Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability - April 6-12....Don't Give Up! >

Motivation and Accountability - April 6-12....Don't Give Up!

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability - April 6-12....Don't Give Up!

Old 04-07-2015, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou

Debbie, I hear you about salt...
Hehe that was me, Lisa.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Accountability check in:

Weekly Goals
track food daily: Mon-Yes, Tues-Yes
72 oz. water daily: Mon-80 oz., Tues-72 oz.
max. 1400 calories: Mon-1293, Tues-1390
min. 88 g protein: Mon-88 g, Tues-88 g...again! how is that even possible? LOL!!
max. 175 g carbs: Mon-170 g, Tues-120 g
3 full body workouts:
3 cardio interval workouts:Mon-Yes
2 steady state cardio:
Stay off the scale:Mon-Yes, Tues-Nope

Another crazy day in the life! I won't bore you with all the details, but it was more than a full day. Another full day tomorrow, but I think Thursday is just business as usual...a usual day is busy to say the least but when extra things are thrown in the mix, it really can be a challenge to juggle it all! All that to say, I didn't manage to get in a workout today. Glad there is still time in the week to accomplish my goals.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Keep up the good fight, Debbie! Pace yourself, you got this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (April 6 - April 12):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1189, 1186
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3962, 3962
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1295, 1287
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 15, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150: 133, 125
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 11, 11
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 57, 59
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
I'm still trying to ramp up the protein while scaling down the carbs. Sadly, lowering carbs (so far) has resulted in lowered fiber, while increased protein has resulted in increased sat-fat. I'll get it all balanced one day, but, hehe, that day wasn't today .

I did some research this evening but it wasn't anything diet/nutrition/health related (yes, I do have a few other interests ), so it doesn't count for this strategy.

Hope the rest of you had a good day!
Old 04-08-2015, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Epi, lol it's amazing I keep as much on here sorted as I do when replying! Trying to find balance between fats, carbs, proteins, fiber....it's a real trick to learn! I still haven't figured it all out.

Debbie, you keep running like the Energizer bunny. I don't know how you do it. Two more days to get all your goals in!

Yesterday wasn't too bad. Again, I made some poor choices (like too much cereal in the morning and potato salad at night), but I also made some good ones (started back on diet so I eliminated all the soda calories, 1 chicken bbq sandwich at dinner). my baby steps are adding up slowly.

I did start the day off with a Poptart on the go, but that's not going to kill my day. I've got lots of time left in the day to make lots of good choices.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 04-08-2015, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday was simply not a good day for me. I did force myself to exercise and I was mindful of what I ate and I did stay in my goal. After a crummy day yesterday, and the weather being rainy and gloomy today, I am struggling with staying on track today. Ugh.....some days, I wish for an easy day.....then I look around and realize that my days are probably easier then many.

7 day average calorie count deficit of 500 - didn't track Monday 495
7 day average exercise 30 minutes a day - M-35 min, T 30
7 day average for step count: 10000 a day 10647, T 10673
water intake - 70 ounces a day - 80, 60
Old 04-08-2015, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Debbie, you keep running like the Energizer bunny. I don't know how you do it. Two more days to get all your goals in!
I give myself from Monday to Sunday to fit in my weekly goals. No way could I do all that's left in only two days!! Certainly not the Energizer bunny! LOL!
Old 04-08-2015, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa: I agree with your comparison to the Energizer Bunny. Our Debbie is always on the go go go!

Debbie: Monday through Sunday, yes please!

Jennifer: Maybe I'm missing something (wouldn't be the first time) but it looks to me like you're hitting your marks really well! Add to that, you got in your exercise and you were mindful... give yourself some pats on the back .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (April 6 - April 12):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1189, 1186, 1201 <--- just barely squeaked in there
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3962, 3962, 3895
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1295, 1287, 1198
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 15, 15, 16 *sigh*
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150: 133, 125, 122
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 11, 11, 12
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 57, 59, 63
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
Yesterday, I made a make-shift salad bar. Basically prepped all the bits (lettuce, cucumber, broccoli, scallions, low-sodium kidney beans). I had more of it today. A trick I use to make the salad dressing go further -- put the salad items, including the dressing, in a zip-lock bag. Zip it closed and shake, rattle and roll. Toss it about like a pizza crust. It coats everything, yet doesn't require an excess amount of dressing. I sneak a tablespoon of bacon bits in there, too. Salad is always better with bacon .

