Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Feb. 23 - Mar. 1.....progress, not perfection! >

Motivational Thread Feb. 23 - Mar. 1.....progress, not perfection!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Feb. 23 - Mar. 1.....progress, not perfection!

Old 02-25-2015, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I think I'm dealing with an injury again....my shoulder and neck still hurt. I did chiro, massage, heat and Epsom bath yesterday. I'm working from home today so I have heat on it again. Hopefully this subsides quickly so I can get back on track with exercise. In the meantime, I'm staying on point with food so I should still be able to make some progress.....but maybe just not quite as much. Thanks for the sympathy I'm running behind schedule today...had to take my daughter to an eye appointment this morning, so I have to run...I'll try to get back later to catch up with everyone!
Old 02-25-2015, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

It'll probably take me a few days to associate screen-names with signature names, so if I goof, please forgive -- it's not intentional . By the way, you can call me "Epixi" or "Pixi" or "Epi"; whatever's easiest for you, I'm not fussy. I know "Episode 2011" is a lot to type out, so I shortened it to EPI (for Episode) and XI (Roman numerals for 11).

LHall: Good job on the extra set of stairs!

Roxy: You're 100% correct -- one night WON'T undo everything you've done so far. As AZLisaLou said, great attitude!

Terry: Those first couple of weeks/months are exhausting! Not surprised you're tired, but it's a good tired, I'm sure. Glad to hear things are progressing well. Great job on the goals this week!

Rainbow: An excellent reason to sleep in! Soooo what's the book?

Debbie: Bleeeh -- injuries stink. Hopefully it won't take too long to get you back to 100%.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My Goals for the Week:
  • Calorie Cycling* -- 4 low days, 3 high days: L, L
  • Minimum 1500g water/tea per day: 2450, 2450
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1016,1183

Something is working. Not sure what, but not gonna question it. I hit a new low today -- 184.5. Bam, hopped off the scale before it could change its mind

Still struggling with the nutritional balances. Average Protein is still too low for my satisfaction, average Sat Fat is too high and average Fiber is WAY too low. On the plus side, Average Sodium is perfect!

Today is supposed to be a High day. It's going to be a challenge, because I want it to be a New Normal High (not an old-normal High, filled with Sat Fat and Sodium).
Old 02-25-2015, 08:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I managed to get in a workout. I did 60 minutes on the bike...only thing I can do that doesn't bother my shoulder right now. I hope it heals quickly because I really don't enjoy the bike! Proud to push forward and keep my goals in sight.

Epixi - I've often thought about trying calorie cycling but never really gave it a good go to know if it would work for me. I'm currently contemplating carb cycling.

Annette - What are you reading that kept you up late?

Terri
- I think the worry of being a parent starts the moment of conception. From what I hear...it never stops. On the plus side, men with gray hair often look handsome

Lisa - Hi! How are you doing?

Roxy - Theme of the week 'progress, not perfection'...and you're so right, one night of indulgence isn't going to undo 21 lbs. of progress! I second Lisa's notion, great attitude

Lynda - Great job on getting in an extra set of stairs!

Pranava - How are you doing with cutting back on wine? I'm proud to say that in 3 weeks, I've only had wine once! Think of the calories I've saved!

Have an awesome evening all!
Old 02-25-2015, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

I got up and went to work anyway. I have read two novels in the past few days. One was a romance based in WW1 time and the second was based in WW2.

WW1 - A Passion Most Pure followed sisters, one a journalist and the other a snotty teen bent on making her older sister suffer because of supposed favoritism during early childhood.

WW2 - With Every Letter follows an air force engineer determined to not follow in his murderous father's footsteps and his anonymous pen pal flight nurse "friend" who just doesn't belong.

I like history.

At work, I made a deal with a couple of hunters. Next time they come out they are going to let me fire a shot. It may not come to any more that just holding a rifle because I just never have before.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hello to all of you! Greetings from the soggy South!

