Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Feb 9-15 - You choose...medicine...or poison? >

Motivational Thread Feb 9-15 - You choose...medicine...or poison?

Notices

Motivational Thread Feb 9-15 - You choose...medicine...or poison?

Old 02-09-2015, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Had a pretty good weekend--worked the Crises Line and had a good visit with my daughter. Getting ready for Madri Gras next week, planning to make some gumbo with crawfish tails and plenty of veggies. Went for a short walk today while running errands and grocery shopping.
Cooked some kale today with chicken broth and no fat or extra salt--it turned out very tasty, but it does a number on my tummy.

Lynda: Way to go with starting with a lower number on the scales this week!

Lisa: Glad you may be getting the help you need in the near future!

Annette: Ellipticals are touted to be kinder to the knees, but they still wear me out! Don't know that I could even go 2 minutes!

Debbie: Good for you deciding to leave alcohol alone! I haven't had a drink in over 22 years. Sometimes I think about drinking--even after all those years , but then I remember my life is so much better without it. The thought soon passes!

To the rest of us: We're still on the journey! Vicki
Old 02-09-2015, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

When I was in my 40's I preferred the elliptical. I found it easy, almost relaxing. But now, at 55, it was hard on my knees and my legs were like jelly after that short work.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

In the FitDay log, do you guys set one ultimate weight goal, and just stick to that calorie budget long term, or do you set smaller, shorter goals every month/few weeks?

I originally had set a weight goal on Jan 1st, with a goal date of Sept 22 (my birthday).
I have been using that calorie budget as my target. It's working fine, but I'm curious about other ways...

I am considering changing to a monthly weight goal, and using whatever calorie budget it comes up with for that month. I don't really have a reason to do this, other than to shake up the amount of calories I'm eating each month.

What do you think? Which do you do?
Old 02-10-2015, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Happy to say I was up before work this morning to get in my workout. Feels so good to get it in first thing in the morning...gives me more time with my family in the short evenings after work. My son is a major Lego fan (what 8 year old boy isn't ) and he has more Lego than any one child should. He asked me a few weeks back to help him sort it all out (again...for the third time!!!) so he could put the sets back together. I hesitantly helped because I've spent countless hours in the past doing so only to have him let it all get messy again. Since we got it all sorted, he's been so focused on picking parts and putting his sets back together and enjoys having help...I think it's overwhelming for him to do it alone. All that to say, now that my workout is complete for the day, I'll be free to give him extra Lego help tonight...after homework of course!

I started a hypnosis thing last night in hopes of tapping into my subconscious. I'm really enjoying the focusing and visualizing so when I read another fitdayers post (thank you sasamiking1979!) about hypnosis....I thought why not! Maybe there's really something to this. At the worst, it will help to relax and unwind me after a long day...at best, I'll somehow reprogram my subconscious to feel more positive and able to achieve my goals. If anyone is interested, you can find it on youtube...it's by David McGraw and called "Ultimate Weight Loss Hypnosis -- 30 Day Challenge". Let me know if you give it a go and we can compare notes on our perception of the program.

Roxy - Last year, I put in my start weight and ultimate goal weight and date and never changed it. Since I regained the weight and was resetting the goals, I realized that as you lose weight, the daily calorie requirements change as well. This time around, I'm setting it in smaller increments so that the calories adjust along the way.

Annette - The elliptical can be a great leg workout for sure! But if it's hurting your knees, you're wise to stick to walking. Hopefully the weather improves for you so you can enjoy those walks that much more!

ohelp - Appropriate title....isn't it though Preplanning and prepping my meals for the work day in advance is essential for me.

Vicki - Have you tried Beano before? It's helpful for digesting tough to digest vegetables like kale. Although once you get used to eating more fruits and veggies, your body should be able to digest them without causing tummy issues. Were you dependant on alcohol 22 years ago? Lucky for me, I feel the wine became a habit, but not a dependence...yet. When I quit smoking 15 years ago, it was literally a minute by minute thing for the first few weeks then slowly got easier. Giving up alcohol for me is easy....but if I kept it up who knows if that habit would have turned to addiction. I never want to find out and should have made this decision much sooner. Oh well....as they say better late than never

Lisa - I can't even begin to imagine the stress you are going through with your son! I hope he surprises you and turns his life around. That's great that you will have medicare and can pursue your goal of seeing a therapist to deal with eating addiction. You're a strong lady to keep forging forward with all that you deal with!

Mike - Weekends are so tough...seems for all of us! Hope your week turns things around. Are you reading that book we talked about?

Libby - where art thou dear Libby?

Big waves to everyone else! Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-10-2015, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default It's a ghost town in here!

Old 02-10-2015, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

yes it is. How's everyone doing this week? What are your goals and what are you going to do to crush those goals?

I'll make a simple goal, to finish the week at 205.8
Old 02-10-2015, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone! Super pumped up today because scale was down again. afther struggling the last few weeks I was so excited to see the scale down three days in a row.

Roxy- I certainly understand the ups and downs, I was getting so discouraged but so glad I stuck to my plan and now I can see some progress. I set-up a long term goal and try to keep my calories between 1300 and 1600. I think it is better for me to stagger so my body doesn's go into save every calorie mode.

Annette and Vicki - just started the kale so I will have to see how it affects me. I have been eating a lot of veggies and only had one day that gave me problems.

ohelp- planning and the logging really help. It is easier when I am hungry if I have good choices that are readily available

More later- gotta go to work
Old 02-10-2015, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa - terrific news on the disability. I know it helps to talk things thru that is why I so appreciate everyone here. We are all struggling together.

Mike- my goal is to work out twice this week. And drink more water - I can never seem to drink enough.

Debbie - so motivated in the morning - lol. I am not a morning person. Have a good time helping your son - that sounds like fun and is precious time together.

thanks all for being such a support- talk to you later
Old 02-10-2015, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not sure this is a good thing or not, but I had a photographer offer to do boudoir photos of me. Not going to happen, but I had to laugh.

I'll let him do an array of author photos for me. After another 30 lbs. Wearing long sleeves and calf length skirts.

Hmmm... I'm buying cowboy boots in May. Springing for a hat at the same time.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LHall1965

Mike- my goal is to work out twice this week. And drink more water - I can never seem to drink enough.
Do you drink from a bottle or glass?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.