Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When? >

Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When?

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When?

Old 01-19-2015, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

I like the quote this morning. It reminded me that there are consequences to our actions either good or bad and it is our choices that matter. This was a good day for me and I hope the scale agrees.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Healthy dinner tonight. Some turkey sausage and a harvest grain salad with kidney beans. I have been reading that adding beans is a great source of fiber and protein. They are slow digestive carbs so really don't effect your sugar levels and help keep you full. I'll try adding some and see.
Anyone else eat beans on a regular basis?
Old 01-20-2015, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Lynda, I eat black soybeans which are only 1 gram net carb per 1/2 cup serving. I have them at least once a week.

I fell off the wagon foodwise this weekend and yesterday I ate very unhealthfully--OK, it was a binge. Back on track now.

Have a horrible sinus headache and am headed for antihistamine and then a nap if I can get comfortable enough to fall asleep. Luckily I'm not babysitting today.

I made a batch of baked boneless, skinless chicken breast yesterday and have plenty stuff on hand to make a delicious and satisfying low carb chicken casserole for dinner. That and a spinach salad.

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 01-20-2015, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

1) water... lotsa water. 100 ounces a day no
2) fruits and veggies. 3 servings per day yes
3) workout 3 times no
4) be mindful of my eating no
5) no visiting the ghost (middle of the night eating) I didn't
6) make or fix something not yet
Old 01-20-2015, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Our office just signed up to do a relay for life event for cancer so I have til May to get fit and be ready to walk. Hope this will be a big motivation.
Our company is sponsoring us so it should be a fun event to look forward to.

Mern - never heard of black soybeans - I love edamame so I will look for these and try them - Thanks.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! I've been so busy at work the past two days that it's been hard to check in. I just finished up an hour of cardio on the elliptical and bike and off to make dinner...then it's laundry, homework with the kids and hopefully to bed not too late.

I tried a new recipe last night from the Skinny Taste cookbook. It was Chicken Cordon Bleu meatballs with a savory sauce. It was delish! Tonight I'm trying Siracha Glazed Salmon from the same cookbook. Almost everything in this cookbook looks like it will be good! I love getting a cookbook that has so much potential!

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 01-20-2015, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie: You did great on the exercise! Way to go!

Lynda: Congratulations on signing up for the walk for cancer.

Mern: I looked for the black soybeans today at my local Wal-Mart and didn't find them. Do you get yours online? Hope you feel better soon?

I got a shoulder that's causing me grief--sore and hurting--bursitis flaring up again. Glad I got a heating pad and plenty of Tylenol!
Made 2 new recipes tonight: Chicken thighs and turkey sausage with onions, peppers and mushrooms braised in a rich broth and Tomato Timbale--drained tomatoes, sharp cheddar cheese and soy flour baked like a savory custard. Pretty good, I thought and all ingredients were part of my food plan. Vicki
Old 01-20-2015, 07:52 PM
FitDay Member

I haven't checked in much bc things aren't going well for me in many situations, and I've not been good to myself w/ eating. I've been binging on all the wrong things, and then I feel guilty and then I do it again. Typical addictive eating cycle I think. So, rather than rant about all the stuff that's sinking my bipolar mood, I'll just not get on here much for a while...at least until problems are solved or questions answered and things settle down. I have a hard time maintaining my mental stability when things go like this, and eating right is not high enough on my list of immediate issues. Maybe it should be a priority, but I just don't have the time or energy to handle everything.

Do well everyone!!! I'll check in during "up" periods.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, I have been totally going the wrong way.

Scale was as high as 305 yesterday
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!! is up with that?

My salt intake has GOT to be crazy high, there is no way I could/would gain 9 pounds in 5 days. Sad thing is, when I get into situations like this, I don't WANNA drink water!

I dunno what that says about me, but:

2 litres of water in today already!
35 minutes on the bike.

Even took full length front and back pics in my undies (I have come to the conclusion, I look better in bra and panties, than I do in clothes!!) lol crazy, but true!
Old 01-21-2015, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
"Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For"

...one day, one hour at a time.
Sorry to hear you're struggling Lisa. Just remember...take things one day, one hour at a time. You can do this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.