooking him eggs because I don't do it right and it just makes him look for something to settle his stomach.
I'm still pissed that he scraped half his dinner into the garbage the night before. I have noticed that eating healthy has decreased his healthy food intake and increased his Pringles intake.
I do not buy Pringles when grocery shopping, so he is doing that all on his own. I do however buy ice-cream, because moderation is key.

Well Thursday night I noticed that I am still pissed off when I didn't use moderation while dishing out ice-cream for myself. I did this while glaring at him asleep in his chair, pushing remote buttons while he slept.

Oh, wait. It's not all him.
Yesterday, I started a burn pile in the back yard and brought fallen branches around for my son to feed the fire. Out of work 31 year old basement dweller actually got out of bed yesterday. I trudged back and forth all morning long and then in the afternoon I mowed the most difficult section of front lawn, discovering that the power drive on the mower is broken. My daughter had that audacity to walk right past the evidence of yard work and ask me sarcastically, "So what did you do today."
I answered with an agonized groan because every muscle in my body feels like it is twisted.
She replied, "I guess that means, nothing."

These are the days that I wonder if they would even notice the difference if I wasn't here.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, I am so sorry to hear about the way your family is treating you. I went through that with my teenagers and first husband. I chose to quit cooking what they wanted, instead cooking what I would eat to lose weight, I quit buying junk food, I quit cleaning up after them, washing their clothes, etc because they didn't appreciate me anyway. Ii started looking out after me. Walking 5-7 miles a day. Drinking half my body weight inwater. I successfully lost 86 lbs and never felt better. My kids did began to understand that they needed me. Hubby didn't so I ended up divorcing him. Can't win them all. I would love to see you start putting YOU first. It was very healtny and therapudic for me. Hope today gets better for you.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, I'm really sorry you are so under-appreciated. Stop doing some of these things for a week or two and give them an eye-opener. Big hugs to you...I've been in the same boat and know how frustrating and disheartening it is.

Guess what, gang! For the first time in a long time I Lost Weight!!!! Yeppers, nearly 3 lbs this week. I'm so freaking happy. This is just the boost I needed to keep going since I knew I've been doing better.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Annette: I echo what Jennifer and Lisa said. I'm saddened to hear how things are going for you. From everything you've written about the farm, I can tell you're a very hard-working woman. I wish those around you appreciated that more. Please remember, though, that YOU need to appreciate you, too. Please take care of Annette. Do the things you know are good for you.

Lisa: I'm so so so happy for you! 3 pounds, booyah!!! After the challenges you've faced over the past few weeks, this is fantastic news! Thanks for the comment about goals. I'm trying really hard (even though sat-fat and I still don't see eye-to-eye ). I'm happy that you're back to logging/tracking foods, too. I know it's a pain (oh, believe me, I know!), but it really is a worthwhile activity. It can be a rude wake-up call at first, though, or when you get back to it after a while away. Those nibbles and bites and "just a taste"s add up big time!

Speaking of which, that reminds me I have to log a sample I had at a supermarket. Bite-size roast pork, made in-store. Absolutely delicious! But for me it was one and done. Didn't even purchase a pork roast. I've already tallied up today's foods (results below). I'll add it in, and if it significantly changes the numbers below, I'll edit in the proper ones. Otherwise, it'll just be reflected in tomorrow's post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (April 6 - April 12):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1189, 1186, 1201, 1237, 1265
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3962, 3962, 3895, 3895, 3895
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1295, 1287, 1198, 1138, 1193
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 15, 15, 16, 15, 16 <--- sat-fat, grrrr
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150: 133, 125, 122, 122, 114
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 11, 11, 12, 15, 14
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 57, 59, 63, 68, 74
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Thursday: Tried a new seasoning for chicken. It's... well, ok... rather bland.
    • Thursday: Read some interesting articles about weight-loss comments.
((EDIT: Ok, so I added in the supermarket sample, and it did affect my totals for the day (and thus, my 7-day averages). It wasn't significant at all, but in the interest of being totally honest with myself, I've edited this post to reflect the changes. I feel better now.))

I have about one more day's worth of salad fixin's left. So, what did I do? I bought MORE salad-related stuff (tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms). Oi, what has become of me? Hehe

Enjoy the rest of the evening, folks. TGIF!!!

Last edited by episode2011; 04-10-2015 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Edited to add a forgottten food for the day
Old 04-10-2015, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you everyone.
Today I went out to buy my supplements. I ran out on Monday so it was about time. While I was out I bought myself three gifts. The third one was a jar of Orange Blossom Honey to flavour my salmon tonight. The second gift was a bracelet from a bead store. In other words I made it myself, exactly the way I like it.

And the first gift was a chain saw. I'll read the instructions over the weekend and gas it up on Monday. I got me some trees to trim. Brrrmmm...
Old 04-10-2015, 03:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Annette, I'm really sorry you are so under-appreciated. Stop doing some of these things for a week or two and give them an eye-opener. Big hugs to you...I've been in the same boat and know how frustrating and disheartening it is.

Guess what, gang! For the first time in a long time I Lost Weight!!!! Yeppers, nearly 3 lbs this week. I'm so freaking happy. This is just the boost I needed to keep going since I knew I've been doing better.
Congrats on the Big Loss! Hard work does pay off!!!
Old 04-10-2015, 03:50 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Thank you everyone.
Today I went out to buy my supplements. I ran out on Monday so it was about time. While I was out I bought myself three gifts. The third one was a jar of Orange Blossom Honey to flavour my salmon tonight. The second gift was a bracelet from a bead store. In other words I made it myself, exactly the way I like it.

And the first gift was a chain saw. I'll read the instructions over the weekend and gas it up on Monday. I got me some trees to trim. Brrrmmm...
I'm so proud for you today! Treats for ourselves always lift the mood. The chainsaw sounds like a great exercise program. DH sure gets tired and dirty when using his. Hope you have a great weekend. Blessings, Denise
Old 04-10-2015, 04:12 PM
FitDay Member

I did really well staying on plan today with 677cals, 17.0 gms fat, 45.8 gms carbs and 84.8 gms of protein. Yesterday I stayed on plan but ended the day with over 100 gms of carbs and the scale didn't move this morning either. Today I ate grilled pork chops and shrimp along with a soup I make to stay on plan and cucumbers with italian dressing.

Last edited by HappyHen; 04-10-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:39 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa: Hooray on the weight loss!

Annette: So sorry that you're not appreciated very much by your family! Hope you're not tempted to get the chainsaw after them--I'd be for sure!

Epixi: Salads can be pretty good. I like the crunch factor!

HappyHen: Glad you're here!

Instead of GB issues, I'm having trouble with my liver! GB is perking along nicely according to the tests. All the pain is from my liver--and I don't even drink alcohol! But my liver doesn't seem to know that! One of the meds I could take I already know causes me to swell, but there are others we will try along the way. For now, I'll continue to try to lose more weight and hope that helps.
I'll be posting Sunday instead of Monday for the Challenge since I'll be out of state on a job assignment and training for a few days.
Pulled a muscle in my side--guess I was too energetic in my sidebends the other night! At least the soreness and pain's much less tonight. Vicki
Old 04-11-2015, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

I guess I'll be getting a manly sweat worked up. But first, I'm going to an annual flower show today. Lots of walking outdoors and in.

I have not been paying close attention to my fellow losers, so I promise to pay attention next week.

Vicki, liver pain? I'm so sorry.

Denise, it's nice to meet you.

Lisa, great job on the loss.

Jennifer, nice to meet you too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.