Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 9-15...Consistency

Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 9-15...Consistency

Old 03-13-2015, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

I forgot to put in the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
PinkGreenPolkaDot1b.jpg (26.1 KB, 4 views)
PinkGreenPolkaDot2b.jpg (99.5 KB, 5 views)
PinkGreenPolkaDot3b.jpg (94.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-14-2015, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

So it's the weekend again already. We stayed home last night which was a change and not prepared so ended up ordering pizza but only ate two slices thin crust and as I only had a diet sandwich for lunch and no snacks was under my calories. I know it is not the healthiest choice but learning to incorporate foods and control portion size will help in maintaining this for life.
Before, I would have ate at least double the amount. Today is grocery shopping so will stock up on some healthy items for the week.

Debbie - I looked at the creamer I use and it lists at 20 cal per tbls so fitday may be high on the cream. I will continue my love of my first cup of the day!

That brings me to Epixi and the nutrition labels. I wholeheartedly agree that they need to be upgraded and overhauled. The serving size is so misleading if you are not careful. Something that you think is single serve and look at calories and they seem low - but look again and container is 2 servings.

Annette - great job on the loss - keep working hard and sticking to your plan.

Vicki - I like to keep my goals small also because I have such a long way to go and if I don't break it down then I get overwhelmed and feel like I will never get there. I also know it will take longer as trying to not just "diet" but to learn to eat for the rest of my life. I lost weight before and put it all back on because I went back to old habits.

Lisa- purse looks so cute. If you have any local craft shows or flea markets you could also try selling them locally. I talk to myself also - great way to self motivate. I use motivational quotes that I found online and tell myself that I will look and feel better in a month or week or today than that cookie or snack will taste this minute. sometimes it just pulls you thru until the temptation passes. Glad I'm not the only one -

So weekend - here we go! Got extra sleep last night so that should help overcome this time change - feel so much better today
Old 03-14-2015, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all! I didn't get a chance to check in last night...personal family stuff had me out of town for the evening...so updating my goals for yesterday. I had another great day keeping my goals in plain sight.

Weekly Goals:
track food daily: M-yes, Tu-yes, W-yes, Th-yes, F-yes
72 oz. water daily: M-104 oz., Tu-88 oz., W-80 oz., Th-128 oz., F-88 oz.
max. 1430 calories: M-1426, Tu-1419, W-1398 Th-1484, F-1485
min. 90 g protein: M-97 g, Tu-112 g, W-90 g, Th-101 g, F-106 g
max. 180 g carbs: M-142 g, Tu-167 g, W-95 g, Th-105 g, F-121 g
2 upper body workouts: M-yes, Th-yes (Goal met!)
2 lower body workouts: T-yes
4 - 20 min. HIIT workouts: - M-yes, Tu-yes, W-yes, Th-yes, F-yes (Goal met!)
4 - 30-45 min. steady state cardio: M-30 min, Tu-30 min, W-45 min., Th-75 min. (Goal met!)

Lynda - The creamer I use at home is only 10 calories per tablespoon. The calorie count I found for the coffee I was drinking was from the company's own website, not fitday, so I'm sure it's accurate! Crazy eh....a medium coffee with 2 creams to be that high! Thank goodness my creamer is not that high....love my coffee and cream first thing in the morning Great job on only having 2 slices of pizza! That's a win! Absolutely agree that there no problem enjoying all types of food, but keeping portion control in mind which is exactly what you did! Good job lady!

Lisa - So proud of you!!!!!! I know you've been struggling lately, so I hope you are very proud of yourself!!! Great job talking yourself out of unnecessary calories! Your custom bags are soooooooo nice!! WOW!

Epixi - Thanks for the vote of confidence buddy I really am trying my very best! I always have to watch the smiles I put in a post.....I always go over!

Annette - Those miles are racking up quickly! Thanks for sticking in the mile challenge with me....looks like we are the only two left?

