Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Thread Mar 23-29....change the plan but never the goal >

Motivation and Accountability Thread Mar 23-29....change the plan but never the goal

Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread Mar 23-29....change the plan but never the goal

Old 03-24-2015, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

I am a newbie to the weekly accountability. I am hoping that this is the motivation I need. I can relate to a few of these posts! I am hoping with the nice weather (sorry to those who still have snow) I can get outside and start to change up my routine. I have a bad case of the winter doldrums!

The idea of getting motivation from the different periods is neat.

I completely understand wanting to stop drinking coke. I struggled with that for a long time! I went from coke to diet coke to sprite zero to water. Occasionally I still really want sprite zero but it is not easy to find where I live so that helps. When the cravings get really bad, I use True Lemon lemonade in my water....doesn't completely stop the craving but it helps.

This week, I am going to work on getting in all my exercise time and also staying in my calorie intake goal. I have some deadlines this week that are causing me a little bit of stress.....going to work hard to avoid stress eating!!!
Old 03-24-2015, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa: I'm an ex-smoker, too! Smoked all through high school. Most of us did; that's how we spent lunch and study hall (we were allowed to smoke outside on school grounds back then). Interestingly enough, that's also when I was at my lowest weight (I'd been "the chubby kid" all though elementary and Jr. High). Once I quit, all the childhood weight came back, accompanied by a whole bunch of additional weight. Ugh. It has been decades, and dozens of pounds, since my last cigarette but I haven't regretted the decision for even one day. I hope you don't regret your decision, either.

Beth: I echo what Lisa said -- please share some info from your class when/if you can.

Annette: Pillaging Sears. That gave me a chuckle!

Bea: All shoveled out? Bet you can't wait for Spring. It's close. I saw my first robin a few days ago. And a brilliant bluejay.

Debbie: I agree with you about changing course. Mixing things up, keeping it fresh, trying/learning new things, that's what is helping me to keep plugging along. Have you had a chance to try out the new DVD yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (March 23 - March 29):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1210
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 1500mL: 3826
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1166
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Net Carbs = under 130 (*NEW!*): 131
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 57
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
Not a bad start to the week. One thing I've decided. If I don't get the bulk of the calories in before 8pm, I'm just going to give up for the day. Last night, I realized I hadn't had eaten enough, so I ate more than I usually do, just to meet calorie quotas. It was good stuff (chicken, broccoli, brown rice), but I felt uncomfortably full afterwards. From here on, I'm going to try to not force calories if I'm already full. I'll need to eat more during the day so I don't have to load up at night just to meet quota.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Jennifer! You posted while I was composing my post, otherwise I'd have said Hi earlier Welcome to the circle!
Old 03-24-2015, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
Debbie: I agree with you about changing course. Mixing things up, keeping it fresh, trying/learning new things, that's what is helping me to keep plugging along. Have you had a chance to try out the new DVD yet?
Unfortunately no. I woke up yesterday morning with my SI joint seized. Not sure what I did to cause that? I went to the chiropractor this morning so hopefully it starts to feel better by tomorrow maybe? My neck and back are an ongoing problem...but I try my best not to let it hold me down for long
Old 03-24-2015, 06:04 PM
FitDay Member

Not a great day, but I'm not going to complain too much. I make my decisions, good and bad, and I have to live with them. Good dinner, bad snacks.

Welcome, Jennifer!

Epi, I didn't really gain much weight when I stopped. I was already fat! I smoked for a total of 20 years. Started when I was 12, doing a pack a day by 18. They were only $1/pack back then, lol. Got hypnotized when I was 21, started again when I was maybe 33. 2nd time I quit i did it with Chantix and had not a single withdrawal. Expensive, but it sure did work! I am thankful I made the decision and was able to pull it off. After several years I still have a permanent light wheeze when I'm winded. My husband, a non-smoker, and my kids are so grateful that I quit. Like I said, I just dream about it and it gives me a subconscious fix of sorts, but when I wake up I'm really glad it was just a dream.

Debbie, so sorry to hear you've got an injury!!! I hope the chiropractor works for you and you're back at you're routine quickly.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!
Welcome Jennifer!

