Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Thread Mar 23-29....change the plan but never the goal >

Motivation and Accountability Thread Mar 23-29....change the plan but never the goal

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread Mar 23-29....change the plan but never the goal

Old 03-25-2015, 05:13 PM
FitDay Member

Epi, I really didn't notice that I had a problem with taste or smell when I was smoking, so it didn't seem any different when I stopped. I do notice that my car, hair and clothes don't stink any more.

Debbie, I'm so sorry for you. Don't rush back to your routine too soon that you may just reinjure yourself.

Lynda, yes, baby steps are all I can handle. I did manage to not go out the door to get a milkshake. I did, however, eat too many Ritz crackers instead. I'm unbearable to myself!

I've got nothing positive to say today about my progress, so I will just give you all an encouraging hug.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
HOPE!!!

(((hug))) (((hug))) (((hug)))

When I first saw the screenname Canary52, I said to myself, could it be??? Then I read the post and saw the signature. It's you! How've you been? Good to see you .
Hey Epi!!! Great to see you!!! I've been fine, riding the roller coaster that is life lol. Good to be back. How are you, my dear?
Old 03-26-2015, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Midnight. Wide awake as usual. This is the danger zone because I want to eat everything. I'm asking myself the following questions:
  • Am I bored?
  • Am I anxious?
  • Am I thirsty?
  • Am I depressed?
  • Or am I truly hungry?
The answer is all but the last one. No, I'm not truly hungry but I am so fighting the urge to go down and eat eat eat. Was thinking peanut butter and celery...multiple peanut butter and celery. Then I was thinking, "I wonder if Nutella and celery would be good?" I'm thinking a Poptart sounds gourmet right about now. I could dig in to the loaf of French bread down there. ugh. Please, brain, stop obsessing over food!!!

Hi Lisa!!! I am so with you on this!!!!! I've got to ask these questions and the answer will be the same as yours. I must stop this madness which brings me back to specific goals.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Time for me to get real ( never too late)

Goals:
1) drink 6 glasses of water daily
2) no oil except olive
3) low to no sugar
4) throw out 5 pieces of paper or give away 3 items a day
5) clean up my house and my act!
6) rest when I need it; stop trying to "push through" and don't feel guilty
7) no more binge eating. Be mindful.

Welcome Jennifer!!! The above list is "old school." How we used to (and still sometimes) do it.

Last edited by canary52; 03-26-2015 at 03:33 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I'm not happy that you deal with some of the same issues as I do. On the other hand, it's good to know that I'm not alone and that there's understanding and support out there (and right here).

I was up all night (since about 8:30 last night...it's now 8:30am). I ate leftover chicken/rice/broccoli/cheese stuff. I drank an Atkins w/ milk. This morning, which in my world is kind of like dinner time, I was absolutely starving. All I could find was hot dogs. I had two, and I'm still famished. I've been taking sips of soda throughout the night, but I'm at least happy to report that I drank 1/2 liter of water in the last little while and have another liter on my desk next to me. Oh, and I also had a 2nd go on the last little bit of leftover dinner a little while ago (it was only 4 or 5 bites worth that was left).

WIN!!! Oh, I forgot I did this. I went to Walmart at 5:30am. I was thinking about all the good yummy things I could get to eat. mini powdered donuts were high on the list. But I walked out of there with only what was on my list.

Another WIN!!!! After I dropped Sara off I really wanted to go to the McD's drive thru and get a sausage egg mcmuffin. and apple pies. and a soda (large). But I didn't; I went straight home. I wish I felt better about those two good things I did, but all I can think about is the two hot dogs that weren't good for me.

Also, they say it takes the brain 15-20 minutes to realize you've eaten and that you're full. I ate those two hot dogs an hour ago and my brain never realized I ate or something because my stomach is growling and I'm truly hungry. Two hot dogs on buns should be enough, but it doesn't appear to be and that's discouraging.

Hope you all have a good day reaching your goals!
Old 03-26-2015, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hope: Life on my side has roller-coastered, too, since last time we spoke. Not good and bad, just here and there and extremely frantic. Good frantic, though. Unfortunately, as so often happens, weight crept back on. Anyway, love your list! And yes, my list is "old school" too .

