Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Feb 9-15 - You choose...medicine...or poison? >

Motivational Thread Feb 9-15 - You choose...medicine...or poison?

Notices

Motivational Thread Feb 9-15 - You choose...medicine...or poison?

Old 02-11-2015, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

I've almost lost everything I gained last week. I'd like to be down another pound by Friday's Easter Challenge weigh in, but I don't know if that's possible. I have done very well with cutting out wine this week, and am feeling good about this. Also, I've gone out to eat 3 times since Friday, and have made super healthy low calorie choices each time.

What I find best about losing weight this time is that it's very gradual and the lifestyle choices I'm making to accomplish this are something I can keep up for the long term. No crash diet to be followed by huge weight gain as soon as I stop dieting. I think I am forming good habits that will keep the weight of permanently.

Right now I'm trying to resist eating my lunch before noon
Old 02-11-2015, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie: I've never tried Beano but thanks for suggesting it to me. Dark, leafy greens have always created tummy issues for me, especially if I eat more than just a few bites. I love them and it's difficult not to eat more than I can handle. In retrospect, I think my alcohol use was more a really bad habit/coping strategy than an addiction. I say than because letting go of alcohol was a lot easier than letting go excess food. Leaving alcohol alone became much easier after I changed my associates and lifestyle. Wishing you success on your journey! Great job on the early morning workouts--I'm a night person--I guess that's from working way too many 11-7's as a nurse!

Mike: You've encourage me to drink more water--I got over 100 oz yesterday! I also got a new exercise DVD to try later today!

Roxy: I set a long-range goal and posted in in Fitday--I have smaller short-term goals that I set personally to help me stay on track to my ultimate goal.

Annette: I had glamour shots done several years ago. Some of my friends thought they were nice but I thought I looked like a floozy with all that make-up! What I enjoyed most was the music they had playing in the background (Who's Your Daddy?), the costume props and all the laughter with the women that were there. We were all over 40 and having a blast doing this together! So, if you do the shots, have a good time doing it!

Yesterday I had my grandson for a while and then it was time to run errands. Even took a short walk, just to enjoy the beautiful weather! Vicki
Old 02-11-2015, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Mike: You've encourage me to drink more water--I got over 100 oz yesterday! I also got a new exercise DVD to try later today!
100 ounces should have you peeing clear.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Annette- you will be all decked out if you have pics done. You should do some yourself with you new boots and hat!

Mike- I drink from a glass at work that I fill in our kitchen, but I usually have bottled water at home or when I am out. I try to add a little lemon or lime.

Pranava- I try not to eat my dinner as a mid afternoon snack - lol

Vicki - isn't it fun having your grandson - so glad you got out to walk. Still nasty weather here.

Well so much for being down - went over on calories yesterday as I splurged for dinner, but still down overall so I will not beat myself up- it is a new lifestyle and not everyday will be perfect.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

I did do one workout last night so halfway done. lol
Old 02-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

I find it much easier to get in my water, when drinking out of a bottle.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

When I'm home, I have a particular glass I drink out of because I know exactly how many ounces it holds. When I'm out, I tend to gravitate to bottled water because it tells total ounces. Vicki
Old 02-11-2015, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

I worked out today for the first time in a few days. I was dying to get off the machine before 20 minutes was even up (I usually exercise for 45-60 mins). It wasn't that I couldn't physically handle it, but that I just "didn't wanna" (think little kid)

So I kicked myself in the butt... I gave myself a stern talking to, like "what do you want more? To go sit on the couch, or to lose this weight?" and "Would you really rather go home and sit than fit back into all those clothes in your closet?" etc etc... I buckled down and powered through my workout, finishing all sweaty and feeling good. I know I can do better, but I was proud of staying and shifting my attitude when I otherwise felt like going home and sitting on the couch.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Tomorrow is weigh day and my weight is waaaaaay down from last week....which is good considering last week it was waaaaaaaay up!

Roxy - It's so easy to talk ourselves out of a workout isn't it! But don't you feel so accomplished once you're done?!!? Way to grit your teeth and git 'er done!

Vicki - Lucky for me, my husband doesn't drink and I rarely go out with friends, so not drinking has been as easy as just making up my mind. I am going to a family event tomorrow night where everyone will be drinking wine, but I've already decided I'll refrain. Maybe sometime down the road, I'll be able to enjoy a glass of red wine when out for dinner or something, but for now, I feel happy with my decision.

Lynda - Good job getting in your exercise!

Pranava - How has your week been without the wine? Hope it's been 'easy, peasy, lemon, squeezy' as my kids would say Good job making smart decisions when eating out this week! Not an easy task!

Mike - How are you doing with your goals this week?

Annette - Very creepy that a photographer randomly offered to do boudoir shots for you. Big red light in my opinion! Different if you asked him because that's what you wanted....but if he approached you on the subject...I would run the other way...fast!

Lisa, Libby, Bea, Mern, ohelp Where you at?

Have a good evening all!
Old 02-12-2015, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, you are right that he is creepy, but I've known him since he was 16 and he was creepy then too. He grows on you, I just don't know if I have the patience to deal with that again. Last time I had to just because he was creepy towards my daughters of the same age. Now, he's just creepy.
On the bright side, he lives in a different town.

Keeping up the veggies so far.

I was lazy today, but my heart rate was up for a full 20 minutes. I was writing a Valentine's kissing scene for my story. It rocks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.