Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count!

Old 01-13-2015, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, that potato soup must have been fantastic to take a picture of it. As long as you don't eat that way every day you're just fine. Gotta live and indulge a little along the way. It's nice you can cook delicious stuff!
Old 01-13-2015, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Roxy, has your cat eaten yet. We had one once that was going to die if he didn't eat. We gave him raw liver and it worked. Just a little piece, but we had access to it in bulk. I wouldn't want to go out and buy a pkg. for one cat. Too bad the vet doesn't have a method.

Mern, we made a big deal out of the broccoli incident. Parents were turning and staring. That particular granddaughter can't eat anything but salad at McDonalds. She can have a baked potato at a couple of other places. She is allergic to too many things to make it safe for her to eat take-out.
I take that back. She can do sushi without soy.
The poor kid used to get in trouble for bringing "junk" food to school for lunch, but she couldn't have a sandwich of any kind. They got upset when she brought salmon or sardines, so we sent veggies (no dip) along with homemade gluten free baked goods. Usually made with bean flour, fruit or vegetable juice. We added calcium to give her more intake in a day.
It was that visual thing. A muffin is not necessarily loaded with sugar and fat.
Some days we would send corn chips because they were safe and then she would get in more trouble for bringing junk food.
Once we discovered homemade sushi it was great.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

oml the french bread pizza was sooooo filling and scrumptious! It came to just under 900 calories after I added about an oz of italian sausage on mine. For an entire meal 900 is on the high side, but it's not completely outrageous. I'm taking it as a win. I'm super full, but I still have a sweet tooth for a treat. Come hell or high water I am going to hold off a couple hours, not do anything stupid and then have a shake/milk before bed. I'm still over on my calorie goal by about 150, but that's really not terrible.

Mike, yes, when they're 18 they still think mom and dad are idiots and that they are invincible. My daughter is a super smart girl, good common sense and level-headed most of the time. But she wasn't looking at the bigger picture. And she needed to learn the lesson that the only person you should depend on is yourself. I don't think she'll move out again until she is able to pay for everything herself and not rely on a roommate. We tried warning her that she'd get screwed, but she was too trusting and naive. Tough lessons learned.

*Update: I was stressing, bursting w/ anxiety over my daughter and also my older son's ongoing troubles that are getting worse, plus my own issues...when this happens I want comfort in food. I ended up taking an anxiety pill and made an Atkins w/ milk. It helped me to relax a bit. But as the night has gone on I was still feeling hungry and craving again, so I did just have a bowl of oatmeal w/ cinnamon, brown sugar, stevia, raisins and craisins. It has taken care of everything and I can say that today was a success. Every day is a battle. Today I won.

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 01-13-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Yesterday was a crash and burn kinda day. Started out good....but it didn't end quite so well. I need to put it behind me and do all I can to make today count!

Old 01-14-2015, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Good morning all! Yesterday was a crash and burn kinda day. Started out good....but it didn't end quite so well. I need to put it behind me and do all I can to make today count!
Can I just sign my name at the bottom as well? lol

I know what is going on and it is experimental. I am learning through trial and error, emphasis on error at the moment, the impact protein (too little, not enough) is having on satiety and general feeling well.

I am purposely playing around to find an optimum. The failing, is just a bonus but I am learning so, it's all good!
Old 01-14-2015, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Anyone else hate their scale? Seriously, I think I need to get away from my digital scale because it's so inaccurate. Take this morning for example, I step on it, it reads 207.0. I step on it again (I like to weigh myself twice) and it says 207.4. I did not gain nearly a half pound in 30 seconds. I've had it fluctuate as much as a couple pounds within seconds.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-14-2015 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

My scale gives me grief too but I only complain when my weight goes up.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by libby135
My scale gives me grief too but I only complain when my weight goes up.
Me too. I just hate seeing unrealistic fluctuation.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

1) water... lotsa water. 100 ounces a day yes,yes
2) fruits/veggies. 3 servings per day no,yes
3) workout 3 times no,yes
4) be mindful of my eating yes,yes
5) no visiting the ghost (middle of the night eating) no, no
6) make or fix something maybe this weekend

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-14-2015 at 04:41 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

All I can say is that I woke up this morning and dragged my butt over to the scale. I stepped on it and it did the 88888 thing, then switched to Lo. I stepped on it again and it 88888, then 0.0, but when I stood on it I got -.

So I went through the process again and it weighed me three pounds heavier than yesterday.

SO I WENT BACK TO BED.

I'll change the battery later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.