Non-Scale Successes and General Positivity

Old 01-09-2015, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Non-Scale Successes and General Positivity

We work hard
We stumble
We get back up

We need to celebrate ALL our accomplishments. Health and otherwise
We also need to acknowledge other positive things in our lives!

I'll start:

Firstly on the health front
I did a straight 30 minutes on the exercise bike!!!

On the, oh this is cool front
I got stopped at the grocery store by a complete stranger, who told me after seeing my natural grey, she no longer wants to dye her hair. I felt like a MOVIE STAR!! (I really do love my grey hair) It's different, natural, and MINE!!

Feel free to add some good stuff!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

I love his idea Bea! I remember we used to do this from time to time here on the forum, but this is a great reminder to us all to celebrate NSVs!

My NSV for this week was I susccessfully got myself out of bed each and every morning before work and got in a workout! I also managed to get in extra cardio every evening...but I'm most proud of my a.m. workouts. This way, when life takes over at any point in my day, I know I've already done something good for myself. As a working mom with young kids, it's easy to not put my own priorities on the front burner...and rightfully so since I'm raising children...but I also can't forget about myself in that mix...so I exercise while everyone is still sleeping.

This NSV has been my own personal focus this week....and it feels so good to carve out that time for myself!

Bea - As for the grey hair, I too am inspired by women who allow their hair to grey...so much so that I'm letting my own natural grey grow in! I only have a few 'sparklers' as my hair stylist likes to call them and I've been colouring them just at the root for just over a year now. I'm sick of it! I started wondering why I feel the need to colour them? I'm 43 so it's not like I'm greying very young...so why? I'm following your lead Bea, and other women I know, who love and rock their greying hair!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

I love my gray hair too--I figure I've earned it.! I went for a pedicure earlier in the week and it's getting easier every time to get in/out of the chairs. Walking is easier most days--IF Mr. Arther behaves! The owner of the nail shop was there this time but she hadn't been the last 3 times I went in, so it had been a few months since she had seen me. She complimented me on my weight loss and told me she was really glad to see I was doing things to try to be healthier. It was awesome that she noticed. (My husband rarely gives a comment, positive or negative.) Here's to all of us trying to make positive difference in our health, physical, mental or emotional! Vicki
Old 01-09-2015, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

I like NSV's! Mind for the week is that I'm taking baby steps to get back on track. However small, baby steps is still a forward motion rather than falling backwards.

I'm proud of my grey. I'm getting really grey all along the front sides where I tuck it behind my ears. Everyone hates my grey. My daughter has told me many times she hates it and wants me to color it. I think coloring is a big pain in the ass. I don't want to commit myself to doing it every 4-6 weeks so I let mine go. I know it makes me look older, but oh well. Vicki is right about earning it. I have definitely earned these stripes!!!

Vicki, doesn't it feel great when people notice??
Old 01-09-2015, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

I was teaching a few days ago and when I popped into the staffroom and looked in the mirror, I had ONE long, wiry white hair that was poking straight up. I didn't want to pull it (oh I love grey hair, I look forward to mine turning grey) but I had to, it didn't want to stay put :P
I'm 31 and I get a few of 'em here and there. I don't mind more.

My NSV today was this: I got off work, from a long and stressful week, and I was like "YAYYYY!! IT'S FRIDAY!!" and felt sky-high excited for the weekend. I felt like I wanted to say EFF IT and order a big greasy pizza and break out a case of ciders and just RELAX in a BIG way for the weekend. I am tired. I work hard. I felt like that would make me happy, albeit only temporarily.

Instead, I went to the grocery store, calculated out all the calories for a home-version pizza, picked up some gin and lemon, and will have an ON PLAN party. Calories counted, all within my daily budget. I get to have my Friday party and not feel guilty about it after, I won't undo all my hard work (I'll expect some water retention tomorrow but I'm ok with that, nothing some water and exercise won't fix )

Anyways. I know it's funny - pizza and drinks as a NSV, but the victory is doing what I want to do and staying inside my calorie budget with no regrets. Yay!
Old 01-09-2015, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

good job Roxy! Home made with better ingredients is definitely a win in my book over greasy take out. Way to control the urges! Wish I at your party!
Old 01-09-2015, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

I'm lovin' all the grey talk!! I've seriously struggled with the decision to just let my sparklers grow in with pride. You ladies have inspired me to just be me! Thank you!

Roxy - You sound like my kind of girl! Friday...kick back and ease up with a drink! It's been a tough week for sure! Oh I do love my red wine and expect an increase on the scale the next day (if I were weighing daily)....but I too opted for a home cooked meal (skinnytaste.com salisbury steak....YUMMY!) and easy on the wine. I already have my workout planned for tomorrow...but gotta live right!!!
Old 01-10-2015, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Well I am happy to report that my plan worked. Home-version pizza and gin with water & lemon, totally filled the desire for "fun" food, AND I was still down .4 this morning. Yay

Today I plan to take all my vitamins, drink lots of water, and get a good hour of exercise in.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

My grey stays. I know it isn't my fault, but if I don't have grey in my hair, everyone thinks that my husband is my father.
It's all in the difference of how we carry ourselves. My 37 year old daughter looks older than I do.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome Roxy!!! Mmmmmm....homemade pizza. Maybe that will be on my menu tonight!

Annette, I'm sure your 37 yo daughter wouldn't agree LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.