Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational thread 1/26-2/1 >

Motivational thread 1/26-2/1

Community
Notices

Motivational thread 1/26-2/1

Old 01-26-2015, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! Glad for the weekend and glad it's Monday--sunny and very mild temps here. I feel for you folks having the icy weather. I treated myself this weekend to a movie--Taken 3 and a meal with my daughter and grandsons--grilled shrimp salad and diet soda. The diet soda was sooo good--I really splurged and drank 2 BIG glasses!

Libby: Enjoyed the joke!

Lisa: Anything with chicken and mushrooms has to be good! IF you're feeling generous, you can send the leftovers my way, and if not, I understand!

Debbie: I, too, believe life is to be lived and celebrated. Sometimes I feel like celebrating life with food! Treats in moderation have to be a good thing!

Bea: Looks like you scored big time with a weight loss and more money in the pocket! Good for you!

Mern: Hug the kiddos tight--they grow up way to fast nowdays.

Mike: My goals for the week are to keep water consumption high, lower salt intake, increase fiber, log foods consistently and, now that my shoulder's better, add in some different exercises. You're welcome to steal any of them that work for you.

Cabbage cooking with garlic, dill and celery seed. Ground turkey breast and lamb patties with low-carb 'cornbread' for supper tonight. Vicki
Old 01-26-2015, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

Libby - so enjoyed the joke. I have three dogs so maybe I will use that at the dog park when I take them. lol

so glad it looks like everyone had a great weekend and stayed on track. It was snowy here so we stayed inside a lot, but only up a half a pound so very good over last weekend.

Mike - my goals this week is to drink more water and exercise of some sort every day.

Debbie thanks for the you-tube suggestion, I will check her out. I hurt my knee last fall (fell ) and it still bothers me to move it or put to much pressure but determined to get moving.

Vicky - the cabbage with the garlic sounds delicious, just saute them?

To all else - let's keep up the good work this week.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, Lynda, I saute in a few tablespoons of beef broth. I season it with garlic, dill, pepper, celery seed and a little lite salt. that's it--it doesn't take long either! Vicki
Old 01-26-2015, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Monday, everyone! How did everyone do today?

Libby, cute joke!
Vicki, Cabbage and garlic sound good, but I'm not a big fan of lamb. Just the turkey would be perfect for me...I'll be over soon. Hope you had a good time at the movie and lunch out.
Mern, did you have a good time with the little ones today?

I went over my calories today, but I'm not mad about it. I wasn't completely derailed. For dinner I made chicken sauteed with diced green and yellow bell peppers and garlic in olive oil. Then mixed it in with a little homemade alfredo spinach sauce over top of a square of crescent rolls (2 individual rolls). The rolls are what took me over the top because instead of stopping with that I had another square of 2 crescent rolls with about a tsp of honey on top. That was an extra 225 calories. Oh, well. Like I said, I did really very good today and I'm not mad about the extra rolls with some honey. I could choose a lot worse things!

My mind is calming down a bit. Still have a lot of personal crap going on with kids, finances, taxes, etc., but I'm trying to be better about calming down because I can't change any of it today anyways. That philosophy doesn't always work with me, but it is today so I'm going to go with it. When my mind calms down, my eating tends to follow suit.

Hope everyone has a good night!
Old 01-26-2015, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

I went out this morning and walked a quick mile. The cold air hurt like crazy against my tooth.
Mid morning I drove into the city and walked around at Children's hospital. I would estimate at least another mile of walking only at a much slower pace.
When I got home the shivering started.
I have a fever, but I don't fell sick. Yet!
If this is all about the tooth, or just about the stress of city driving, my husband is coughing all over the place, spreading his germs.

Now I'm going to vent.

I have a husband and two sons. One left home, the two that still live here (husband included in this observation) are whiney little boys when they get sick. My son won't take pain killers because I moved them out of the food cupboard last July. He says they aren't his because they are not where he left them.
This house has four adults and he is the only one that uses children's chewable grape flavoured Tylenol.