I don't make salad very often. I hate all the prep work (and I'm still skeptical about bag salads -- are they truly fresh? Have they been adequately washed?). And I hate cleaning up afterwards -- so many wet bits to dispose of. Yuck. Basically, I make a salad bar once I forget how much I hate making salad. Usually takes several months. Haha.

Have I mentioned I'm not a big fan of vegetables? *wink*

Have a healthful rest of the evening, everyone!
Old 04-08-2015, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Check in time....even though I'd rather skip it today I can't seem to find my footing! Today's craziness....full 8 hour work day, a 2 hour appointment to have my daughter assessed for a learning disability, thrift store shopping to make costumes for upcoming school play (because I have time to actually make costumes!), my sons Scouts night, cooking dinner, prepping food for tomorrow, rehearsing lines for the kids upcoming musical at school, regular homework....I think that's it? Needless to say, my personal goals were not on the radar again today. Off to bed...tomorrow should be a little calmer...I think? Setting weekly goals is supposed to help to keep me on track and motivate me...but it's only making me feel more anxious. Some weeks, it's just a losing battle

Weekly Goals
track food daily: Mon-Yes, Tues-Yes, Wed-Nada
72 oz. water daily: Mon-80 oz., Tues-72 oz., Wed-Not even sure??
max. 1400 calories: Mon-1293, Tues-1390, Wed-??
min. 88 g protein: Mon-88 g, Tues-88 g, Wed-??
max. 175 g carbs: Mon-170 g, Tues-120 g, Wed-??
3 full body workouts:
3 cardio interval workouts:Mon-Yes
2 steady state cardio:
Stay off the scale:Mon-Yes, Tues-Nope, Wed-Yes...only because I literally didn't have the time! HA!,
Old 04-08-2015, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
Salad is always better with bacon
Agreed! I had a Cesar Salad for lunch today! Yummmm!

Originally Posted by episode2011
I don't make salad very often. I hate all the prep work (and I'm still skeptical about bag salads -- are they truly fresh? Have they been adequately washed?). And I hate cleaning up afterwards -- so many wet bits to dispose of. Yuck. Basically, I make a salad bar once I forget how much I hate making salad. Usually takes several months. Haha.
I make a huuuge Greek Salad for my lunch almost daily! I love it! It does take some time, but I make a few at a time to keep me for a few days, so the task doesn't seem as cumbersome
Old 04-08-2015, 05:18 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, when you're a working mom life can sometimes be completely crazy. Give yourself some wiggle room. I think it's ok when you have ALL THAT on your plate and you're exhausted and out of time for all your goals. I got stressed and tired just reading all that you had going on today!!!

Epi, I love salads, but I hate making them too. I usually keep mine simple. Some sunflower seeds, maybe a slice of ham, some parmesan, sometimes garbanzo beans, and Ken's Lite Creamy Caesar dressing (the bomb dressing!) I also love love chicken caesar salads (with just croutons, tomatoes, red onion and parmesan on top). Or, the best salad of all...TACO salad. You can eat quite a bit of that if you do it right and get stuffed for not a crazy amount of calories. I will have to try your salad dressing in the bag trick.

Jennifer, it looks like you're making your goals really well!

Ok, so here's the deal. I snacked today. However, I did not binge. I took a little bit of a couple different things throughout the day and I didn't eat all of everything in sight. I feel really good about that. for the first time in a really long time I felt more in control and not so chained to the refrigerator or pantry. I drank diet today, and had no regular soda at all. I'm having an atkins w/ milk right now, and it's really like a treat.

I do need to get back to logging though so I can be really on point with myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.