Notices

Distance challenge

Old 02-14-2015, 02:34 PM
FitDay Member

Can I join? I just restarted yesterday, and anything that motivates me will help immensely. I used fitday about 8 years ago, and lost 45 pounds over an 8 month period. I started running, eventually training for and completing 3 half-marathons, 1 full marathon, and multiple 5K and 10K runs. Then my husband got sick with CHF, and then I got sick with a dislocated shoulder that never did want to heal correctly, then I had teenaged children moving in and out.....well, one thing led to another, and before I knew it, I'd gained every single pound back, and they brought along about 20 new pounds for company. My blood pressure went up; the doctor started me on meds. I developed diabetes, more meds. I was diagnosed with asthma and sleep apnea.....and suddenly, I couldn't do much in the way of exercise, and I found myself sitting in front of my computer for hours and hours each day, eating horribly and feeling worse.

A month ago, I had shoulder replacement surgery, and now that I'm not in pain, my energy levels are better. I started walking every day, and started the long road of physical therapy on my upper body. Yesterday, I decided that cleaning up my diet and losing the weight was the next goal, so here I am.

I'm going to commit to .5 miles everyday, looking to increase it next month to 1 mile daily, walking to start but hopefully running in a couple of months. So, how about a goal of 40 miles by Easter?

Today: .5 mile fast walk in the AM. (I spent the day antique shopping with my husband, but I don't have a pedometer, so I'm not going to try to calculate that mileage).

.5 miles completed; 39.5 miles to go by Easter
Old 02-14-2015, 11:17 PM
FitDay Member

So glad to have you join us theatremom!! Wow! That sounds like a lot to deal with all that you've been through in the several few years! All the best to you on your recovery from shoulder surgery and the road back to health!
Old 02-15-2015, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Checking in with another 36 minute interval workout. Today's workout was chest and back focused. Tomorrow is rest day! Phew! I need it...got in lots of good work this week but my body could really use a day's rest.

33.4 completed...116.6 to go
Old 02-16-2015, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Goo job getting yer exercise on!

Today is my rest day....thank goodness! My chest and back are pretty sore from yesterday's workout. A good day of recouping and meal prep is exactly what I need to be ready to hit the ground running again tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Definitely not walking outside this week but getting a workout in regardless with clearing snow. We got 8-9" yesterday and are supposed to get about 3-5" more tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Today was a 36 minute full body strength/cardio interval workout. 37 down, 113 to go!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Upping the burn today, so I switched up my intervals to get in a 44 minute cardio interval workout. Sweatfest and great burn!!!

41.4 completed, 108.6 to go by Easter!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Today was a 44 minute full body strength/cardio interval workout. 45.8 down, 104.2 to go!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:40 PM
FitDay Member

Today I was up before work (first time this week!!) to get in my workout. Today was a 44 minute cardio interval workout bringing my total to 50.2 which leaves 99.8 to go!
Old 02-21-2015, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

Look at you go!! Good job ohelp!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.