Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Thread Mar 23-29....change the plan but never the goal >

Motivation and Accountability Thread Mar 23-29....change the plan but never the goal

Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread Mar 23-29....change the plan but never the goal

Old 03-27-2015, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) drink 6 glasses of water daily - didn't count but no
2) no oil except olive : no
3) low to no sugar: yes
4) throw out 5 pieces of paper or give away 3 items a day: much more; yes
5) clean up my house and my act! yes
6) rest when I need it; stop trying to "push through" and don't feel guilty: yes
7) no more binge eating. Be mindful: so so
Old 03-27-2015, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Pressed for time -- will come back later with comments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (March 23 - March 29):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1210, 1211, 1219, 1245
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 1500mL: 3826, 3961, 4028, 3957
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1166, 1216, 1288, 1312
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 15, 15, 15, 16 <--- boo hiss, wrong way
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 15, 16, 18, 20 <---highest ever!
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Net Carbs = under 130 (*NEW!*): 131, 127, 125, 128
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 57, 58, 61, 60
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Tuesday: Did some research on the effects of an ultra-low calorie diet (at 1100 calories per day on average, I wasn't *ultra* low, but was lower than I should have been -- working on correcting that)
    • Tuesday: In an attempt to bump up fiber without loads of extra carbs, I tried fiber gummies. I'm not a big gummy fan, but these were somewhat tolerable. 11 grams of carbs, 8 of which are FIBER (booyah!), made them even more tolerable. And, they only added 50 calories per serving. I can do this.
    • Wednesday: Did some reading about loose skin (not that I've gotten to that point yet) and how the speed of loss affects skin elasticity.
    • Wednesday: Did some research on hummus. I've never tasted it. Sounds intriguing and since I love chickpeas, this sounds like something I'll like!
    • Thursday: Bought AND TRIED the hummus with some baby carrots. Eh, not my style. But I DID try it, so that's a win. Back to lite ranch dip for me.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Debbie, I hope you feel better. Please do not worry (at least speaking for me) about sharing what's going on with you. Being in pain sucks (I don't have to tell you, I'm sure): so challenging, physically, mentally, emotionally. I am in a fibro flare now, went to FL and was doing great, came back to NY and weather and stress slammed me. Trying not to let it get me down. So let's send healing wishes back and forth!!!
Thank you Hope! I really needed to read a supportive post right about now! So glad you're posting again
Old 03-27-2015, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Done eating for today, so may as well get the update done while my phone charges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (March 23 - March 29):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1210, 1211, 1219, 1245, 1248
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 1500mL: 3826, 3961, 4028, 3957, 3960
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1166, 1216, 1288, 1312, 1318
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 15, 15, 15, 16, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 15, 16, 18, 20, 23 <---a new record high!
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Net Carbs = under 130 (*NEW!*): 131, 127, 125, 128, 130 <---whoops
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 57, 58, 61, 60, 60
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Tuesday: Did some research on the effects of an ultra-low calorie diet (at 1100 calories per day on average, I wasn't *ultra* low, but was lower than I should have been -- working on correcting that)
    • Tuesday: In an attempt to bump up fiber without loads of extra carbs, I tried fiber gummies. I'm not a big gummy fan, but these were somewhat tolerable. 11 grams of carbs, 8 of which are FIBER (booyah!), made them even more tolerable. And, they only added 50 calories per serving. I can do this.
    • Wednesday: Did some reading about loose skin (not that I've gotten to that point yet) and how the speed of loss affects skin elasticity.
    • Wednesday: Did some research on hummus. I've never tasted it. Sounds intriguing and since I love chickpeas, this sounds like something I'll like!
    • Thursday: Bought AND TRIED the hummus with some baby carrots. Eh, not my style. But I DID try it, so that's a win. Back to lite ranch dip for me.
Had half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich today, which was what pushed me over my typical daily calories. I really could have done without it, but it called to me. The good news, it was double-fiber, whole wheat, whole grain bread. The better news, it was absolutely delicious . Haven't had a PB&J in at least a month.

Have a good night folks -- see ya tomorrow!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:34 PM
FitDay Member

Epi, You're doing so well on your goals. You should be really proud of your accomplishments! I've tried hummus several times. I keep thinking that I should like it. I've tried different brands, plain and flavored, always the same result...ick. lol and I like chickpeas too! Good going on your goals. Even the ones in red are borderline.

Debbie,
How are you feeling? Is the pain easing up?

Hope, so sorry to hear you're having a fibro flare! My mom has fm and I know what it does to her. I second the motion to stop being the superhero and "pushing through" when you're tired. I can see how that may be necessary now and then, but when done regularly it can really do some damage. Be nice to yourself and let yourself rest and recharge.

Hi, Jennifer!

Tomorrow morning I'm going to a group seminar on weight loss surgery. I keep thinking this is the way i want to go in the not so distant future, and since it can sometimes be a long process going through all the hoops for insurance I'm going to start now. I can always change my mind if I become doubtful or unsure, but I want to get the ball rolling sooner than later.

We've had the same insurance through hubs' work since he's been with the union (maybe 9 years or so?) but he said that they may change from Blue Cross Blue Shield to Cigna. I'm a little concerned because I liked our coverage plan with BCBS. Lower deductible, no referrals or office copays. And once a couple years ago I called and asked if weight loss surgery was covered and they said it was. I hope it is with Cigna too. I don't do well with changes like that.

