Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 16-22....Make a plan >

Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 16-22....Make a plan

Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 16-22....Make a plan

Old 03-20-2015, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hehe Annette: You must be my long-lost sister or our moms were cousins, or something. My mother also drilled it in my head that cottage cheese was diet food (seriously, you mean it's not??? ). Maybe that's why I can't stand the stuff to this day.

Since you're packing a lunch AND since breakfast must be on the road AND since breakfast must include an egg, could you possibly boil and peel some eggs tonight and throw them in your bag tomorrow morning? Good for you for bringing the soup for the potluck. That way, YOU can control the ingredients and you'll also know there's at least one thing you can eat and still be true to yourself. Soup is filling, too.

Lisa: Fantastic news!!! Woohoo, we're all doing the happydance for you! I know it's been tough for you recently, but you've been strong and you've hung in there. You should be very proud of yourself!

Last edited by episode2011; 03-20-2015 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Removed dancing banana gif because, given the subsequent developments, it no longer fit the mood.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

My will to keep trying is being shot to pieces. I was told this morning that my Medicare Part B was going to start April 1st, and then this afternoon they called and told me I can't get in until General Enrollment July 1st. I'm just devastated. I'm not doing well on my own and was really really really looking forward to getting some professional help. Doesn't look like that's going to happen now for quite some time.

And I gained weight this week. I know I said I was focusing on changing my choices before worrying as much about the numbers, but I really thought I was going to at least maintain.

Double whammy today. I think I'm going to go to bed early and call it a day.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:04 PM
FitDay Member

I'm so sorry to hear about the delay, Lisa. What a disappointment, especially after you've waited so long.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, party people! It's the weekend!

I imagine the board has been quiet because of the repeated log-offs. This is getting highly annoying. This is my second attempt to post this post. If Fitday doesn't do something to solve this soon, people may just give up on the site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (March 16 - March 22):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1200, 1210, 1218, 1208, 1238
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 1500mL: 3423, 3417, 3417, 3556, 3623
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1118, 1012, 1001, 978, 1029
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 14, 14, 14, 14, 15 <---whoops
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 15, 15, 16, 16, 15 <--- wrong way
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 56, 56, 56, 57, 58
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Tuesday: Did some research on sat-fat
    • Thursday: Did more research on stevia (been using it for the last month or so) and on carbs. Will probably tweak the strategy next week as a result (keeping the stevia, dropping, but not eliminating, the carbs).
    • Friday: Did some research on what differentiates Greek yogurt from regular yogurt and also the process by which yogurts are made.
My challenge for today is to finally try that Greek yogurt I bought last week. Frankly, I'm not looking forward to it. I don't like sour/tangy things and I have a feeling that's where Greek yogurt fits on the spectrum of tastes. I don't do cheese, I don't do sour cream (sour = spoiled, doesn't it?), I don't do anything with curds (looking at you, cottage cheese), and nothing fermented (sounds like a polite way of saying "rotten"). Based on what I read about yogurt and Greek yogurt, it doesn't look likely that I'll like it.

I know it's partially a psychological block, but I'm worried that it'll make me gag. I tried regular yogurt once waaaaay back in middle school (all the popular girls ate yogurt, it was the "in" thing, and since I desperately wanted to be one of the popular girls...) and found it to be simply DREADFUL. Yet, I know millions, if not billions, of people adore the stuff. I just don't think I'll be one of them.

But, in the spirit of adventure and expanding horizons, I'm going to give it a go this afternoon. Or at least that's the plan right now. Wish me luck!
Old 03-21-2015, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Epixi-I hear you on the log offs! I sent a message to fitday admin. Hopefully, they will address the issue soon.

Lisa-my heart goes out to you girl! I've had issues with depression, off & on, through the years and it can be tough. But the more you share with supportive people, the better (until you can get in for some one-on-one). There is a free website called happify. I know it sounds silly, but it does give some great suggestions. Of course, exercise helps too, as does watching sugar intake. One day at a time.

This has been a good week all in all. I'm pretty much focusing on behavior rather than results since that's what gets me where I want to go.

