Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread 2/2-2/8 Choose to Lose >

Motivational Thread 2/2-2/8 Choose to Lose

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread 2/2-2/8 Choose to Lose

Old 02-03-2015, 04:50 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, you definitely are valued! So glad someone took the time to send you a message to remind you.

Becca, glad you are doing better this week.

As for me? Well, I refuse to give up. My steps are slow, and sometimes backwards, but I'm going to keep looking ahead and hopefully the goal will come closer into view someday. I may have gone off plan today, but I'm not going to let that be an excuse to give up. I was out for a long time tonight driving all over town to find Matthew a specific graphing calculator (freaking expensive!) that is a requirement to do his math homework. anyways, I may have gone through the drive-thru while out running around. I did super great all the way through dinner, but it was out driving around for 3 hours that weakened my fortitude.

Tomorrow I will strive to do better.

Update: I have my whole menu planned for the day. It's 3:55 a.m. and I just had "breakfast" even though it's still middle of the night. Insomnia, and I was starving. Anyways, had a bowl of leftover dinner, creamy cabbage potato soup. (very delicious, filling and low in calories...win!). For lunch and again for an evening snack I'll have some Atkin's w/ milk. For dinner, Cashew Teriyaki Chicken, with rice and broccoli. For a snack sometime during the day, 2.5oz of french bread. This menu will have me right at my calorie goal. I'm going to try like mad to stick to my plan.

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 02-03-2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

You're right Debbie. I am not the squeaky wheel, ever. I'm the one who gives up my place in line for someone I deem less fortunate than myself.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

Greetings to all my fellow travelers on this journey to improved health and weight loss!

I'm facing a biggie tonight: I've got a work/training meeting to attend and, yes, they will feed us but I have no idea what it will be. It's usually pizza, wraps or sandwiches of some sort with chips, sodas and cookies--definitely items NOT on my food plan! I'm trying to plan my strategy. I'm considering bringing my own food.

The sunny South had turned cloudy, cold and soggy with rain. I'll check back in after it's over! Vicki
Old 02-04-2015, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ohelp
Is that like, we all try and walk (or jog/run if you want) a certain distance by a certain time? It might help me to actually come close to my Easter challenge, sounds good. I could prolly fit in at least a mile a day for sure, so I could say 50 miles, to be finished at the same time as my Easter challenge.

If I've got the wrong idea, someone could say?
How about 5 miles for this week? We are already at Wednesday and I'm at zero.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Banned

posting our steps from a Pedometer would be a nice thing to do...
What ya think?
Old 02-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by beccafries
posting our steps from a Pedometer would be a nice thing to do...
What ya think?
sounds good to me, I don't have one though. Who here has the Map My Run or Map My Walk app?
Old 02-04-2015, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all...having a crappy day. I'm sure it's because I'm not feeling well. I feel like I'm struggling again. You know what dawned on me tonight....15 years ago, I quit smoking and promptly gained 15 lbs. I had never weighed more than 110 lbs. at the time, so I was shocked to weigh 125 lbs. I was 27 years old at the time. I complained about my weight to a friend of mine who then showed me all the ins and outs of dieting. She was following Weight Watchers at the time, so I thought this was great...this was the answer! I followed along and did lose the weight...and then regained it...then lost it...and so on. It started this cycle of yo-yo dieting that I've been on for 15 freaking years! I'm so sick and tired of starting over again! I sometimes wish she never showed me how to 'diet'! I want to go back to just living my life and not counting every calorie and tracking every calorie burned in a workout.....but I don't trust my own intuition anymore.

Sorry for the rant. I'm sure there are other here who know exactly what I'm ranting about. I wish my friend never taught me to diet! Maybe I would have figured it out and lost the 15 pounds back then and carried on with my life as I was. I sometimes feel that time changed the entire course of my life. Blah....I feel crappy
Old 02-04-2015, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling. I know exactly what you mean about yo-yo dieting. I wish I learned the "right way" to eat when I was a kid and didn't have to fight for every .2 lbs lost each week, just to regain it back and start over. I feel you on this one.

Dinner for me tonight was 4 oz of chicken breast, 1 cup of chopped broccoli, 1 cup of rice, 1.5 oz of cashews and some home made teriyaki sauce, which when all added to the plate made for a very big dinner. It came to about 970 calories, but it's the only "real" meal of the day I have, and I felt it was very healthy, but mostly just super delicious. I plan on having another atkins w/ milk a little later. The extra 1/2 oz of cashews I dipped into while cleaning up was my downfall. I would have been over goal by about 75, but now I'm ending up at about 170 over. Still, waaaaay better than most days this past week, so I'm calling it a win.

I'm down about a 1lb today.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa - You're always in my corner! I appreciate your friendship...thank you for always supporting me!

I'm starting a lil' somethin' new tomorrow to try to encourage my motivation. Of course I'll be sharing it...stay tuned
Old 02-04-2015, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

Back from my class and like expected there was food--pizza. And I ate it. I ate only 2 slices--way better than the 6 or 7 I used to eat in the past. That puts me 300 calories over for the day. Well, it's done and over. Tomorrow is another day and a chance to make better decisions. Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.