Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread 2/2-2/8 Choose to Lose >

Motivational Thread 2/2-2/8 Choose to Lose

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread 2/2-2/8 Choose to Lose

Old 02-06-2015, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, this outside walking is not coming back any time soon, but I have to get moving.

I'm thinking that my daughter has an elliptical hiding downstairs. I should dig it out, or climb in to where she has it.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hello my fabulous fitday friends! I finally feel better today! I was up coughing a lot last night, but feel soooo much better today! I hoped on the scale this morning....and was way up. However, it is a new scale and seems to weigh higher than my other scale. The only reason I bought a new scale was because I wanted one that tracks body fat and water as well. I know they're not all that accurate, but I figure it's better than nothing and hopefully seeing a downward trend will motivate me further. That book I've been reading stresses the importance of know if you are losing fat or muscle (it's usually a bit of both) so you know where you need to make adjustment. This morning, as I was stuck in traffic on yet another 1 hour snowy commute, I used the time to visualize myself at my goal. I've been surprised how easy it is for me to actually visualize this! It's a nice feeling So when I arrive at the parking lot, just before I hop out of the car to pay the usual $10 to park for the day, there's a woman coming over to my car. She stops me and asks me if I'm parking for the day, I say yes, then she hands me her paid parking pass for the day! I say what!?!! She says she's already paid for the day, but that she's leaving. I say I wish I had some cash on me so I could pay her for it, she's says not to worry hands me the pass, smiles and wishes me a good day. How nice was that!

ohelp - another 1.8 lbs! That's awesome...I hope you're feeling proud as you should! Keep up the great work!!

Mike - I'm in the pluses this week, so I'd gladly take your zero Today's a new day right! Did you get the book yet...read any of it? I'm curious to hear what you think.

Annette - Happy digging or climbing (if it comes to that ) The elliptical provides a great workout in my opinion! Good on you to look for alternatives while walking outdoors is not an option right now. How is the tooth ache? Hope you're feeling some relief!

Lisa - I never answered your question about stress relief and exercise...I personally find it a huge stress reliever! It's funny, when life gets in the way and I slip on the exercise, I don't seem to remember how good exercise makes me feel...which is right now since I've been sick this week. Thanks for the reminder! I'm feeling much better today and plan to get my sweat on after work today! The kids will be happy to have 40 minutes to watch tv after a long, hard day at school

Have an awesome day all!
Old 02-06-2015, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hello and greetings to all of us! So thankful for the 2.4 pound loss this week, especially since I ate 2 slices of pizza Wednesday night at my training/work meeting. I'm glad I'm learning more about how to eat and then let it go rather than continuing to berate myself over that particular choice. All is NOT lost if I make a choice that is less than the best for me. There is always another opportunity for making a wiser choice regarding food at the next meal/snack.

Here's to making wiser choices and loving me as I am, where I am today keeping my goals in sight!

Kudos to all of us--whether we had a loss or a plus on the scale--WE'RE STILL ON THE JOURNEY! Vicki
Old 02-06-2015, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Deb thanks for the shout out. I haven't stepped on the scale all week and was wishing for a better number today. I gained .2 of a pound so with all the gains my Easter goal is slipping farther and farther away. DH and DS got their final notice this week. Their jobs are finished on February 27 so I am now in panic mode thinking what will happen next. Are there any retirees out there that can give me any advice on how to stay sane with too unemployed men under foot 24/7?
There is some good news.
My DD got a job after being unemployed for a year and a half. She was getting so desperate that she sold her living room furniture and a lot of other things just to pay rent. Her boyfriend is still looking for a job. He has gained a lot of weight while he has been out of work and now that she is gone all day I am afraid things will just get worse for him. We have had so much snow
lately that DH has been shoveling for two hours after work almost every day this week and I have cabin fever. I know things will get better. Winter is half over and I am looking forward to spring. Have a good day all.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Vicki - Your post is awesome! We do have to love ourselves no matter where we are on the journey. Usually when I have had a huge gain like I've experienced this week, I would be reeling and feeling like a failure. For whatever reason, I feel a shift in my mindset and...while I'm certainly not happy about the gain...I'm also not destroyed. My cold is mostly gone and I'm able to workout again....that paired with my steadfast resolve to no longer consume alcohol...I know I will be able to reach my goals...I just have to be patient and love myself during the process. Thank you for your inspiring post!

