Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 16-22....Make a plan >

Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 16-22....Make a plan

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 16-22....Make a plan

Old 03-18-2015, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I didn't get a chance to do an accountability check in last night. I ended up feeling ill at the movies, so when I got home I went to bed. As a result, my calories were again on the low side as was my protein. Not sure why I was feeling off again...I feel fine again today and did get up to do a workout before work this morning. It's already Wednesday though so I need to step it up if I want to hit my workout goals for the week!

Weekly Goals
track food daily: M-yes, Tu-yes
72 oz. water daily: M-72 oz., Tu-80 oz
max. 1430 calories: M-995, Tu-1033
min. 90 g protein: M-75 g, Tu-85 g
max. 180 g carbs: M-123 g, Tu-91 g
3 full body workouts:Tu-yes
3 - 30 min. HIIT workouts:W-yes
4 - 30-45 min. steady state cardio:

Last edited by lildebbieg; 03-18-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Bea - Good to see you back! You are not alone in losing and regaining...I'm soooo with you! I kick myself...if only I had taken the time to learn how to maintain I wouldn't be at the starting line again. No way to fix that but lose it again and try once again to maintain. Big breath...we can do this!

Lisa - I looooooove the bag you made! The patterns and colours are so nice! Kuddos on staying on track during your all nighter

Vicki - I hope they get to the bottom of what's causing you pain/nausea quick! Going for all those test is no fun!

Beth, Annette, Epixi, Pranava - **big waves**

Have a great day all!
Old 03-18-2015, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Debbie!! Let's do this!!
Old 03-18-2015, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Quick accountability check in.

Exercise so far so good
6 veggies/day...not so easy! Prep is everything & life is busy. This goal is going to take some time. 4 servings has been my achievement so far. Its a process.
3 fruits good.
Flossing good
logging good
checking in here, good.

Planning seems to be a perfect goal!

For those who are sick: please be kind and patient with your body (I know that's easier said than done). There are a few stubborn viruses out there right now.

Be well all!
Old 03-18-2015, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Bea, is that a recent picture? You look good.

I came to my own realization yesterday after walking yet another 2.5 miles. I have come a long way. Not necessarily weight wise, because I have gained some back, but health wise.

On March 17, 2014 I walked 2.5 miles, resting under the guise of stretching every 1/15 of a mile. I wore a back brace to keep from falling over in pain and put my feet up every night hoping the puffiness would subside before morning when I had to put my work boots on again.

On March 17, 2015 I walked 2.5 miles, resting every 1/2 mile just because the animals can only do there thing so fast. I am taking pain killers, but they are for a toothache. In the evenings I am out doing other activities. Granted my baby toe hurts from being squished a little in the work boots, but nothing a band-aid can't cure. Oh and I did ice my left foot last night due to an old injury.

But now I'm just being nit-picky.

Three more days of this.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Annette

Thank you, and yes it was taken about 2 weeks ago!
I'm still rockin and lovin my grey locks

I think I'm aging pretty OK

I shovelled for 2 solid hours on Monday (and it wasn't even MY place, I went to rescue a friend) I live in an apartment, so my landlord does snow removal. The bank the snowplow pushed up in her driveway was taller than me!! But I managed to get it all moved! The hardest part was WHERE to dump and all I could do was throw it up higher. There is NO place to put snow anywhere, except UP!

We have just hit the 500cm mark for this winter............. Think about that.

100cm is about a 3 ft........

Oh, and we are in the midst of a storm at the moment!!
Old 03-18-2015, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Pressed for time -- I hope to get time later to come back and comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (March 16 - March 22):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1200, 1210
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 1500mL: 3423, 3417
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1118,1012
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 14, 14
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 15, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 56, 56
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Tuesday: Did some research on sat-fat
Over the last four weeks, according to the Fitday reports, my average calories have been 1188 and my average sodium has been 1240. I've been eating (mostly) clean and drinking plenty of water/tea. So why am I GAINING? I gained another half pound since yesterday. Basically, in the past 3 days, I've wiped out everything I lost since mid-February. Through NO FAULT OF MY OWN.

If I'm going to gain weight, I should at least have had the luxury of enjoying it. Gaining under these circumstances (eating rabbit food) is insult to injury.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Epixi - So frustrating when you're doing everything 'right' and the scale isn't cooperating! There could be many things that are causing the scale to stall. From some recent reading I've done, the body does everything it can to maintain homeostasis. If you are only eating 1100 calories daily on average, then your body will learn how to survive on 1100 calories. This is why we often read that when starting out on a 'diet', we shouldn't start out with our calories too low. If you start out too low, when you reach a plateau, it makes it more difficult to progress and leaves you no options but going even lower. My suggestion, rather than drop your calories any lower, start adding in exercise and increase the duration over time so you're burning more calories.

Hang in there! I'm sure we can all sympathize with the dreaded plateau!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

This business of getting logged out all the time is really annoying!
Old 03-18-2015, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone - Happy mid- week and so glad I got a chance to catch up.

Vicki and Debbie - hope you both get to feeling better. It is difficult to stay on track when you are not feeling well.

Annette- I love animals and I am sure they bring some joy. It is hard work and from your look back to last year it seems you have come pretty far.

Lisa- great job in kicking that binge beast. I always do better when I have a plan and good healthy food in the house.

Epixi- love that you use the new word strategy. I need to get back to my original strategy as I have been slipping a little.

Pranave - I am stealing your word also and need a reboot. Was doing so well but this week has seemed to stall out.

Beth - so glad to "meet" you.

Bea- your new pic looks wonderful.

I think this was the perfect thread for this week. since I have lost 15 pounds total so far, I guess I slacked off and have not been logging and truly watching this week. I have maintained but if I want to hit my Easter goal then I need to kick it in high gear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.