Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Feb 9-15 - You choose...medicine...or poison? >

Motivational Thread Feb 9-15 - You choose...medicine...or poison?

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Feb 9-15 - You choose...medicine...or poison?

Old 02-09-2015, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread Feb 9-15 - You choose...medicine...or poison?

Good Monday morning fitday friends I want to start us off this week with a positive thought. Life is full of choices and the choices we make are reflected in our quality of life.

Last week, I told you all of my commitment to no longer consume alcohol. I was successful in my commitment throughout the weekend and I feel proud of myself for making this decision and seeing it through! I think for the very first time since I started on this journey to health (over a year and a half ago!) this is the first Monday morning that I don't feel regret for the weekend indulgences and the first time my weight is lower on a Monday than it was on Friday weigh in day! I feel accomplished when I nourish my body, which I do often...but then would turn around and undo all the good I had done.

This week, I think we should all focus on making good choices that reflect our goals, nourish our bodies with healthy food and drink plenty of water. The results will come if we stay focused and committed!

Have a great week all!

Old 02-09-2015, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Great choice, Debbie.

I happen to be one of the fortunate ones in my family, having an allergy to alcohol (anything fermented). I thought it was only a mild allergy until I stopped breathing when faced with living with a drinker. I didn't drink myself and still had a problem. I also can't have vinegars and yeasts, although sometimes I cheat and pay for it in skin conditions.

My CHOICE this week is to eat my veggies. It is so much harder at this time of year when the best choices are canned and frozen. I am going to reach my goal by adding a salad each day. Given the above info, I will allow myself to use dressing twice through the week. Other than that I will just use a little flax oil or olive oil for dressing.

Salad recipe (serves 2)
1 tomato
3 " cucumber
2 slices sweet onion
1 small sweet pepper (red, yellow, orange)
1 small handful of baby spinach
equal size handful of lettuce

Chop in order listed, pushing ingredients together as you go. Chop together to mix.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Great choice for getting started. Super motivated this week - had a great weekend and was also down on the scale so not going to mess up this week.

Vicky- great non-scale victory - encourages me to try hard I need to get to my toes too- lol

Annette- if you like spinach try adding some Kale to your salad also. I ahve been reading about the health benefits and have been adding it my eggs, salads and the homemade veggie soup I made this weekend.

Here's to drinking more water and eating more veggies - my goal this week.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

I like my kale cooked. I have a great recipe which involves tomatoes and onions with homemade basil pesto.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Extra quiet for a Monday morning? Where is everyone?

Annette - Your salad sounds fresh and yummy!

Lynda - Woohoo! Here's to starting the week in the minus'!
Old 02-09-2015, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all,
My scale is going up instead of down and I don't know why. I did have the one high-cal day on Friday, but then the rest of the weekend was really good - within my calorie budget, water, movement. Oh well.
My exercise bike is not working again (it goes on the fritz sometimes), and I have SO MUCH work to do that is all sitting/desk work. Again, oh well. I can control what I eat and slip out for a walk if I find a good moment to break away.
I think I have to increase my intensity though. It seems like just walking and biking isn't cutting it anymore. Time to amp it up a little this week.

Mike - how did you do with last weeks goals? I didn't do that great. I took my vitamins maybe three times, and drank water but not the quantity I hoped. I'm trying again this week!

Vitamins, water, exercise, stay within calorie budget.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

I tried the elliptical for all of 2 minutes.
I think I'll just take pain killers and walk outside in the rain. Man, that's hard in a closed up room in the basement.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Annette - Agreed! The elliptical can be downright dreadful...but it can be a great calorie burn if you work hard. The only way I get through it is to play music that motivates me. Give it a try! Either way though, if walking is what you like, go for it! Hopefully the rain lets up soon!
Old 02-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Roxy, I didn't do well either. I think I took my vitamins for four days and did decent on water for the week. I never did get around to walking and I ate like crap all weekend. The scale was up again.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

I'm totally exhausted from my day dealing with legal stuff with my 24yo son. Glad I got to see him, but not under the circumstances. And it is sooooo stressful.

Debbie, your words are full of wisdom, as always!

Annette, I've never tried an elliptical but they look horrible!

Roxy, increasing the intensity will help, I'm sure. But don't worry too much about a fluctuation over a couple days. I have to remind myself of that all the time!!!

Lynda, good for you for being down and having a good week...here's to another one!

Mike, today is a new day!

I just wanted to mention that I got off my paperwork for getting put on Medicare Part B for 80% regular doctor coverage through my disability. I am one step closer to getting therapy for all my mental issues, but I really want help with my eating addiction. I'm looking forward to getting something going here soon.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.