Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - Feb. 16 - 22 - Try something new! >

Motivational Thread - Feb. 16 - 22 - Try something new!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - Feb. 16 - 22 - Try something new!

Old 02-18-2015, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Roxy: I am so sorry for the loss of your mother AND your day of mourning for her. You're probably doing a lot better than I would have done in a similar circumstance. It IS always so nice to walk - so cold here right now that I really can't, but I look forward to the day where I can walk for more than a few minutes without my cheeks getting windburned! Debbie's advice about the scale is spot on. Sometimes your body just holds onto that weight like no one's business.

Lisa: Thanks for the article! Maybe the cancer link is bogus after all But the other health benefits of NOT drinking aspartame are definitely worth it! Good for you for sticking to your guns.

Pranava: Great job on no donut! I totally had a donut on Tuesday... sigh...

Debbie: With you 1000% on resistance training being so important. When I'm working out regularly, I actually enjoy my weight days more than my cardio days. I'm usually sorer afterwards, but I FEEL better, like I actually did something. After cardio, once I've cooled down and washed off the sweat, it doesn't seem to linger as much!

Annette: I hope you enjoy your meet and greet then! It's still something new, right? How nice that someone noticed the change - that's always the best! And it must have been a little fun to get one reaction and then quite another, haha!

As for me: Still truckin', feeling a little less stressed every day that passes, which is good. I needed to tell my boss about my pregnancy today due to the way my job scheduling works (We're planning for the upcoming semester) and she was great about going over options for work with me. I am the main breadwinner, so taking an entire semester off would NOT be good for hubs and I, even though I'm sure he'd go back to working full time if he needed to.

I'm still feeling hungry basically all the time. Last night's dinner was not exceptionally nutritious, so tonight I'm going to be making sure we have a lot of greens and other veggies on the plate. A nice big salad would probably do me some good. Or maybe green beans. Or both!

~Terri
Old 02-19-2015, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all Not much new to report on today. Today workout is a total body strength/cardio interval workout. Love this format to get in the strength and cardio at the same time. The scale is still slowly moving down...but what's more surprising is the inches. At the end of the Easter Challenge, I'll share my inches lost. The scale is not the only way to track results! I've also started tracking body fat to I know how much body fat and how much muscle I'm losing while I'm in a deficit. I'm thinking that once I'm done my current rotation of interval workouts, I'm going to have a new rotation of heavy lifting ready. I'm even thinking I may go back to the gym a few days a week. I can do quite a bit from home since I've been exercising at home for many years...I've got a good base of equipment. However, if I'm going to start lifting heavier, it would be easier to go to the gym. I'll have to gauge this as I go...it is so much more convenient to workout at home!

Have an awesome day all!!
Old 02-19-2015, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

You're right Debbie, inches can make a difference.

I have not lost weight for some time, but people are making comments. Two days in a row I've had comments, and although Tuesday is was from people who hadn't seen me in a year, yesterday was from people who see me more often.

When they asked if I've lost more weight, I say "No, I'm just happier."
I am not saying that I am happier because I lost weight, I am happier because I have decided to live this year. It's attitude.

And...

Probably a little weight distribution. I wore a light jacket last night that just a month ago, didn't do up and the sleeves were tight. Now the jacket does up, although it pulls a little, but the arms are loose.

Today, after piano, I am off to work on the farm.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Annette - Great NSV being able to wear your jacket with ease! A happy disposition and confidence are very attractive on a person. Sounds like people are noticing!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! Only Annette and I checked in today! Where is everyone?
Old 02-19-2015, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, doesn't it feel great to have your weight loss and confidence show to people? Nice!

Debbie, way to keep your exercise going. Can't wait to hear about your inches lost.

As for me, my diet is sh!t, but my ban on diet soda is going very well, for the most part. I haven't had any since I first decided to quit it. I'm feeling very dehydrated though. My tongue and mouth are always dry. I don't like the water even a fraction as much as the Sprite Zero, and I find that I am drinking waaaaay less than I was on the soda. I guess I just have to get used to it more and remind myself to keep drinking, even if I don't like it.

