Notices

Motivational Thread 2/2-2/8 Choose to Lose

Old 02-02-2015, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread 2/2-2/8 Choose to Lose

Hi everyone. Happy Monday.

I'm determined to make this week count, choice by choice. My eating is completely out of control. I plan on making one good choice at a time, because I can't think any further than that. It's too overwhelming for me to plan too far in advance or think about the big picture. All I know is that I'm gaining weight way too fast, and if I don't stop now I'll be right back to my highest. I'm not that far off unfortunately.

I started my morning off right with an Atkins w/ milk. There won't be much of anything in the way of lunch today, and I plan on having a delicious dinner, but I won't know what until it's time to make it. My husband will always ask me "what's for dinner?" and I always tell him, "I don't know yet." Even if it's 4:30 in the afternoon. Even though I don't know for sure what it will be, I've got good things on the menu for dinners this week.

I hope all of you are having a good Monday.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Lisa! Glad to see you posting and thanks for starting us off this week!

My motivation seems to be coming in waves...which is not good. I lose a little, gain a little, wash and repeat. I feel like I'm not making progress! On deck for this week is to do my best to get in more exercise and preplan some meals which always helps me stay focused and on track.

Have a great week all!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

I was motivated to start right this week. Right up until I woke up with a toothache. A year ago this would be taken care of already. But I can't just have any kind of surgery I want while on blood thinners.

I have to learn to work around this.

Eating - I have to get my sodium back under control.
Drinking - Water intake is not what it should be.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Hellllooooooo...... I need some goals to steal again. Y'all need to get crackin'.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hellllooooooo...... I need some goals to steal again. Y'all need to get crackin'.
Here are mine, steal away!

Water Intake - 3-5L /day
Exercise - minimum 4 hours spread out over the week
Food - homecooked dinners, minimum 4 nights (I've been leaning too heavy on packaged/ready-to-eat food the last few weeks. Breaky and Lunch are always homemade but dinner has been lazy)
Take my vitamins!

Here's to another good week on plan.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

A co-worker noticed my weight loss today! Wahoo... she said "is it just me, or are you losing weight? You look great!!"

I was super happy that someone said something. I also happened to admire my new, slimmer looking self in the mirror this morning. It took losing 18 lbs to finally notice, but I can feel it coming off now, which is great.

I am finally back over the threshold of 100lbs lost. At one point I had lost 165 lbs, but then re-gained 80 of it while caring for my terminally ill mom. Now that I'm back to work and back to losing, it's nice to be over the '100 lbs' lost mark; 108 gone. Only 18 since re-starting though, and only 18 since knowing these people (I'm at a new job and they never saw me at my highest, only my re-start)

Anyways... I'm looking forward to feeling great about my body again, and to dusting off all my favourite clothes that don't currently fit.

:happy dance:
Old 02-02-2015, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

Roxy, that's so exciting that someone noticed and complimented you! You're doing fabulous.

Annette, so sorry you're having so much pain!

Debbie, did you get some meals preplanned? What are you going to be having this week?

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm so hungry. but I vow to not eat anything until dinner. At which time I hope to not overdo it as well.

Going to my daughter's softball game now. I just absolutely love watching her play. It will be a fun time.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

I had too much birthday "celebrating"
And too much Superbowl pizza!!

All crap is now, out of my house, (and in my belly!!)

I'm NOT stepping on a scale til I can close my hands again lol.
I hope to weighin by Friday... but I doubt it will be pretty

(DAMN Pizza Hut and their 5.00 specials!!)
Old 02-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Roxy, I need to take my vitamins and stay on top of my water intake.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa, I love the idea of "choice by choice", sometimes we can take it one day at a time. Sometimes, one meal at a time. In the hardest of times, you can even take it moment to moment - half hour by half hour if needed. Keep yourself occupied, keep yourself busy. You can do this!

Annette, I can totally sympathize and I am so sorry you are having that kind of pain!! I recently had two wisdom teeth pulled, one was abscessed and VERY painful! Toothaches are awful, you can't escape them!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Roxy, I need to take my vitamins and stay on top of my water intake.
NICE. Let me know how it goes. I just restocked my vitamin cabinet so I have no excuses. Also, started drinking out of a 1L container so that I can keep track with ease.

Originally Posted by paisleyjane
Exercise - minimum 4 hours spread out over the week
... I must revise this, as I have already racked up 2 hours, just today.
Perhaps I will make it 6 and I'll see if I have to revise again before the end of the week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.