Terri: Congrats to you and hoping you have a wonderful pregnancy! I remember being so excited to see my developing baby on every new sonogram! Hugs!

Annette: I love reading and recently read a great book 'Ruth's Journey'--it is the story Mammy from' Gone With the Wind' and was approved by the Margaret Mitchell foundation.

Debbie: Hope you feel better soon.

Today's my birthday--I've had diet Coke, chicken and chocolate--all's right in my world!

At a funeral I attended recently, a story was related about the deceased saying that when asked how he was doing, he replied that he was 'moving forward'. Here's to all of us meeting our goals, keeping a great attitude and 'moving forward' remembering it's 'progress, not perfection'! Vicki
Old 02-25-2015, 05:54 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I'm checking in a couple times a day, but I'd rather just lurk for now.

I love everyone's positive attitudes. Keep up the good vibes, moving forward & making progress.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning fitday friends The day before weigh in and my scale is up. I'm thinking it's cycle fluctuations because even though I haven't worked out as much this week due to back/neck pain, I've stayed on top of my nutrition. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and have faith in the process....I know if I stick to what I've been doing, the scale will continue to move....even if that means at a snails pace

Have a great day all!
Old 02-26-2015, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Happy birthday Vicki!!!!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 02-26-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Birthday, Vicki. Have a seriously wonderful day.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Annette: I love a good romance novel, though I tend towards ones written in earlier centuries. I try not to think of them as bodice-rippers, but most people probably would The ones you read sound great, though!

Debbie: So sorry to hear about the shoulder - you're keeping up with it, and remember inflammation can make the scale go up, too. You have just the right attitude though. I also hate the stationary bike, the seats are AWFUL. Also, haha about DH, he actually started getting grey hairs when he was 24 or so, and he's only progressed from there, so I'm sure it'll just get exponential! I barely notice it and don't mind, but he hates it. It's funny, he's experienced far more outward worry than I have. Of course I worry, but I've also had this calm feeling basically the entire time, even considering my recent history. I'm very zen. I suppose that's better than being crazy stressed!

Pixi: Thanks! I hope your "high" day went well. It's hard not to go overboard. I always used to make sure I was spreading my high days out so I didn't overindulge on a big meal. Congrats on the new low!!!

Rosabella: Hugs back! I hope you're managing down there with all that crazy weather. Thanks for the congrats Looking forward to the next sonogram for sure.

Vicki: Happy birthday!!

As for me:

1) Continue to eat healthy, but do not count calories. Eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full M: yes T: Lunch was provided by work, which meant pizza. I probably ate too much, but I was hungry. I also ate a salad with it! And did not eat a cookie! W: Yes. I am trying to do more snacking between meals so I'm not ravenous all day.
2) Make sure I get in my water - 64 oz at least, more is better M: definitely over 72 T: 64 W: Not sure
3) Work out 20 minute DVD OR elliptical 30 minutes on low-impact at least twice this week M: not yet T: not yet W: not yet
4) Remember my vitamin M: yes T: yes W: yes

Yesterday was a pretty good day. DH made some mini chicken-pot-pies from scratch (including the dough/crust) and they were DELICIOUS for dinner, and very very filling. I'm trying to spread out my eating over the day; I'm usually not much of a snacker, but I bought some fiber bars, string cheese, and peanut butter cracker things to eat at work every few hours.

This baby is fairly polite overall in terms of symptoms, but I am HUNGRY. Nevermind nausea/morning sickness, I could eat a horse. That is definitely my major symptom so far. This is worse than when I first decided to lose weight and I had to adjust to eating fewer calories, this is non-stop never-quit-seriously-I-just-ate-why-am-I-starving hunger, lol. DH says this is how teenage boys feel all the time

I'm hoping to get to the gym this afternoon and do some walking on the treadmill or the elliptical. Not a huge fan of the dreadmill, but it's too cold to go for a walk outside and I want to make sure I start doing something mindful/intentionally.

Check in with you all later!

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.