Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Thread, March 30 - April 5: Bring on Spring! >

Motivation and Accountability Thread, March 30 - April 5: Bring on Spring!

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread, March 30 - April 5: Bring on Spring!

Old 03-30-2015, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation and Accountability Thread, March 30 - April 5: Bring on Spring!

Well, folks, March and Winter are almost in the rearview mirror. It won't be long before the daffodils and tulips are bursting forth, full of energy and sunshine. Ready? Of course we are!

I don't have any inspirational quotes (sorry!), so let's just go!
Old 03-30-2015, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

No big changes this week. Just a few tweaks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (March 30 - April 5):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: No reason to change this one.
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): It was 1500, but I've been constantly blowing past that. Time to raise the bar.
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: No reason to change.
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: This is a struggle. I haven't gone under 15 yet. Need to keep trying.
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: Another struggle. It's had to up the fiber without getting loads of extra carbs.
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Net Carbs = under 130: Yet another struggle.
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: I tend to like protein items, but the ones I like best are married to sat-fat *sigh*
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times: As a notoriously picky eater (my list of "don't likes" is far longer than my list of "likes"), it's a big stretch for me to try new foods, but I love doing research and learning new (and often quirky) things. Explore! challenges me to expand my horizons. And it's fun!
Old 03-30-2015, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

The sun is shining, the temps are going up....it's going to be a great week!!!

Here are my goals:

7 day average calorie count deficit of 500
7 day average exercise 30 minutes a day
7 day average for step count: 10000 a day
water intake - 70 ounces a day

Last edited by JenniferP1; 03-30-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

*Whew!*

Ok, I have a few minutes here; let's see if I can catch up on some comments. This post will be long (and for me, that's saying something!).

Hope: Yep yep about the fiber gummies being "tough on the tummy". I made the mistake of chowing down on 2 servings the first day. Not my best nutrition decision. True, it brought my fiber intake up for the day, which is a positive, but let's just say I had a hard time mingling with polite society for the remainder of the day . Now I understand why the experts recommend gradually increasing fiber. So sorry to hear you're still having to deal with the fibro. That stinks. I was hoping that, perhaps over the years, it had settled down (does it ever just go away?). I hope you're feeling good today.

Jennifer: How wonderful that the family is on board and supportive. That's a BIG help.

Debbie: Hi there! Hope you're feeling better! And I hope this week is a bit more settled for you than last week was. Thanks for starting the new challenge!

Lisa: Sounds like the bag business is really taking off! Woohoo! With regard to the hummus recipe, I've never tried avocado either (hehe amazing I got so big with such a limited palate!). It would be a double challenge for me to try it! Good for you for going to the seminar. Options are a good thing and researching all your options is really smart (even if the presenter wasn't the sharpest). With regard to your husband, I hope his comments were mostly empathetic and supportive. Sounds like he's trying .

Vicki: Goodness, BIG drop, 2 pounds. Way to go! I'm sure it was a pleasant surprise to try on the Easter outfit, too! I'm glad to hear the GB issue has settled down. An upset GB can be such a misery.

Lynda: I like what you said about "dieting" vs eating "normal". I'm trying my best to make this current way of eating my "new normal". Of course, I've said that in the past (many, many times), but I'm hoping this time, it sticks (pffft I've said that in the past, too!). Good job stopping after 3 mini-donuts. You satisfied your sweet tooth without over-indulging. Tough to do, but you did it! Booyah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I *think* I got everyone (if I missed someone, it wasn't intentional). Something I found interesting, after reading through the last 3 days of comments, is how many of us smoked AND, more importantly, how many of us smoked during the same period of our lives. We all started around age 12-14 and all quit around age 24-27. And we're all here, struggling with weight management. That says something. I'm not sure what, but something. Someone should commission a study!

Have a great day/week, peeps!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, here we go:

Spring Camp starts Wednesday, so that means less activity for part of the day. What camp accepts 55 year olds as campers? Camp NaNoWriMo.

Attending a wedding on April 4

Fellowship and Brunch on April 5

Ongoing sewing projects:
  1. Jordik Hood (Linen)
  2. Irish Hood (Wool)
  3. Haversack
  4. Viking Apron Dress
  5. Linen Underdress
  6. Wool Cloak

This week goals:
  1. 8,330 words by April 5th
  2. Be mindful of sodium count in foods at wedding reception
  3. Be mindful of sugar content of brunch foods
  4. Walk on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
  5. Work on getting water intake back up
  6. Finish at least one sewing project
Old 03-30-2015, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

My goals this week:

• Don't binge or over-indulge
  • More water, less soda
  • Very little in the junk food arena
  • More Atkins w/ milk when hungry

I was feeling pretty good there for a bit, and when that happens it's very common for those with mental illness to stop taking their meds. Even though I logically know this is a big mistake, part of me still hopes I'm miraculously cured and don't really need them anymore. I didn't take them for 4-5 days. I came to my senses last night, filled up my pill box and took my meds. It might have been too late bc I'm not feeling up to par today. Quite low actually. Stupid me.