Have a great Saturday all!
Old 03-14-2015, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all Just checking in for the day to report on my weekly goals. I'm over on my calories today....but probably not nearly as over as I normally am on a weekend. Honestly, I've never tracked a weekend so I have no idea...but I did do relatively well today so I'm happy. I even got in my planned workout! Sure is quiet around here on the weekends....nothing but crickets chirping Hope everyone isn't checking in because you're all too busy having fun!

Weekly Goals:
track food daily: M-yes, Tu-yes, W-yes, Th-yes, F-yes, Sa-yes
72 oz. water daily: M-104 oz., Tu-88 oz., W-80 oz., Th-128 oz., F-88 oz., Sa-72 oz.
max. 1430 calories: M-1426, Tu-1419, W-1398 Th-1484, F-1485, Sa-1618
min. 90 g protein: M-97 g, Tu-112 g, W-90 g, Th-101 g, F-106 g, Sa-92 g.
max. 180 g carbs: M-142 g, Tu-167 g, W-95 g, Th-105 g, F-121 g, Sa-112 g.
2 lower body workouts: T-yes, Sa-yes (Goal met!)
4 - 20 min. HIIT workouts: - M-yes, Tu-yes, W-yes, Th-yes, F-yes, Sa-yes (Goal met!)
4 - 30-45 min. steady state cardio: M-30 min, Tu-30 min, W-45 min., Th-75 min. (Goal met!)
Old 03-15-2015, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Folks,

I'm a veteran fitday member (since 2002) coming back to pay closer attention to my nutrition and I know that having online support and accountability works if we are consistently checking in.

I didn't have time to read all the posts on this thread, so I'll catch up with you as we go along.

I am:

turning 57 this month
new empty nester (though feeling the college exp. pinch )
a personal trainer for 8 years working at a franchise gym with busy, erratic schedule
married for almost 38 yrs.
have no legitimate reason not to get exercise in
not really "over-weight" but feel like I need to reel in some bad eating habits not just to look decent but also for health reasons
have a sugar jones!

I look forward to giving and receiving support here and getting to know you all. Happy Sunday!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Beth! Glad you decided to join in on the Motivation and Accountability thread! A new one starts up every Monday morning, so be sure to watch for that sand post on the current weekly thread.

Happy to have you here!
Old 03-15-2015, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Final check in of the week. I wasn't perfect...but I didn't strive for perfection...I strived for the best that I can do consistently and I think I hit the ball out of the park! On to the next week

Weekly Goals:
track food daily: M-yes, Tu-yes, W-yes, Th-yes, F-yes, Sa-yes, Su-yes (Goal met!)
72 oz. water daily: M-104 oz., Tu-88 oz., W-80 oz., Th-128 oz., F-88 oz., Sa-72 oz., Su- 72 oz. (Goal met!)
max. 1430 calories: M-1426, Tu-1419, W-1398 Th-1484, F-1485, Sa-1618 Su-1528, close but no cigar
min. 90 g protein: M-97 g, Tu-112 g, W-90 g, Th-101 g, F-106 g, Sa-92 g.Su-61 g close but no cigar
max. 180 g carbs: M-142 g, Tu-167 g, W-95 g, Th-105 g, F-121 g, Sa-112 g., Su-65 g. (Goal met!)
2 lower body workouts: T-yes, Sa-yes (Goal met!)
4 - 20 min. HIIT workouts: - M-yes, Tu-yes, W-yes, Th-yes, F-yes, Sa-yes (Goal met!)
Old 03-15-2015, 03:59 PM
FitDay Member

Ow ow ow ow ow!!!

I sailed through Friday the 13th, made it past PI day (math joke -- March 14, 2015 = "3.1415") none the worse for the wear, but tonight, I was clobbered by the Ides of March. Was boiling water for tea (see, I was trying to do the right thing). Moved too fast and splashed boiling water on my hand. That made me jerk, which splashed a whole lot more on my hand . Instinct made me drop the whole thing on the floor. Thank goodness, I was simultaneously fast enough to jump out of the way.

I held the hand under running cold water for a good 5 minutes (not sure which is worse, boiling water or ice cold water). Put more water on to boil and held my hand under cold water while waiting. Even now, a good hour later, it's still smarting. I imagine there will be a nice sized blister or two by tomorrow.