I've got orders for 4 more bags already. The woman who bought the pink one is now the envy of her friends. Two of them requested breast cancer awareness. There was only 1 fabric at the store that was BCA, so they will both have the same fabric. The trick is to make them unique by doing different embellishment styles on the front. I finished the first one yesterday and I love love love it. I hope I can come up with something equally as nice so one doesn't feel like they're getting the shaft.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:37 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, Epi, I just thought of something. If you like chickpeas too I have a recipe that IS good that is an avocado hummus with avocados and chickpeas. Let me know if you want the recipe. Good fats and lots of fiber!
Old 03-28-2015, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all, My back/hip is feeling much better. I'd love to know what I did to deserve that one! Sheesh! Nothing like waking up and your SI is seized. I'm sure it's age....pffft!

Had a rough week in more ways that one, but ready to put it behind me and forge forward! I'll be starting the new workouts (that I had planned to start this past week) Monday. I'm travelling over the Easter weekend, so I won't be able to follow the whole plan, but at least I'll get a few days in before we leave and I'll just pick up where I left off the following week.

Lisa - I love hummus!! I could eat the stuff straight from the container with a spoon....which I've actually done on many occasion...LOL! Glad to hear you're starting your research and support on your planned surgery. It's wise to be informed before making a final decision. How awesome that you're getting so many bag orders!!

Epixi - You inspire me with your gaol setting!! I'm going to follow your lead again this coming week and set out some weekly goals to aim for. It really does help me to stay in line!

Hope - Being in pain is so tiring...agreed! How are you feeling today? When you're in a flare, how long does it typically last? Hope you're having a good day toady

Jennifer - Sounds like you are doing very well hitting your goals. Good job!

As for the discussion regarding smoking, I too smoked from age 13-27. The winter before I quit, I got sick and came down with pneumonia. I was so darned sick, yet still dragged my sorry butt outside in the cold of a Canadian January to try to smoke a cigarette (I always smoked outside...never in the house). It hurt so bad, but I still smoked. At the same time that I was sick, a family friend became ill as well. My mother said he must have the same virus I had because his illness was also respiratory related. I eventually got better a few weeks later.....even though I smoked. He never did get better. Turned out he had lung cancer and had never smoked a day in his life. He was a plumber in the 70's and 80's and was exposed to asbestos. That summer, I married my husband in a small, intimate family only garden wedding. It was only our immediate family and we had also invited our family friend. His wife and daughter were able to join us, but he was too sick to attend. After the wedding and small reception, I went over...still in my wedding dress....to visit my friend. He wanted to see me in my dress That was the very last time I ever saw him. I felt tremendous guilt for deliberately ruining my health by smoking and watching his loving family lose their father and husband to an illness he couldn't have prevented. That was it for me. I quit smoking that summer and have never touched a cigarette since. That was when I gained weight. I had never weighed more than 110 lbs. but quickly gained to 128 lbs. and have yo-yo'd ever since. That was almost 17 years ago. I'm going to do my best to make this the year that I lose the weight AND keep it off!

Sorry for the long ramble
Old 03-28-2015, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hello and Hello! Warmer weather and sunny days have me feeling better but the pollen is not my asthma's friend! GB issues have quieted down for now. Can't figure out what triggered it or what stopped it either.
Tried on my Easter outfit and it's way bigger than I though it would be--it will just have to do. It was something I resurrected from the recesses of my closet that I wore years ago and don't think anyone will even remember it!
Down to 272.4 this week--that's a drop of a little over 2 pounds this week. I might not get to my goal of 270 by Easter but I'm sure gonna try!
Have a great weekend, folks! Vicki
Old 03-28-2015, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Went to the introductory seminar for the Lap Band surgery today. The lady who was doing the seminar was the finance person who gets approvals from insurance and works with getting it all paid for. She is a patient herself, having had a band put in several years ago. It was just "ok". She was a very annoying speaker. She had gum in her mouth and would crack her gum while talking. She would start a sentence talking about one thing, get sidetracked before the end of the sentence and would talk about something else. Following her train of thought was a little tricky. But it was a good first step. My BMI was off the chart they inserted in the packet. Lovely. But not forever!

The good thing about it was when I got home. My husband, who is generally not entirely outwardly supportive, asked questions and said, "The main thing is I want you to be happy. I want you to be happy with yourself and feel good about yourself." That sounds like a really wonderful, empathic thing to say, but I kind of had to laugh inside a little. He was using my words back at me. My libido has been less than none for quite a while and I say a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm not happy with myself and I don't feel good about myself. He wants these things for me so I give it up more often. lmao. But, truly, he did sound genuine, which was nice.

Debbie, glad to hear your pain has eased for you. Heartbreaking story about your friend. So sorry to hear about people who suffer like that through no fault of their own. Moving motivation for you to stop, and I'm glad you never looked back.

Vicki, you're almost to your Easter goal. Even if you don't quite get there, you are so close I'd call it a win.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Thank you Hope! I really needed to read a supportive post right about now! So glad you're posting again
So glad if anything I post can be of any benefit to you. Wishing you well always. [[[HUGS]]]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.