The sun is shining, and even though it is below freezing, snow is SLOWLY melting.
Our banks might be down 8 inches in the last 2-3 days, at this rate, they will be gone by June!!
Old 03-25-2015, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Jennifer. I am a bit of a special case. I am a writer and working myself up to an April 1 start on a medieval novel.

Synopsis:
Gafne hails from Ireland where he is accused of impregnating the wife of one of the clan leaders. He didn't do it, but without proof, he is exiled to a set of islands North of what we know as Scotland. There he sets about proving his accusers true with the women of the villages. Finally, he takes it too far and is banished to the monastery on a nearly unreachable island.
Gavriila comes from Norway with her people. Their goal is to colonize the islands. The people already inhabiting the land either flee, be killed, or submit to slavery. Monks do not fetch a very high price, so they are left alone, but she is intrigued by one man. If only she could see him up close. Perhaps he is old and weak. But there is no way onto the island where he lives. The cliffs are too steep to climb and yet somehow they managed to get there.

Back to real life:
Rain here. My cats were outside for 15 minutes and came in soaked through. I have to work outside today.
Oats for breakfast today, and root vegetable soup for lunch. Dinner tonight is fish with rice.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie: I had no idea what a SI joint was, so I googled it. Yikes, if one of those thing hurt, ow ow ow ow ow! Hope it's feeling better today.

Lisa: Has your sense of smell improved since you quit? Mine has. In many ways (passing by a garden), that's a good thing. In many others (passing by a bathroom), not so much .

Bea: Sounds like you're going to go straight to Summer. No Spring at all. On the plus side, it'll be July before the grass gets tall enough to require mowing .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (March 23 - March 29):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1210, 1211
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 1500mL: 3826, 3961
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1166, 1216
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 15, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 15, 16
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Net Carbs = under 130 (*NEW!*): 131, 127
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 57, 58
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Tuesday: Did some research on the effects of an ultra-low calorie diet (at 1100 calories per day on average, I wasn't *ultra* low was lower than I should have been -- working on correcting that)
    • Tuesday: In an attempt to bump up fiber without loads of extra carbs, I tried fiber gummies. I'm not a big gummy fan, but these were somewhat tolerable. 11 grams of carbs, 8 of which are FIBER (booyah!), made them even more tolerable. And, they only added 50 calories per serving. I can do this.
I tried to get the bulk of my eating done earlier in the day yesterday. As a result, I didn't need to load up in the evening. It was much more comfortable. My Average Calories have been creeping up and that's a good thing. I hope the scale decides to cooperate with this new scheme.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Mid week everyone. Glad I had some time to catch up on all the posts.

Welcome to the new faces - this has been a great thread to keep me motivated and encouraged.

Bea- I can't wait til Spring here either. They are calling for snow again tomorrow and I have been really struggling this winter.

Epixi- I tried a fiber powder that you could mix into food. It has no taste and you can mix it into anything but hot liquids. I used to add it to my yogurt for breakfast. Give yogurt another shot - I don't care for the greek yogurt, but they now have so many flavors and textures. I really liked the orange whipped.

Annette - I love to read and especially those set in historical times. I think it is so cool that you try to get into the period.

Debbie hope you are feeling better. I love your thread this week. I was just thinking that I have been eating the same thing every morning for almost a month and I went to make it Monday and just couldn't even look at it. lol
I have been toasting a low-cal English muffin with some peanut butter. I keep it at 300 calories but thinking now of switching to oatmeal for a while.

Lisa - I am so sorry on the setback for your insurance. I too am taking baby steps and it is one day at a time. Sometimes even one meal at a time!

I had a pretty busy weekend but managed to stay on track and did not gain so really hoping to be down by Friday!
Old 03-25-2015, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

hi all I swear I feel like a broken record (or a broken woman I should say ) with the amount of times I complain about my neck and back. It's been an ongoing issue for as long as I can remember. At the moment, it's wearing me down, but the second I feel the slightest bit better I'll be back at it! Hopefully that's soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.