Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When? >

Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When?

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When?

Old 01-23-2015, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, best wishes to ya!

Mike, LOL, I love the pic!

Deb and everyone else, hi!

Finally got 17 month old great-grandbaby to sleep and crept downstairs to log on and say hello. I didn't weigh this morning--my feet, hands, and legs are uncomfortable with a lot of excess water--from making a soy sauce/liquid aminos and artificial honey (with sugar alcohols) dipping sauce waaaaayyyyy too often the past few days in which to dip boneless, skinless chicken. And I'm sure I regained some fat weight. I'm not giving up.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Howdy to all you folks from the not-so-sunny South!

Annette: I feel your pain and wish you a speedy recovery.

Today's weight: 285.6--down 1.6--not as good as I wished but I can sure tell the changes in my body size here lately and that is a good thing! Hope we all have a balanced weekend! Vicki
Old 01-23-2015, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
No relief other that one doctor giving me the go-ahead to use pain killers.

I went to the dental surgeon. He can give me a root canal without issue, but the tooth will be at risk for breaking until I have the crown put on, which requires cutting of the gums. That costs $2600, which I don't have.
For $300 I can have an extraction, with no foreseeable future issues.
Annette, I had a root canal, last January on one of my top front teeth. The canal and permanent filling, cost a total of 750! (but beats 2600). I need to be a BIT cautious, but nothing terrible. A tooth out, to relieve the pain, sounds ok too!

Please try the clove oil, it does work! Pain + root canal candidate = abscess/infection, and unfortunately I am very familiar with this.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Another work week on the books. so I am down a half a pound, but not very happy with that and I am hungry but not yet time for dinner. I thought I would say hello to all and keep me from eating everything in the kitchen - lol I need the distraction and just hearing from all of you help.

Bea and Debbie - yes weekend is here so here's to no fiasco's - potato or otherwise!

Annette - I two have had two teeth removed in the back and don't miss them. So much better than the pain. I lived on orajel and anbesol for weeks until the antibiotics got the infection under control and they could do the extraction.

Vicky - great job this week - Keep up the good work, it feels good to notice the changes.

Libby - hope you feel better also

Mike- great pic. I too have issues with the scale so now I get on once and that is what I go with good or bad because it will fluctuate and keeps me from
trying for a different number - lol

Mern- thanks for the info. I am going to try incorporating more beans into my diet to help me feel full and increase my protein.

Ok - so off to see if I can make a healthy dinner. Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:01 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all,

I have been struggling really hard with anxiety the last few days. It's been years since I felt it so strong. The last time I put my mind to it and lost a lot of weight, the same thing happened. I know it's because I eat when I'm anxious, scared, worried, angry, or helpless. But since I am being conscious not to eat my emotions, I actually have to FEEL them and they are intense. Ugh.

It is right around the one year mark since I lost several people close to me, and this past year was a really awful time for me and my family. It's the anniversary of a lot of pain we experienced, and I'm definitely still healing.

Also my partner had to leave town for ten days for work and I'm feeling really swamped at my job, too. Instead of turning to food I've been trying to turn to exercise, or art, or productive tasks. It is helping, but I am still experiencing frequent moments of really intense anxiety and just trying to work through it.

I know this will pass. My anxiety subsided for years, as my weight dropped and I lived more in alignment to my heart. I am working towards being in that place again. I know how magical life can feel, and how healthy and happy I can be. I know what is possible, and I will get there again.

Thanks for listening

Last edited by paisleyjane; 01-25-2015 at 11:54 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 01-24-2015, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Paisleyjane: How I understand the thoughts and feeling you expressed! Emotions that I didn't know ow to express or didn't feel safe in expressing have been my downfall for years. It's something I struggle with daily. Here's to learning better coping strategies! Vicki
Old 01-24-2015, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

So not to bad last night and drank some lime water with dinner! no drinks so that was a win. We did stay out late though and that has thrown my day off.
Not enough sleep and it is cold here so not feeling too active - missed breakfast and that means I am usually hungry the rest of the day. Trying to stay busy and out of the kitchen - lol

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

I gained a bunch more weight in the last week and a half or so. Several lbs back on. ugh. I'm trying to overcome personal things that are putting me on a bipolar rollercoaster, and I want to get back on track. Today I put together 11 oatmeal packets. Today is takeout night, but I'm not going to since I already had a treat for the day. I'm going to have a bowl of oatmeal for dinner and an atkins w/ milk later tonight. I hope that will be enough to keep me from eating the wrong stuff. Grocery day is tomorrow and I need to plan better what to get or what NOT to get. I know my family likes snacks, and I need to find a balance between what they want and what I can ignore being in the house (not much!). I'm sure there's got to be a happy medium somewhere. I don't know if I'll be fully participating here yet or not, but I do come regularly and read what everyone is doing. Hope your weekends are going well.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Lisa In a week and a half you've most likely gained some actual weight, but some water weight as well. It's probably not as bad as you think!

In the past week or so, I've come to the realization that I matter too! I know that sounds funny...but I matter too!! I do so much for my family that sometimes I don't take the time to take care of myself. I feel guilty and selfish taking time away from family time for myself.....but I matter too!!! Guess what Lisa....you matter too! If it's too tough for you to have the family snack foods in the house, that's valid! Do they really need those snacks? They really don't need that junk food...especially if it's hard on you! Be selfish...take care of yourself! In the end, they'll benefit too!
Old 01-24-2015, 04:55 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, you absolutely matter! It's so important to take time for your own well-being because then you're able to give quality time and the best of you to your family. I often forget this too. Yep, I'm limiting the snacks this week. I asked everyone what they wanted, and Sara is really wanting tortilla chips, nacho cheese, lettuce and tomatoes so I'll do that. I'm getting popcorn, Atkins shakes, rice, bananas for myself. Oh, and we have graham crackers, apples & we'll have bananas so I'm getting the kids Nutella, and also Hershey's bars that everyone likes. That jarred nacho cheese is disgusting...no problemo staying out of that! The Hershey's bars I usually have 1 and that will do me. The Nutella I can take it or leave it. So I think I'll be ok this next week.

I actually logged what I ate today. It wasn't great or completely on point, but I was at least honest when I logged it. That's one step closer to being on track. I know it is for everyone else too, so I really don't have room to bitch about how difficult it is for me. I just know that obsess over eating waaaaay too much that it gets in the way of other parts of my life.

I'm going to try really hard tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.