Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count!

Old 01-15-2015, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still here, just been a really busy week with work. I've had meetings until dinnertime every day. I've been getting home, eating, and going to bed. It's been kinda nice catching up on sleep, but nothing else is getting done :P

I get my new exercise bike today! yay!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still on track but the past couple days I have been busy with supervising older grandkids and babysitting my great-granddaughter and resolving several home computer issues. I think all is OK now.

Dinner is done, but I need to clean the kitchen and I intend to go to bed early since I awoke at 4:30AM and didn't get back to sleep.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm a couple days behind on reading our thread.

Cyber hugs to all!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Eating my dinner and had a very healthy lunch. They did have an office meeting and bought everyone Starbucks ( coffee being one of my weaknesses) but I went on their website and got a nonfat carmel machiato - only 140 calories so it didn't blow my whole day and I got a treat with everyone else so didn't feel deprived. I just ate a little less at lunch and will be very good tonight.

Debbie and Bea- I am with you want to be an 8%er also

Roxy - so glad you cat is Ok, we have three beagles and I love animals

Lisa- hope you made it thru the grocery store. I cannot go when I am hungry or I end up with all kinds of stuff.

Hope everyone had a happy and healthy day!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Hey ladies, I haven't abandoned y'all... again. I've been in meetings all day and by the time I made it back to my office I had a ton of clients to follow up with. Tomorrow will probably be hectic but I will update at some point. Just now getting home. I'll check back tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

Paisleyjane: So glad your kitty is eating again!

Lisa: Hang in there--trying to outlast a craving is tough but it can be done!

Simplebea: Love your comment about still being on the path but walking backwards! Sometimes I walk backwards and side-ways too!

Today has been busy with taking a grandson to a dentist appointment and getting my new glasses. I can see so much better but I've got to gradually let my eyes get adjusted to the new lens to ward off headaches. I discovered a small town a few miles from my home has a GNC store which I visited today. Got some new protein bars to try! Nausea and stomach pain is much better when I keep protein at around 100 gms per day. Don't know what the corelation is but it seems to be what is for me. Vicki

Last edited by rosabella2012; 01-15-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

I've gone over my calories today again, but only 150 calories of it was from a snack after dinner. When I stay on track with my calories I skip breakfast, have a shake/milk for lunch, a regular dinner, a shake/milk mid evening, and sometimes oatmeal before bed. But lately I've been having breakfast, oatmeal 2x and shake/milk 1x plus dinner. That has things pretty much put out of whack for me calorie-wise.

I had a really tasty dinner. I made BLT wraps with a spread made with cream cheese, mayo and dijon. But instead of a tortilla I had 2 hungry girl traditional white foldits. My whole dinner, including 6 marshmallows for dessert, was about 775 calories, and I was very happy with that. But 2x times today I had some leftover taco pasta, about 3/4 c each time, and that alone is about 600 calories added on my day. ugh. That really messed up my count for the day. I've just been so hungry lately.

I haven't gone to the store yet. I'm going in a couple minutes. I plan on buying diet soda and apples, & dh wants a snack of some sort. I'm going to go in and out with blinders on. Problem being that the soda is all the way in the back of the store. I can do this. Thinking positive!

There is a cake recipe I've been really wanting to try. I think I'm going to relax my calories on Sunday and make it for everyone. Is that a bad thing? I know a lot of people plan a cheat day, but I don't know if it's the right thing for me to do or not. I'm kind of thinking that I'm looking forward to it, and in a way it's making it easier not to binge on junk when I know I'm getting something good in a few days to enjoy. I think I get stressed out and more obsessive when I try to forbid myself completely, and then I give in to too much and worse. I'd like to hear your input on this if you care to give it.

On the homefront, my daughter Sara (13) hit a 2 run homerun in her school softball game today. Very proud of her! She's such an athlete.

Roxy,
have fun with your new exercise bike! And so happy your kitty started eating!!!

Lynda,
good job on finding a lower calorie alternative that didn't leaving you feeling deprived.

Debbie,
glad you got to sleep early and are feeling better today. Hope the orthotics help.

Bea, I'm doing my best to be an 8%er. I'm not giving up. may take me a little longer, but I'm going to keep at it.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

*Update: I just got back from the store. The family wanted a snack. I got a tub of rocky road and a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I am proud to say that when I got home and served it up, I had one teeny little niblet bite of cookie dough. that's it. But, before I call it a complete win, I am having a 2oz piece of french bread. Having a little piece of bread though is a lot better than having a big bowl of ice cream.

Good night all.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Two grandkids to supervise (school holiday today and Monday) and a great-grandbaby to babysit today so my time online will be limited. I haven't had time to catch up with the thread. Baby is eating breakfast with Auntie in the kitchen so I have a minute.

I'm down .8 lb. this week without fulfilling my intent to start logging all my food again. I'll take it.

ohelp, aw, I hope you're feeling better today. I think it's perfectly OK to eat what gives you comfort when you're sick.

Lisa, great job on avoiding the ice cream. French bread is great compared to ice cream! Well done!

Crud, I gotta go.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

I'm excited that despite my mess-ups I still lost 1.4lbs this week. I'll take it!!! Feeling relieved.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

This getting logged off continually is really starting to get on my nerves! Argh! Can I just say that hormones are a real thing!

As expected, I didn't lose anything this week....well .2 lbs. I know that if I'm not exercising at least an hour a day, I don't lose. Plus I know I'm retaining water on top of that. Hopefully next week goes better than this week!

Lisa - That's awesome that you had a good loss this week! Keep doing what your doing lady!

Mern - So much work taking care of the babies eh! But I know you enjoy every minute of it! Congrats on the loss this week!

ohelp - I'm in the 'rough week' camp with you! No biggie though right....we have bad weeks and good weeks. Let's just both brush ourselves off and move forward into a new (hopefully healthier!) week.

Vicki - Interesting about the protein and it settling your stomach. I wonder why that is? Good thing you were able to figure it out though!

Mike - Glad to hear you haven't jumped ship! Hopefully you don't work weekends so you get a chance to rest up. That sounds like a late night at work yesterday!

Roxy - New exercise equipment is always fun! I've been using my husbands exercise bike recently because of my foot issues. It's never been my favourite piece of equipment, but I have to say it's very easy to watch tv while using it! It's quieter than my treadmill and I'm not bobbing up and down like I am on the elliptical so it's easier to actually watch a show! Helps to pass the time!

Gotta run! I'll check back in later to tally up the progress on the Easter Challenge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.