Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 9-15...Consistency >

Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 9-15...Consistency

Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 9-15...Consistency

Old 03-10-2015, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Taylor - Welcome!

Epixi - I'll have to give the Yogi Energy Tea a try. I've tried a few green teas, but have found them somewhat bitter. The blueberry sounds yummy...but I steer away from anything that sounds like a 'diet' tea...they usually have you running to the bathroom....hence the weight loss! I have two children, 7 & 8 and I work full time.....so uneventful is usually a good thing in my books

I'm off to a strong start this week. I was happy that when I worked upper body yesterday that my neck and shoulder felt good. I'm a wee bit sore today, but a good sore...the kind that says I had a good workout but didn't overdo it It's supposed to be +9 C today!! Woohooo!! Spring is in the air!!

Weekly Goals:
track food daily: M-yes
72 oz. water daily: M-104 oz.
max. 1430 calories: M-1426
min. 90 g protein: M-97 g
max. 180 g carbs: M-142 g
2 upper body workouts: M- yes
2 lower body workouts:
4 - 20 min. HIIT workouts: - Mon - yes
4 - 30-45 min. steady state cardio: Mon - 30 min, Tues - 30 min
Old 03-10-2015, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

Greetings! We're back home from 3 beautiful days on the Mississippi Gulf Coast: pets are all back from boarding, clothes washing, suitcases unpacked and purchases put away--yep, we did some shopping. I was able to catch some fantastic sales. I had a really 'wild' moment for me--I bought a polka-dot bra just because it made me smile! And to find a 'pretty' bra in my size on the store shelf felt awesome. Food-wise I stuck with only grilled meats, salads, veggies and a little raw fruit. The weather was wonderful and we did plenty of walking.

Epixi: I know green teas are healthy but when I brew them at home, something evil happens to them--they turn yucky and bitter!

Debbie: I love that 'almost sore' feeling that lets me feel just how my muscles work during movement. I have this aversion to the word 'exercise', but prefer to call it 'structured movement'--LOL!

Laundry beckons--I be back later! Vicki
Old 03-10-2015, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Back to log my weekly goals

Weekly Goals:
track food daily: M-yes, T-yes
72 oz. water daily: M-104 oz., T-88 ox.
max. 1430 calories: M-1426, T-1419
min. 90 g protein: M-97 g, T-112 g
max. 180 g carbs: M-142 g, T-167 g
2 upper body workouts: M-yes
2 lower body workouts: T-yes
4 - 20 min. HIIT workouts: - Mon-yes, Tues-yes
4 - 30-45 min. steady state cardio: Mon-30 min, Tues-30 min

Vick - Welcome back! Sounds like you had a nice vacation and kept your goals in mind! Great job lady! I like that you splurged and bought yourself something fun
Old 03-10-2015, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, everyone. Omg where does the time go? It's Tuesday already???!!! The kids are on spring break, so I have nothing in my life to keep track of the days. over the weekend and yesterday as well there was no good food in the house. I put off doing the shopping, and ate badly with what I could scrounge up, plus getting a little of this or a little of that while out and about. We were out of milk yesterday and last night I was starving. I wanted oatmeal so I tried making it with water. Oh, lordy it was so disgusting! It was like eating paste!!! I threw it away and had 2 pb&j's on hamburger buns. Yes, I know, not 1, but 2!

Now that birthday weekend is over things should get back to normal.

Annette, coming up with a new recipe every week is a good idea. I know I was in a rut with my family dinners a while back, and cooking and dinner became a dreadful for me. However, when I discovered Pinterest my whole outlook on cooking changed. If you don't already go to Pinterest, I suggest you give it a try. It is the most amazing free cookbook on the planet. You can go to the drop down, select Food & Drink if you want to see the general things, or you can do a search in the search bar, for example Chicken Recipes or Low Calorie Dinners or Gluten Free Recipes or whatever. You'll be amazed at what you can find on there.

Debbie, looks like some strong goals for the week. Love the dancing lamb!

Vicki, "structured movement"! bahahaha! good one. You go girl in that off the shelf polka dot bra!!!

I'm sorry I can't remember who was talking with me about minneolas? They were on sale this week for 87cents/lb. I got 3 lbs (7 medium sized ones), and I can't wait to give them a try. What are they supposed to feel like when lightly squeezed? Some were more firm than others. Some were very soft, but didn't look spoiled. I went for middle of the road.

To keep myself occupied and for "art therapy" I've been sewing tote bags and simple purses with flaps. I've been playing with all kinds of colors, combinations of patterns, textures, experimenting with adjusting the pattern measurements. It's been a lot of fun. I've been posting them to Facebook (I've made 4) and someone wants to buy one already! nice. I think when I have more on hand I'll open an online shop with Etsy or something and see if I can self-fund my hobby. It's been very relaxing, and i don't eat while I'm busy with my hands and mind. hmmm. what a concept. UPDATE: Just got my first custom purse order!

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 03-10-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Lisa,
I usually do a search for ethnic foods with certain ingredients. Rarely use pinterest though. My family has several food challenges.
DH and DS are fussy
I have a few food allergies
If my grandkids are coming over, they have more food allergies, all opposing mine and each others.
I try to avoid my oldest daughter coming over because she has food sensitivities and she's fussy.
Only my twins will truly eat anything.