Proof: Healthy eating is hazardous!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Goals for the Week (March 9 - March 15):
  • Calorie Cycling -- have at least 1 High day (A=Average Day, H=High Day): A, A, A, A, H, A
  • Minimum 1500mL water/tea per day: 3417, 3462, 3417, 3417, 3433, 3427
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1182, 1142, 1138, 1122, 1224 <--- woot woot, finally got 1200!, 1200<---just barely hanging on (1200.8, to be exact)
  • Explore! Try something new or learn something new (nutrition-wise) at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Did some research on something, but I forget what... I guess that doesn't really count ((edit: I remember what it was! I did research on pee colors (how could I forget that???), so I guess it DOES count -- yay!))
    • Wednesday: Did some research on nutrition labels.
    • Friday: Learned something new about Fitday's posting policies (emoticons/smilies are limited to 4 per post)
    • Friday: Trying to get the nerve to try Greek yogurt. Step one accomplished today -- bought a single container of Greek yogurt (haven't tasted it yet, though, give me time)...
Old 03-15-2015, 04:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Beth! Nice to meet you!

Debbie, you did such a great job on your goals this week! good for you!

Epi, ow is right! I burn myself on the oven all the time (have a burn on my hand tonight too), and it hurts for quite a while when you do it. Hope the tea was worth it!

I had something close to miraculous happen today. After I did the grocery shopping I was hot, sweaty, tired from walking and pushing the cart, and I didn't feel at all like cooking. Jeff said to take $20 off his desk and grab some McD's for everyone. I went to the drive thru and without even having to convince myself, I just plain didn't want anything. Nothing sounded good, and I really wasn't all that hungry. More thirsty than anything. So, yeah, I went through the drive thru for dinner and got nothing for myself! I will admit, I've had some soda today, but making it thru mcd's was a big win.

Also, I did not buy any junk food at the grocery today. All I bought for snacking was Cheez-its and Ritz crackers. But, I DID get strawberries, bananas, halo mandarins and apples. Oh, I did get nutella...kids love that stuff. I know I'll be kicking myself later when I'm craving and there's nothing to eat. I really want to make myself have an atkins w/ milk whenever I start really craving like crazy. The atkins w/ milk is kind of a lot of calories, but I want to get OUT of the habit of grazing, and the shakes are healthier in vitamins, minerals, fiber and protein than chips or candy or drive thru.

Also, another thing I realized this evening was that I have not had, nor have I been craving, chocolate shakes from mcd's! I was getting one every single day. Now it's been at least a couple weeks since I've had one. BIG WIN!!!

The only other thing I bought for snacking sometimes is rice. I know rice is not the healthiest, but it fills me up super well and I'm not hungry for a long time after having it.

Hoping this week coming up will be a good for me. I've been bad on the soda, but good on other things, and I'm looking forward to doing better each day.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Beth! Welcome back!

Debbie: Fantastic job on the goals!

Lisa: You're right -- you had a lot of BIG WINs in these past few days. Especially with the self-discipline you showed going through the drive-in. So proud of you! And thanks for the sympathy on the hand. It still hurts but so far, no blisters, just redness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finishing up the week...

My Goals for the Week (March 9 - March 15):
  • Calorie Cycling -- have at least 1 High day (A=Average Day, H=High Day): A, A, A, A, H, A, A
  • Minimum 1500mL water/tea per day: 3417, 3462, 3417, 3417, 3433, 3427, 3417
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1182, 1142, 1138, 1122, 1224, 1200, 1213
  • Explore! Try something new or learn something new (nutrition-wise) at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Did some research on something, but I forget what... I guess that doesn't really count ((edit: I remember what it was! I did research on pee colors (how could I forget that???), so I guess it DOES count -- yay!))
    • Wednesday: Did some research on nutrition labels.
    • Friday: Learned something new about Fitday's posting policies (emoticons/smilies are limited to 4 per post)
    • Friday: Trying to get the nerve to try Greek yogurt. Step one accomplished today -- bought a single container of Greek yogurt (haven't tasted it yet, though, give me time)...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.