Mike, what I have seen of you on the forum, you are a real man.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

I did pre-log my food yesterday to help keep myself concentrating on weight loss, but didn't eat even half of it--still didn't have my appetite back after a weekend stomach virus. But I'm hungry right now, so looking forward to getting some good nutrition.

Vicki, yes, indeed, the little ones grow up too fast! Your dinner last night sounded quite yummy!

Lynda, congrats on being up only half a pound over the weekend.

Lisa, I did have a good time with the little ones yesterday. Well done on your dinner! Best wishes on your "life trials" calming down. Good to remember that you can't fix everything at once and to just concentrate any given day on what you CAN fix or improve that day. I know it's easier said than done, though. Another thing that has helped me many, many times is to try to not worry about something until I know I have something to worry about. So many times I dwelled on the worse case scenario that never happened. I had so many sleepless nights and awful days due to that--what a waste of time and loss of the happiness that COULD have been in those days.

Annette, did you have a family or friend health issue for which you walked around at Children's Hospital? So sorry about your tooth and not feeling well! We've had a stomach virus going through our family--three households. It finally reached my house. I had it over the over the weekend and my husband came down with it during the night. I told him countless times you have to swallow the germs to get sick from it and to quit drinking out of my water bottle and to wash his hands often. There was a time he literally drove me to tears when he was sick--continually asking me to bring him stuff. Not exaggerating--when he was awake I couldn't sit down for ten minutes without his moaning for me to bring him something else. When I'm sick I want to be left alone--I'm dreading his waking up today. I agree--Mike certainly does not seem to be a whiney baby.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

What a crazy blizzard here!!

Id tell you what the weather was like, if I could see across the street!

30-45cm of snow and winds gusting to 90+ k/hr
You know, working from home means no storm days, however, I had a safe trip across my living room floor, to the "office"

The number of people that will be storm stayed today, cause managers insist they show up, will be substantial!

I am very grateful for my position
Old 01-27-2015, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, Mern, a 13 year old at church has a tumor near her brain. Causes headaches but not operable. She refuses to take the meds because they make her throw up. She's a skinny little thing as it is. Anyway, her dad has to work and her mom doesn't drive. There is a medical reason for mom not driving.

Today, my fever is down, but I have been keeping on top of the Advil schedule. I know I can't walk in the cool air though.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, how about a veggie goal?
3 servings of veggies a day? I may have to attack some V8 juice.

Originally Posted by rosabella2012

Mike: My goals for the week are to keep water consumption high, lower salt intake, increase fiber, log foods consistently and, now that my shoulder's better, add in some different exercises. You're welcome to steal any of them that work for you.
I'll shoot for a minimum of six 16.9oz bottles a day (101.4oz). I'll make a conscience decision to eat at least one high fiber food per day (apple, high fiber cereal, etc)

Originally Posted by LHall1965
Mike - my goals this week is to drink more water and exercise of some sort every day.
101.4 oz per day

Originally Posted by rainbow24
I went out this morning and walked a quick mile. Now I'm going to vent.

I have a husband and two sons. One left home, the two that still live here (husband included in this observation) are whiney little boys when they get sick. My son won't take pain killers because I moved them out of the food cupboard last July. He says they aren't his because they are not where he left them.
This house has four adults and he is the only one that uses children's chewable grape flavoured Tylenol.

Mike, what I have seen of you on the forum, you are a real man.
I'll up your mile by 3. Hey wait, I whine when I'm sick, am i still a real man?

My Goals.
3 servings of (good) veggies per day.
101.4 ounces of water per day
eat high fiber food
walk 4 miles
Old 01-27-2015, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Bea, I'm glad you're safe at home in the blizzard!

Annette, thanks for telling me about the girl with the brain tomor. OMG, I will certainly keep her and her family in my prayers. Glad your fever is down. I forgot--could that be connected with the toothache or are you sure it's something different?

Mike, V8 juice is a great source of the veggie nutrients. I was going to tell you to be sure you get the fiber lacking in the juice, but I see you already thought of that. I didn't do well on my water yesterday. I'll take a tip from you. Aw, we all know you're a real man, even if you do get whiney when you're sick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.