Having BBQ chicken sandwiches and potato salad for dinner tonight. We rarely have potato salad, and it would normally take all my willpower not to eat too much, but I didn't buy a lot and somebody in this house already got their spoons into it. Now we may not even have enough for dinner.

Living in AZ sucks, and I wouldn't if I had a choice. Not even April and it's already 97F out there. NOT a good thing.

I hope everyone's week is started off on the right foot.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
*Whew!*

Hope: Yep yep about the fiber gummies being "tough on the tummy". I made the mistake of chowing down on 2 servings the first day. Not my best nutrition decision. True, it brought my fiber intake up for the day, which is a positive, but let's just say I had a hard time mingling with polite society for the remainder of the day . Now I understand why the experts recommend gradually increasing fiber. So sorry to hear you're still having to deal with the fibro. That stinks. I was hoping that, perhaps over the years, it had settled down (does it ever just go away?). I hope you're feeling good today.

Have a great day/week, peeps!
Epi, if you want to laugh until you cry, read the Amazon review on the Haribo sugar free gummy bears. I laugh every time I read it. Sorry the gummies gotcha. Definitely to be used in moderation.

Thank you for your compassion re the fibro. It doesn't go away but I have found ways to deal: 1) warm weather. DH agrees.
2) better diet, which brings me to some small weekly goals...

Last edited by canary52; 03-31-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

It's a weird week: job interview, visit with cousin recovering from major surgery, holiday. That being said:

1) best healthiest diet possible
2) don't sweat the small stuff
3) stretch
4) weigh in with friend for challenge (Thursday)
Old 03-31-2015, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Annette: Camp sounds like fun (yes, I looked it up )! I never knew such a thing existed. Is there any significance to 8330 words? Sounds like you have a busy week with so many activities. I'm hoping they'll all be fun!

Lisa: You are so right about the meds. I'm very proud of you for realizing that. I assume it'll take a few days for them to kick back in. Hang in there, dear. You're doing great. With regard to the weather, 97F in MARCH??? Yikes. Do you have AC?

Hope: On your recommendation, I skimmed through a bunch of Haribo reviews on Amazon. I'm pretty sure I found the one you were talking about -- was it the one about the little sister? Because that one was hilarious! Changing subjects, good luck with the interview!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (March 30 - April 5):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1269
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3899
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1279
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 15 *sigh*
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 21
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Net Carbs = under 130: 127
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 63
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Did some research on batwings, since it looks like I'll probably have them for the rest of my life. *sigh*
    • Monday: Tried a new brand of (low sodium) jerky, since the my usual brand was out of stock. A very good alternative -- not quite as tasty as my usual brand, but definitely worth another buy.
Has anyone tried matcha? I've known about it for a few years. I did some research on it when I was taking a Japanese class, but I never got around to actually trying it. That was back in the days when I thought of tea as a wimpy drink -- pffft I was a COFFEE drinker . Anyway, apparently, matcha is the new miracle health food for 2015 (move over kale, matcha is the new "it" girl). I'm seeing it touted everywhere. Have you tried it? Now that I'm a bona-fide tea drinker (I've only had 3 coffees in the past 6 months), sounds like this may be a candidate for this week's Explore!
Old 03-31-2015, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Epi, Ooooooh, yes! There's no way to live here with no AC. Mine's been on since the middle of February. I have it set at 78. Plus a ceiling fan AND a tower fan in my room. I HATE being hot! I have never heard of matcha. What is it? let us know what you find out in your Explore.

Hope, Good luck on your interview!!!!

Don't know what today has in store for me yet. I slept the better part of the last day and a half. I felt so exhausted, and I was so down I couldn't bear to face the world, so I stayed in bed as much as possible. Normally, 8-2 in the day is my sleep time, but today I'm awake. I woke up at about 2am, and I finished the pink camo purse. I think I might work on the 2nd Breast Cancer Awareness purse today too.

Last night I had a win when I took it easy on the potato salad. I don't know how much a serving is, and I don't know how much my ice cream scooper holds, but everyone got 2 ice cream scoopfuls... It looked like maybe a cup all together. The bbq chicken sandwiches were delicious too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.