I've been gaining and gaining. a lot. So angry at myself for not having more willpower. I'll get it right soon, I hope. I need to apply the same determination I have for getting off diet soda to eating within limits. I don't know what I'm going to do to not feel hungry all the time. Haven't quite got that figured out yet. But I'll figure out something.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Trying to stay motivated? Here is what helps me:

Hello everyone, I am a mother of two angels who are now grown. Since I’ve turned 40 my weight has sky rocketed! I’m now almost THE BIG 50 so I am always searching for healthier choices.

Create a plan:
I know this sounds simple, but for me I was a procrastinator and once I wrote it down I felt a huge weight taken off my shoulders. I didn’t have to think about what I was going to do. I just followed my plan of ACTION. Having an exercise routine and meal plan works wonders!

Stick to it:
Now this was my biggest challenge. I was scared I would be a failure. I wrote down what I wanted to accomplish then I made a motivational board. I know it sounds corny, but it really helps me. I put stuff like cut outs of a beach and a bathing suit I would love to fit into, cute outfits I would like to buy and I also included a few pictures of fit women my age. My favorite is motivational quotes as they inspire me to do better!

Make short term and long term goals:
Long term goals are great, but I’m the type of person who needs to see results sooner than later. Short term can be as simple as losing 1-2 pounds a week. Long term is fitting into my old pair of jeans that I hid in the closet!

Health:
What motivated me 10 years ago is so different than what motivates me now. Both of my parents have already passed away. Since I have become a grandmother my outlook is different. I want to be there for my grandchildren and I don’t want to be a burden to my children as I get older. I married my high school sweetheart and we started a family early in life which means we are still young enough to enjoy traveling, hiking and just being together. Having energy to play with my grandchildren is the best thing in the world!

I started a Facebook health page to encourage and motivate others along with sharing healthy recipes and fitness tips. I truly free this is the most rewarding thing my husband and I have ever done.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you get off tract don’t beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow is a new day and an opportunity to try again.

Hope this helps someone. I wish you the best on your journey to health and fitness.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

hey everyone- so much to catch up on. It's been a hectic week but sure enjoyed reading all the posts and catching up.

Great job Lisa in giving up the soda. I was addicted to diet pepsi for the longest time and gave it up about 10 years ago- now it tastes like cough syrup to me. Mostly I drink water or coffee ( two cups in the morning). My only other weakness is I usually have one or two alcoholic drinks usually with juice or diet 7 up a week.

Terri - so glad you have a Dr and staff that are so supportive. Glad for the most part that you are feeling well. Keep the stress down if possible! - lol

Roxy - so sorry to hear about your Mom, I lost my Dad this past year and those days can be very hard. I had to attend a memorial this week for a friend who lost his mother and they had a dinner afterwards. I was doing Ok, but then I saw the desserts and I ate my emotions again - cheesecake - my arch nemesis. but it was a small piece so not as bad as it could have been.

Annette and Libby - hope you both are feeling better. It makes it harder to do everything when you don't feel good.

Pranava - the pouch tuna should taste better but I'm still not a tuna fan- lol

Debbie- thanks so much for all you information and encourgament. Loved the info on losing fat and muscle. I still have not got motivated enough to do any real exercise yet. >>>

Except for my try something new - I was looking at the you-tube videos for some dancing and came across Shimmy TV. It teaches belly dancing- I did a half hour video and it was a lot of fun. At least I was up and moving - may not have been exactly how the screen showed - lol
Old 02-19-2015, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

It gets better. My piano teacher commented that I look great and I see her ever week.

The tooth is still bothering me, but I am managing. I should probably talk to another dentist this week and see if he can do something temporary for me. I start work on March 4 and can't take a day off until March 21, so I have to do something.

Lynda, belling dancing, oh my!

Lisa, way to go with dumping the diet soda.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hey all, thanks for all the kind words

I have been doing okay the last few days, getting in lots of exercise and eating well. I am trying to resist the urge to drink cider tonight though (I love a good dry cider)... my partner is working overnight shifts right now so I'm alone in the evenings, which I find makes me either want to snack or have a drink. I might bundle up and go for a walk instead, as a distraction... but it is C-O-L-D outside! Brrrrr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.