Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count!

Old 01-16-2015, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

I am missing and will remain missing for a few more days. I got the okay to use pain killers yesterday, so right now I am just waiting for the empty stomach meds to settle before I take pain killers.
Dentist tomorrow, to decide what can be done and what needs to be done. I may have to wait for another doctor to okay a temporary change of meds before dental work.

Then to top it off, I have a sore throat, which I hope is just because of the tooth pain. If I am getting sick, it may prevent me from seeing the dentist.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

I love Fridays. Although I wasn't too thrilled when I stepped on the scale and it gasped for air.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

1) water... lotsa water. 100 ounces a day yes,yes,yes,yes
2) fruits/veggies. 3 servings per day no,yes,yes,no
3) workout 3 times no,yes,no,yes
4) be mindful of my eating yes,yes,no,no
5) no visiting the ghost (middle of the night eating) no,no,no,no
6) make or fix something maybe this weekend, yes (but nothing major)
Old 01-16-2015, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Annette - Toothache is awful!!! I am sorry you are going through that!

Mike, maybe if you exhale before stepping on the scale (I'm sorry the week wasn't as productive as you wanted - those weeks do happen)
Old 01-16-2015, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

I did.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sticking to my calorie goal today so far. I kind of cheated for breakfast with 1/2 c of ice cream and some french bread (came to 350 calories). I'm having an atkins w/ milk right now and it is really hitting the spot.

Tonight might be take out night though. Not sure how I'm going to handle that or what I'm going to get.

My back strained again last night in the exact same spot where it went out so badly last year. It's feeling better now...it didn't completely go out, but it just reinforces my fears of it slipping out like it did before.

It's a good day though overall in that I'm feeling optimistic again after have some loss this past week despite my mess-ups.

Bea, great loss this week!

Mike, sorry the scale wasn't kind to you. The way you put it though made me chuckle.

Annette, sorry you're feeling ick. I hope you feel better quickly.

Debbie, .2 is better than 0. I know it seems so much harder for you to lose than the average joe. Honestly I don't know how you keep up with your kids, work, running a house AND an HOUR of exercise a day on top of that. When do you sleep?? btw, the getting logged out all the time is super irritating for me too.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

I ended up deciding that I wasn't too lazy to cook dinner tonight and we had beef & pork fajitas. Instead of tortillas, I had mine on 2 Hungry Girl Traditional White foldits. With the sour cream, guacamole, cheese, counting the olive oil that the veggies were cooked in, it came in at a very scary 1075 calories!!! On 2 small fajitas I had a total of: 2 Tbsp of sour cream, probably 3 Tbsp of avocado, 1/3 c cheese, 6 oz meat, 2 foldits, olive oil...After all is said and done it was horribly high calorie. Very tasty and filling, but shocked at how high the calories came out to. Kind of discouraging that I would have been better off with take out at Culver's.

More stress at home too. My daughter that just moved back home has been holed up in her room and is too depressed to come out. On top of all that's going on for her, we found out today when we took her car to the shop that her engine is shot and her car is worth nothing more than scrap now. I'll have to be sharing my car again, which makes things tough on me, plus the wear and tear on my car that is no spring chicken (just turned over to 128k miles). We do take care of my car so it should last a while though.

I'm trying to keep positive and optimistic. Things will work out. And even it's slowly I'll lose the weight.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:41 PM
FitDay Member

Today was 'clean out the fridge' day, so that means I repurpose all the leftovers. Cut up the roasted pork loin, carrots, onions, celery and cabbage, tossed it all in a pot with a little olive oil and it was GREAT! I love when that happens. Grilled chicken breasts for tomorrow. Forgot to weigh this morning, so I will in the morning and post.

Annette: Sure hope you feel better soon! Toothaches make me hurt all over.

Lisa: Congrats on your loss this week!

Debbie: Every little bit of weight lost COUNTS! Hope your foot gets better real soon.

Mern: Enjoy them babies! I found myself getting all teary-eyed at the simple thought of holding a very small baby not long ago--I've never done that before. Must be the hormones!

Mike: Here's to better luck with weight loss next week!

Have a great weekend, folks! Vicki
Old 01-17-2015, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all- very busy yesterday so only had time to post my weigh in. We volunteer at a local lodge and had to help with raffles last night at our dinner after work. Helped me get some of my "steps" on my pedometer so that was great.

Lisa- don't deprive yourself just have a little. It seems when I tell myself that I can't have anything then I want everything - lol I try to find options or just small bite. Sometimes the best bite is the first bite anyway!

Mern- grandkids are wonderful. They are a great joy so enjoy them while they are little.

Bea- great job this week - love your jokes

Debbie - If the scale goes down or I feel healthier that It's a win

Mike- working late can take it's toll. Enjoy the weekend

Roxy - enjoy your new bike. I'm going to try to start exercising (not my thing) this next week. I know it will help to increase my activity so it is my next step.

Annette - so sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you get to the dentist as toothaches can be the worst.

Vickie - I will have to try your "Stir Fry" from leftovers what a great way not to waste all those great veggies.

To all and anyone I missed - hoping you have a happy and healthy weekend.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Dentist today, but that is only to assess the problem and decide if I can have it repaired with my meds as is. If not, I have to go to the doctor (already set for Wednesday) to adjust my meds for up to 2 weeks before dental work.

I hate having a chronic illness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.