Motivational Thread 2/2-2/8 Choose to Lose >

Motivational Thread 2/2-2/8 Choose to Lose

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread 2/2-2/8 Choose to Lose

Old 02-02-2015, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by paisleyjane
Annette, I can totally sympathize and I am so sorry you are having that kind of pain!! I recently had two wisdom teeth pulled, one was abscessed and VERY painful! Toothaches are awful, you can't escape them!
Pain?

I'm undecided on pain. I have had toothaches, abscesses, wisdom teeth pulled, four different kinds of childbirth, and a heart attack.

The heart attack changed my outlook on pain. Not that the pain was that bad, but it was a pain that could have signified death.

Like I said, I just don't know how I feel about pain anymore. At least I am alive.

If it gets bad enough I'm going to emergency, but for now I will wait on the doctors and keep my Advil close. I have managed the pain today after only one dose.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Bea, isn't it a good thing the Super Bowl only happens once a year? lol We'd all be in trouble if it were a regular thing. don't worry about one day of slip up. You'll bounce back, I'm confident of that.

I mostly stayed on track today. This afternoon before picking matthew up from school I was super starving and had an unplanned piece of french bread. By the time dinner came I was completely famished. I made Cajun Chicken Pasta, and man was it ever good. When I was done eating though I still felt hungry. Or I needed something that dinner didn't give me. I decided it was something sweet and I had an unplanned scoop (or two) of ice cream. Then I went to my computer to log everything and I was completely shocked. Nearly 1000 calories!!! Ugh. so, I'm over my goal today again. HOWEVER, I went thru the McD's drive thru to get hubs a bag of ice. I was thinking "you're already over your calories today. the day is already crap, so you might as well have a large chocolate shake. you know you want one." Yes, I did want one, but I DIDN'T! That was a great decision I made, and I felt great about it. I came home and am getting my chocolate/creamy/cold fix with an Atkins w/ milk like a good girl.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, I forgot another good choice I made tonight. I had to go to Fry's to drop off my prescriptions, and while I was there I remembered I have a digital coupon on my member card for a free Snickers. I really wanted it and gave it a lot of consideration. In the end I walked out of the store empty-handed.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

I hopped on the scale this morning and I was actually down. I was figuring I'd be up because I ate the house down over the weekend.

I took my vitamin and drank plenty of water. So far so go. Anyone up for a walking challenge?
Old 02-03-2015, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Debbie, did you get some meals preplanned? What are you going to be having this week?
Looks like I'll be eating soft foods and warm liquids...I'm sick with a cold and very sore throat. Ugh...hope it passes quickly! You've made some great choices this week already!! Keep up the great work Lisa!
Old 02-03-2015, 04:15 AM
Banned

Roxy, that is good someone noticed...don't that make you feel so happy inside it does for me for sure....keep up the good work..

I think I have been on holiday mode STILL..but doing much better this week
Old 02-03-2015, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I took my vitamin and drank plenty of water.
You beat me at my own goals, as I have NOT taken my vitamins at all this week. BUT I will go and do it right now! ...

There... done Thanks for the motivation.

Originally Posted by beccafries
Roxy, that is good someone noticed...don't that make you feel so happy inside it does for me for sure....keep up the good work..
Thanks!
Glad to see you posting and that you've had a better week!
Old 02-03-2015, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone. missed posting yesterday as it is our busy day at work and was exhausted when I got home. Also the snow storm did not help.

Bea- I dodged a bullet for the Super Bowl, our club cancelled the party due to the weather here so I was able to resist - lol

Lisa - keep making the good choices and the rest will follow. I like your start one choice at a time. I know when I let myself get to hungry or too tired then I make bad choices so I watch for those to triggers now.

Debbie- hope you get to feeling better. I try to preplan my meals also much easier to eat right when I have the correct foods ready.

Annette- Sodium - not my friend, but definitely stealing your goal on adding the water.

Roxy - Kudos on getting some notice - always a motivation booster.

Mike - sounds like you have a have a great yard. that would certainly be a workout taking care of that. Love to be outside, but nasty weather here.

Really missed posting - always helps me to stay on track. didn't do too bad yesterday even when our boss bought us lunch of pasta. We did get a large salad with it so I tried to eat mostly salad and so far did not go up on the scale. Kept dinner light - just a grilled cheese. not the healthiest but it was quick and easy - lol
Old 02-03-2015, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

I just want to say a heartfelt thank you for my fitday friends who always pick me up when I'm feeling down! I am feeling quite crappy today with this sore throat and feeling a little more than defeated...then I get a kind and sincere message from a certain fitday friend (you know who you are ) thanking me for inspiring others! Little did they know that their kind gesture to drop me a message made me feel so valued!!! GAH!! Once this sore throat has passed, I'm gonna kick some...well you know

Old 02-03-2015, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Pain?

I'm undecided on pain. I have had toothaches, abscesses, wisdom teeth pulled, four different kinds of childbirth, and a heart attack.

The heart attack changed my outlook on pain. Not that the pain was that bad, but it was a pain that could have signified death.

Like I said, I just don't know how I feel about pain anymore. At least I am alive.

If it gets bad enough I'm going to emergency, but for now I will wait on the doctors and keep my Advil close. I have managed the pain today after only one dose.
The pain of childbirth...yuppers I get that! Pain that could have signified death...that's another story! Have you considered that because you aren't yelling loud enough that nobody is listening? Maybe because you're tolerating the pain, the docs are quick to do anything? Maybe if you do go to emerg, somebody will listen and actually do something?

I sincerely hope you find some relief soon!! This has gone on too many days...really!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.