Notices

Motivational thread 1/26-2/1

Old 01-28-2015, 10:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I've been so busy between work and family that I've barely had a chance to check in this week! Still doing well with food, but exercise has been scarce this week. I really need to start getting up before work again to get in my daily workout. That way I've taken care of myself before the day gets crazy.

I'll check back in tomorrow!
Old 01-28-2015, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone. I have been a slacker in the exercise department lately, but I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of a cold or flu. I am not sick, but definitely feel like I'm fending something off. I am taking vitamin C and resting, hoping it passes without taking a full toll.

I have noticed myself trying to "cheat" lately. haha
I bought cherry strudels for my students today, and planned on eating one. That was fine. But at the end of class there was one left on the desk and I ate it, with this sort of "I'm not even gonna track it" "mwahaha" attitude. It was almost like I was rebelling from myself! LOL
Of course I tracked it and laughed at myself for being so silly.
Then later, I went to the cupboard and took a small handful of chocolate chips. I thought the same thing: I'm just going to eat them and not care.
Then of course, I laughed at myself again and went and tracked it, but apparently I was trying to be a rebellious bada$$ again by not weighing it out first. LOL

Not sure what that is about, but it's kind of funny to me. hehe
Old 01-28-2015, 10:30 PM
FitDay Member

I just want to give everyone a sincere thank you to your empathy over my son's health. I'm lucky to be involved with such a group of great people. Thank you, again.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

My scale is going in the right direction again, but I'm not putting too much stock in its accuracy.

My Goals.
3 servings of (good) veggies per day. yes, yes
101.4 ounces of water per day yes, yes
eat high fiber food yes, yes
walk 4 miles 1.28
Old 01-29-2015, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

I won't be around much today. So y'all have free roam. You know the whole "cat's away" bit.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mike - now you know tomorrow is weigh in day - so no playing for me

Hey everyone- hope everyone is feeling a little better, seems like everyone here is also getting sick. I'm hoping these nutricious foods I've been eating will keep the germs away from me - lol

Striving for a good push for tomorrow.

Going out tonight to listen to some live music so check in tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Eating diet jello for snack.

I actually stood on the scale this morning, but I didn't like what I saw.

Here's my plan:

I found a pirate neckerchief that my daughter made for a Halloween costume, so I'll use that over my face so I can walk in the morning. Reduce the cold air across my teeth.
I bought a package of Callus cushions and glued some in to my runners so I can walk.
Keep up the pain killers.
Make more soup.

I might make it through this.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

I'm way late to this post but some goals I set for this week were/are:

Drink more water (doing good so far, except yesterday)
Drink less sodas (doing good so far. One had one or two this week)
Eat less processed foods (doing well so far)

I felt like I was stuck around one weight (in the 325 area) but I kicked up the water intake over the last several days and stuck to my calories strictly and this morning was rewarded with a drop down to 323. I'm also starting to wear a smaller size in clothes.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought almost nothing but fruits and veggies. A few canned veggies (with no salt added) and some canned beans to make Mexican rice. I actually got out my Daniel Fast cookbook and am considering the Daniel Fast for Lent (got a couple of weeks to make up my mind). There were some awesome looking recipes in that book full of veggies and fruits.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rainbow24
I bought a package of Callus cushions and glued some in to my runners so I can walk.
Is that the same as mole skin?
Old 01-30-2015, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! So busy with work and family stuff this week! Not a lot of time for myself (unless I get up at 4:45 am...which I did not!). Need to step up my game plan next week as I made zero, zilch, nada progress this week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.