One day, when I am living all alone, I am going to have scented candles, salad as the only course at a meal, plain rice for breakfast, and pancakes for dinner if I feel like it.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Vicki: Glad you had a fun vacation! In addition to everything else, congrats on the NSV of being able to buy the polka-dot bra off the rack! With regard to the tea, I know what you mean. Some brands are more bitter than others, and no amount of sweetener (no matter what kind you use) can help them. Some have a funky aftertaste, too.

Debbie: Good job on the goals. Keep it going!

Lisa: For all my life I've only had oatmeal made with water. I thought that was the only way. Never heard of making it with milk (although I sometimes put milk on after it's cooked). By the way, I was the one who was chatting about minneolas. Nice find at $.87/pound -- when I got them, I think they were $.99. I just saw your update(s) -- Congratulations on the purse order!!! That's HUGE!

Annette: Just last week, I had plain brown rice for breakfast for a few days. No salt, no butter, just rice. And it was fantastic, much more fulfilling than I thought it would be. I will definitely do it again (next time I make a big batch).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

My Goals for the Week (March 9 - March 15):
  • Calorie Cycling -- have at least 1 High day (A=Average Day, H=High Day): A, A
  • Minimum 1500mL water/tea per day: 3417, 3462
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1182, 1142 <---boo, wrong direction
  • Explore! Try something new or learn something new (nutrition-wise) at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Did some research on something, but I forget what... I guess that doesn't really count ((edit: I remember what it was! I did research on pee colors (how could I forget that???), so I gs it DOES count -- yay!))
Feeling a tad grumpy today. My body and the scale are NOT cooperating . Ok, I know I had a naughty item on Monday (but was only about 100 calories over my typical day) and again on Tuesday but come on. One can't be strict 100% of the time, nor should one have to be. There should be some wiggle room, some grace, without getting whacked over the head with a gain. Why is it that it takes me a week (or more!) of serious deprivation to lose 1/2 pound but less than 24 hours to gain? Grumble grumble...

I haven't gone back up to the plateau (thank goodness, or you'd really see the Mad Cat come out!) but I'm inching up closer to it. NOT going in the right direction.

*sigh* Ok, rant over. I think...
Old 03-11-2015, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

I just wanted to share some news. Jeff (dh) has been out of work since the middle of September. Our savings is nearly gone. Today, FINALLY, he was able to get onto a job (he's an electrician with the union). He doesn't know how long this particular job will last but it's with the same contractor that has the airport job and $70m worth of work going on/coming up. So, if he does a good job (and he always impresses on every job), then they should keep him and just transfer him to other sites as needed. I am grateful and thankful and relieved!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa: Great news about Jeff. That has to be a relief. Fingers crossed, it'll turn into something more.

Also, I was thinking more about your purse project. If you think you might actually want to turn it into a bonafide business, have you considered Kickstarter? Or perhaps GoFundMe? Although I think GoFundMe is more for short term issues... Anyway, something to consider, to get some start-up money for supplies and whatnot.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Evening check in

Weekly Goals:
track food daily: M-yes, T-yes, W-yes
72 oz. water daily: M-104 oz., T-88 oz., W-80 oz.
max. 1430 calories: M-1426, T-1419, W-1398
min. 90 g protein: M-97 g, T-112 g, W-90 g
max. 180 g carbs: M-142 g, T-167 g, W-95 g
2 upper body workouts: M-yes
2 lower body workouts: T-yes
4 - 20 min. HIIT workouts: - Mon-yes, Tues-yes, Wed-yes
4 - 30-45 min. steady state cardio: Mon-30 min, Tues-30 min, Wed.-45 min.

Lisa - So happy to hear things are going well for you and Jeff!!

Epixi - Hope you day turned around. I'm staying off the scale because the fluctuation has been getting to me. I'm hoping that by posting my weekly goals here and doing the best I can, the scale will cooperate. I'm literally afraid of the scale now!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Mid week to all - some catching up to do with everyone. Love reading all the posts and getting all the great advise - and a few laughs

Annette - love the idea about the new receipes. It seems I am now getting in a rut also and relying on the same things that have been working but I will have to branch out and try some new things to keep it interesting.

Debbie- I love coffee and in the past always drank it black so never worried about the calories. Then I "tried" flavored cream and am hooked. I do log it but have to have one cup with cream. At work then I drink one black.

Epixi - I do also like tea and try different varieties. I have two other "tea buddies" and when we find something new we bring a few bags to the others to try. That way we can all try different teas without buying all the time. Do you have any friends who like tea? Each buy one box and then we swap

Vicki- welcome back - glad you had a good time. Wear your polka dots with a smile!

Lisa- Great news about Jeff! I use pinterest some but will have to check it out further for some new receipes. thanks for the info.

Someone at work actually noticed at work and commented that I had lost weight! This was so wonderful because I see them everyday so thought it would take longer for someone to notice. Makes me super motivated to finish the week strong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.