Lisa: You said you have "nothing positive to say" about your progress, but I do. You are still here! When most folks would have given up and given in, you've been dugging down deep and keep plugging away. You have been facing challenges with a strength that I bet you didn't know you had. I admire your tenacity -- I know things are going to work out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (March 23 - March 29):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1210, 1211, 1219
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 1500mL: 3826, 3961, 4028 <--- woot woot!
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1166, 1216, 1288
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 15, 15, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 15, 16, 18 <---highest ever!
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Net Carbs = under 130 (*NEW!*): 131, 127, 125
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 57, 58, 61 <---Nice!
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Tuesday: Did some research on the effects of an ultra-low calorie diet (at 1100 calories per day on average, I wasn't *ultra* low, but was lower than I should have been -- working on correcting that)
    • Tuesday: In an attempt to bump up fiber without loads of extra carbs, I tried fiber gummies. I'm not a big gummy fan, but these were somewhat tolerable. 11 grams of carbs, 8 of which are FIBER (booyah!), made them even more tolerable. And, they only added 50 calories per serving. I can do this.
    • Wednesday: Did some reading about loose skin (not that I've gotten to that point yet) and how the speed of loss affects skin elasticity.
    • Wednesday: Did some research on hummis. I've never tasted it. Sounds intriguing and since I love chickpeas, this sounds like something I'll like!
Things are humming right along here. No complaints. I think I've gotten into the groove (much better than getting into a rut ).
Old 03-26-2015, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, I am glad you listed the positive things, like not getting those donuts and Mc'Ds. Even though I ate too much yesterday, when I did not give into some urges they went away. Also for me, sugar and certain carbs kick my appetite into overdrive. And quitting smoking (so good) does tend to increase appetite but that goes away.

Epi, I am glad it has been "good frantic." And YAAAAAAYYYY for old school!!!! You're doing really well with it. Hummus is wonderful. I love it with carrots and red pepper strips. Be careful with those fiber gummies; they can be tough on the tummy. I love the groove vs. rut.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Epi, thank you so very much for such positive encouragement and reinforcement. I really do appreciate the thought you put into that. Yes, I am still here. I may be down, but I am NOT out.

Hope, sweets trigger my appetite. Oh, how I love them so!

I've been gaining weight this week. I need to get back to the business of calorie management now that I've gotten past my huge binge attacks and am now on smaller ones. I'm creeping back up to my highest weight, and that has me down. I'm going to keep up the fight to get back down to it and keep on ingraining some positive habits into my head.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

Ahhh. Finally I can sit and catch up. This week has been a tad stressful. Deadlines met and I am pleased with the work. Whew. I have tried to stay within my calorie goal. Stress eating got the best of me. Each day I was over, some days more then others. I did stay mindful of my exercise and water intake. I was successful on each of those goals.

One positive. Tonight.....at dinner of course, the family discussion was how mom can better deal with stress without chocolate and how can we help. Not sure where it will go but it is nice to know they support me.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I hope you feel better. Please do not worry (at least speaking for me) about sharing what's going on with you. Being in pain sucks (I don't have to tell you, I'm sure): so challenging, physically, mentally, emotionally. I am in a fibro flare now, went to FL and was doing great, came back to NY and weather and stress slammed me. Trying not to let it get me down. So let's send healing wishes back and forth!!!

I was a soda drinker but gave it up altho every now and then I slip and have some diet soda. But I know it soooooo bad for me that I make myself stop. DD is home and has it in the house; I have to just ignore it. Bought some flavored seltzer. Drinking more water: that is my challenge. I take tiny baby sips; my family makes fun of me. But I know I am always dehydrated and feel better and lose more weight when I drink water.

I smoked from age 12 to 26. I quit when my Dad died as a tribute to him. He quit when my Mom died of a heart attack when I was 12 (He said, "You lost one parent; you shouldn't lose two.") He smoked 4 packs a day. I figured it he could do it.... I tried to take up running but didn't stay with it. I gained some weight, I think, but it was worth it. My weight has always gone up and down.

Now due to crappy weather, feeling crappy, I have been eating nonstop; weight is going back up. A friend of mine has an online weight loss or maintenance challenge going and I might join just for motivation.

Last edited by canary52; 03-27-2015 at 01:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.