Libby - I doubt at this point that I will hit my Easter goal either....but even if I don't hit it...I can still make some progress right! Don't give up Libby...you only had a very small .2 lb. gain this week! There's still lots of time to get closer to your Easter goal. Sorry to hear your husband and son will soon be out of work. I can't remember...is it seasonal work that they do? It seems to me they've been out of work in the recent past. Hopefully with Spring just around the corner (I choose to ignore the ground hog! ), you'll be able to get out more often so you're not going stir crazy stuck in the house. Are you still doing aquafit? I know how hard Canadian winters are...hang tough....sunnier days aren't too far away! Only 42 days until the first day of Spring!

Old 02-06-2015, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Oi. I am struggling today! I am soooo tired, and irritable. We have had to phone the police three nights in a row, usually up til 1 or 2 am dealing with our downstairs neighbour who has gone off his meds and is creating serious disturbances for us. It is report card time at school (always very busy!) and I feel like I have no peace in my own home because of the neighbour.
He is being evicted and possibly committed, however in the meantime we are dealing with an aggressive, unpredictable, irrational human. We plan to leave town for the weekend just to get some rest.
So, due to being tired and angry, I want to EAT EVERYTHING. I have already eaten most of my daily calories and it's only just after lunch. I want pizza and liquor and all the comfort snacks in the world, hahaaahhh... boo. BUT I'm going to try to keep it to a reasonable level.
My partner is working security at a club tonight so I might go and dance just to get some exercise and blow off some steam. I don't really like going out dancing by myself, and bars are definitely not my favourite place to hang out. BUT, I feel safe knowing he's nearby and it's a source of movement and escape, so we'll see.
The scale isn't budging and that's okay for today.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Roxy, sorry to hear you are struggling. Having someone unstable around you has to be stressful. I hope he finds help. Stay strong on not binging. Trust me, you will not be happy with yourself when it's over. I never am.

Libby, so sorry your family is going through such a hard time with all the unemployment. My husband has been laid off since September, and I'm on a fixed disability income. I can empathize with you on the stress and uncertainty. Praying for you and your family for better things to come...quickly!

Vicki, phenomenal job on the weight loss this week! I'm going the wrong way, but you're right...at least I'm on the journey and haven't given up.

Annette, did you find the elliptical?

I might know part of the reason I've been so famished and insatiable this week. It's that time again. Really, I should pay better attention to the calendar because I think I might handle the frustration differently, and probably better. I was absolutely famished today! I didn't have anything on my breakfast menu, but I couldn't help it. I had a turkey wrap with 1/2 slice of mozzarella, 1 Tbsp mayo, tomato and lettuce. You know, it didn't even make a dent in my hunger. I was struggling all day since that point. I'm now having an atkins w/ milk and I hope it holds me over til dinner. Cheese tortellini with beef/sausage sauce on the menu tonight. I have to be careful not to eat too many tortellini. I know my stomach is going to seriously argue with me on that though.

Yes, so I went the wrong way again this week. Monthly bloat perhaps? Maybe, but I went over my calorie goal almost every day, but I seriously thought it would at least be a maintain range I was in. I lose weight when I'm at 1700 or lower. I was averaging about 2000 this week, so if 1700 is "lose range" shouldn't 2000 be a "maintain range"? I don't know. I'm so frustrated with all this.

Good note, I'm getting myself put on Medicare Part B through SSA on my disability, so I'll have insurance again. maybe I can get back to my goal of getting into therapy for my eating addiction. If that doesn't work, I'm seriously considering getting a lap band. Pretty drastic, but my way doesn't seem to be working anymore.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:10 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Debbie , My DH and DS had their work extended but now they got their final notice. Spring can't get here soon enough. I thought the picture was really good.

Lisa, Things will get better for all of us. Think good thoughts.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

I had a better day yesterday. Part of it was getting my feelings out in words and the other was just trying harder to eat better. I hope for a loss this week but I am not stepping on the scale till next Friday. Thank you Debbie and Lisa for the shout out and encouragement. I get by with a little help from my friends.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Libby - If the scale is getting you down, then I really think it's wise to stay off it until you feel stronger. That's why I gave up on the daily weigh in that I promised to stick with I just find the daily fluctuations are a plenty and there's really no benefit to watching them. I think weighing once a week and measuring once a month is more than sufficient. Are you still doing aquafit?

ohelp - ah well...weight or miles, it's still an accomplishment! Thanks for starting the miles check in. Now if only Mike would grace us with his presence since he was trying to round us up earlier in the week.

Mike - Where are ya at?

Lisa - I blame some of my drastic weight gain on monthly bloat as well. So fun isn't it!

Roxy - Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. Hopefully you and your partner get some relaxing time this weekend!

Gotta run...need to hit the shower and meet up with the fam at the pool to watch my kiddies swimming lesson. I swear they're surpassing my swimming abilities! So proud of my babies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.