Flossing: 5/7 nights - improvement
Veggies: averaging 4/day - improvement
Fruits: thumbs up
exercise: thumbs up (when you work in a gym, there's no excuse)
Yoga: will hit 2 sessions as soon as I log off
Logging data: thumbs up
Forum: would be more improved if fitday had issues corrected, but still considering I haven't been participating a months, better.
Clothes feel better

There was a lady on here a few years back, Cassie, whose signature line read "IF YOU DROP AN EGG, YOU DON'T THROW THE REMAINING 11 FROM THE CARTON." All or nothing thinking is a set up for failure. I occasionally need to remember that. Life is too short to give up or beat up on yourself.

I get one & 1/2 days off per week, so I'm going to log off and enjoy the down time puttering. Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 03-21-2015, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Beth: Nice work this week! Hope you've enjoyed (are enjoying) your time off.

As for me, I got up the nerve to go try that Greek yogurt. I was at the sink (in case things went bad) and had a bottle of water at my side. I steeled myself and slowly peeled back the lid.

Things went downhill from there BUT not for the reasons you might think.

When I peeked inside, there was some sort of pale yellow fluid on top of the yogurt. Given that this is essentially my first exposure to yogurt, I wasn't sure if the liquid was supposed to be there or not. Maybe the stuff just needed a good stirring. Something, however, told me to check the expiration date. Sure enough: March 14. This stuff was a solid week past due. Ew. Of course, out it went, without a taste.

The most troubling thing is, I think I bought it on March 14. Shouldn't it have a longer shelf-life? Or did the supermarket goof?

In any event, I tried to try yogurt and that counts for something, right? To use Lisa's phrase, it's a win in my book.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, Epixi, its a win!
Old 03-21-2015, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

It's late and I doubt I'm going to eat any more tonight (I better not!), so I may as well update now.

My Strategy for the Week (March 16 - March 22):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1200, 1210, 1218, 1208, 1238, 1243
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 1500mL: 3423, 3417, 3417, 3556, 3623, 3691
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1118, 1012, 1001, 978, 1029, 1068
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 14, 14, 14, 14, 15, 15 <---2 days in a row, not good
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 15, 15, 16, 16, 15, 16
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 56, 56, 56, 57, 58, 57
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Tuesday: Did some research on sat-fat
    • Thursday: Did more research on stevia (been using it for the last month or so) and on carbs. Will probably tweak the strategy next week as a result (keeping the stevia, dropping, but not eliminating, the carbs).
    • Friday: Did some research on what differentiates Greek yogurt from regular yogurt and also the process by which yogurts are made.
    • Saturday: Tried to try the Greek yogurt but it was past its expiration date, so I couldn't. But I tried to try .
Old 03-22-2015, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Steeped in history and historical facts. I learned that when there was no fuel to burn for cooking, they probably used goat dung. Imagine open air cooking with that to flavour your food.

On that note, I was second choice for best potluck offering. Or rather the most authentic. I made a soup with lima bean (supposed to be fava beans), carrots, onion, parsnip, tomato, celery, vinegar soaked garlic, rosemary and pepper. Oh and instead of a more modern day rice or pasta, I put in whole oats.

I spent most of my day asking questions, mostly about necklaces. Every Viking seems to wear them. At the end of the day, I got one of my own. It was a gift from the Baron and Baroness.
I also got some wonderful inspiration for future novels.

Most impressive though is that the mead was not brought out till the evening meal. These people were serious all day and about getting the work and duties done, then just as in a Viking community, they spent the evening hours regaling one another on the victors of battles past. You could just about put yourself in the past with the rustic interior, a chill running through the walls, and the sturdy wooden tables with plain worn benches for seating.

I didn't take near enough pictures, but I was constantly afraid to ruin the whole thing with the flash of my camera.

With all the walking (all within barns so I couldn't track it) and eating like a Viking, I lost 3 lbs. Although I know I was retaining water big time yesterday.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Annette: Sounds like a blast! I love going to immersion-based events, be they living history museums or Renaissance faires or whatever. Congrats on getting 2nd place for your soup. Sounds delicious (I'm assuming you cooked it with modern-day fuel)! Is that a recipe you've made before?

And, with regard to the 3-pound loss, yippee! Water or not, a loss is a loss, and a 3-pound loss is a BIG loss, so booyah !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.